Adjanbj

adjan jb

Hi,

As I already mentioned in another thread, since a prankster has tried to use "my" avatar and a very similar nickname (adjanbj), I’m currently engaged in preliminary talks with the powers that be to have my nickname changed into something more in tune with my borderline personality.

Unfortunately, the name I had in my mind is already taken by a poster who registered 4 years ago but never posted once.

I have a few ideas (all insane of course) but I like to hear from you.

I choose to post this topic in the Chiang Mai forum and not in the General Topics because if I was to select a name coined by a member, I’d be more than happy to pay a few rounds of beer to the winner, at Tuskers (BTW, Sir Milton, is it still possible to get that membership card that gives a 10% discount? :o ).

adjanbj, feel free to compete.

Banter is allowed (and welcome), insults are not (unless you want to join my « Ignore » list). I know, that doesn’t sound too scary. :D

Cheers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just went through this process myself and you'll soon see me reinvented as my alternate personality :o ...

It was really hard to think of something I could settle on... I'm sorry but I can not even begin to think of something for someone else... and I'm not in CM so wouldn't be able to get the beer :D

Good luck 'the poster formally known as adjan jb'... That could work!

Not nice to read of this prankster , before you know we might think

adjan posts something which is not yours .

Je taime , french hurricane , or ces't moi might be a nice name ,

something French I would like , but its all up to you ain't it .

At least I will ignore all the prank is posting , thats for sure , but why ?

It happened to me too, just start a new account and let the prankster dig him or herself their own hole.

Except that would be a forum violation. :o

"14) Multiple accounts on the Thaivisa Forum are not permitted. Any member found to have more than one account will be suspended. Suspended or Banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned."

As I already mentioned in another thread, since a prankster has tried to use "my" avatar and a very similar nickname (adjanbj), I’m currently engaged in preliminary talks with the powers that be to have my nickname changed into something more in tune with my borderline personality.

I am surprised that TV rules allow similar nicknames. I have seen other sites that specifically prohibit folks from using similar nicknames due to the confusion it causes. Perhaps, that should be considered here?

I am surprised that TV rules allow similar nicknames. I have seen other sites that specifically prohibit folks from using similar nicknames due to the confusion it causes. Perhaps, that should be considered here?

Anyway since I'm not a university teacher anymore I take the prank as a very good opportunity to have my nick changed (in accordance with forum rules. I've already approached a local mod)

It happened to me too, just start a new account and let the prankster dig him or herself their own hole.

Except that would be a forum violation. :o

"14) Multiple accounts on the Thaivisa Forum are not permitted. Any member found to have more than one account will be suspended. Suspended or Banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned."

What if you're scizophrenic? :D

How 'bout Oddjob?

Historically, it builds phonetically on your soon-to-be previous moniker. Descriptively, it captures you perfectly. Fashionably, it associates you with none other than the suave and world-renowned James Bond. Finally, it would up the ante, in terms of raciness, on your imitator's 'bj'.

I offer it to you under a ten-year royalty-free license.

This thread amuses me, something like the story of the Hollywood mogul who said to a young starlet, after spending an inordinate amount of time talking about himself: 'But enough about me! . . . . What do you think about me?'

How 'bout Oddjob?

Historically, it builds phonetically on your soon-to-be previous moniker. Descriptively, it captures you perfectly. Fashionably, it associates you with none other than the suave and world-renowned James Bond. Finally, it would up the ante, in terms of raciness, on your imitator's 'bj'.

I offer it to you under a ten-year royalty-free license.

Not to mention "as poor as Job"

Now we've got a serious contender.

This thread amuses me, something like the story of the Hollywood mogul who said to a young starlet, after spending an inordinate amount of time talking about himself: 'But enough about me! . . . . What do you think about me?'

When I started this thread, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone: find an original nickname and have some fun (even at my expense) but I couldn't care less about what strangers think about me.

Edited by adjan jb