Samui Radio Online?

Internet radio/online radio

An audio broadcasting service that is transmitted through the Internet. Internet radio is similar in nature to Internet broadcasting, also called webcasting. However, those listening to the continuous stream audio broadcast have no control over the stream, similar to traditional radio broadcasting. Many radio stations worldwide offer their broadcast via Internet radio to a worldwide audience.

PC Magazine's definition:

Listening to audio broadcasts via the Internet. There are more than 4,000 broadcasts available on the Internet that can be streamed and played by a software media player in the computer or in a stand-alone Internet radio with the software built in. The broadcasts come from a myriad of different organizations as well as traditional radio stations.

Live or Canned

Internet radio may be streamed in real time along with regular AM and FM over-the-air broadcasts, or it may be a recording of a previous broadcast. In the latter case, the broadcast can be streamed at any time from the beginning.

The best radio station for me is www.pandora.com In fact, it is not a real station, but an algorithm which analyses music and suggest similar music.

For instance : you like the Cure. After signing up, you enter your favourite Cure song, and the program generates a radio station which plays mostly newwave from the eighties . If there is a song you don't like, you tell it to the program and you will never hear it again. If you would like to have more variation, you add more artists/songs from different genres.

The good thing, it's free and you will never hear a commercial. The bad thing, it's no longer available outside the US due to copyright issues. The solution : be creative... :o

The best radio station for me is www.pandora.com In fact, it is not a real station, but an algorithm which analyses music and suggest similar music.

For instance : you like the Cure. After signing up, you enter your favourite Cure song, and the program generates a radio station which plays mostly newwave from the eighties . If there is a song you don't like, you tell it to the program and you will never hear it again. If you would like to have more variation, you add more artists/songs from different genres.

The good thing, it's free and you will never hear a commercial. The bad thing, it's no longer available outside the US due to copyright issues. The solution : be creative... :o

Go the Eagles.

• 1 month later...
nope, unlessd you like to listen to Thai music

a mate of mine is considering starting one with the help of quite a famous chap from a well known london radio station.....will keep all informed.....

can you give any more info on this,which london station is the famous chap from?

a mate of mine is considering starting one with the help of quite a famous chap from a well known london radio station.....will keep all informed.....

can you give any more info on this,which london station is the famous chap from?

KISS fm

Please not Tarrant or Neil Fox, please ???

Please not Tarrant or Neil Fox, please ???

Nah...smashy and nicey

tried Pandora.com, but it seems it's restricted for US market only, please advice. :D

Graham Gold is the guy - these dayz he's an old short bald bloke who looks like Gary Glitter did when he got of of a vietnam Jail!!! GG lives on Koh Phangan. G Gold that is!!! Funny that they both have same initials!! Its Early days and Not sure if this is gonna work out though from what Ive heard from the horses - no rush hours or congestion to get an audience on these islands!!!

• 2 months later...

Radio One Samui Launch is tomorrow actually, Thursday 16th July at Lakeview. . The airwaves of Samui have a new sound!! :) JaxxB

Some years ago there was an English spoken Samui radio program. Music, infos, interviews and personal thoughts were nicely presented by a young Thai with a beautiful voice. She was great, very natural. Sometimes she just forget what she was talking about or was suddenly not so sure about an issue, but that was never embarrissing. A lot of laughs by her. Wonder what happened to her?

Some years ago there was an English spoken Samui radio program. Music, infos, interviews and personal thoughts were nicely presented by a young Thai with a beautiful voice. She was great, very natural. Sometimes she just forget what she was talking about or was suddenly not so sure about an issue, but that was never embarrissing. A lot of laughs by her. Wonder what happened to her?

Was she the same one on Samui Channel?

Was she the same one on Samui Channel?

Don't know. Maybe it was Samui Channel. It was the only English spoken Samui radio program, as far as I know, until today.

As of this evening friday 17th July 2009 a new radio station on samui will be launched;

7.30pm - 10pm Thai Time. 1.30 - 4pm GMT. Radio One Samui 101.75 FM and also online

PM me for station website or would the MOD allow?

Edited by samui543

As of this evening friday 17th July 2009 a new radio station on samui will be launched;

7.30pm - 10pm Thai Time. 1.30 - 4pm GMT. Radio One Samui 101.75 FM and also online

PM me for station website or would the MOD allow?

Sure:

www.radioonesamui.com

Thanks for the link samui543.