Work Permit

eutin45

The office is on the ground floor at City Hall (in Employment/Labour office). They have a form that you and your employer must complete. It's quite simple.

1. Drop off forms with a 100 baht deposit.

2. Pick up Work Permit next day and pay 3000 baht.

This is all simple if you have the proper visa.

It would also depend on the job you are applying for. But you will probably need your degree and a health certificate from a hospital. The last one doesn't take long and cost about 50 bath.

Most of the things have to be supplied by the employer, such as contracts, how many employers, how many foreigners, etc.

I've had work permits for the past 4 years - never needed a copy of degree or health certificate.

I also complete all the documents for the work permit and never had to supply a contract, employer details or number of foreigners. These documents are usually for the visa extension, not work permit.

At least this is what is necessary for a volunteer work permit with a foundation. However; I believe that the work permit process is the same for companies.

The staff at City Hall responsible for work permits are very nice and very efficient compared to other government departments. I was there last Friday and it's always a nice experience in the whole work permit/visa extension process.