What Should We Do?

This is really worrying me.

I meant ... If i married with my bf (25 yrold from the Netherlands) here in Thailand, and he only had 400K in bank acct, which should be o.k. for the initial 1 yr visa. But what bout for renewals?? I know it would take him quite some time to get a job that pay at least 40K, or he may never ever gonna get that kind of job at all. He might be able to get only jobs like teaching Eng for 20-30K or sth. And he's not a rich guy. In his hometown, he just gets job that pays around the minimum requirement needed to be able to request for visa for me to go live there.

So my point is ... If we couldn't even live in our own country with our spouse (who definitely can be a good resident) just cose we don't have a lot of money or high income (And us who live in Thailand know that we don't need 40K a month to survive and feed the family, especially when both husband & wife got a job), then which spot on earth or what planet could we move to???

Will the immigration ever listen to our explaination? Can't wife support husband and husband support wife at the same time? I think ...family ... doesn't mean "Guys pay everything" rite?

Anyone got good advice? Or you'd recommend us to just get married, transfer his money from abroad to thai bank acct, get initial 1 yr visa, spend that one yr to look for job, and just take a risk & try to explain to the immigration when the renewal time comes?

I really need help ... :o

Thank you :-)

But how to do the visa run? like every 90 days?

He'll be allowed to live on non-immi (:D if he gets a job that pays less than 40k? Or can live on non-immi (o) based on marriage to me?

And is this visa run ... the choice we can keep doing forever untill he retires?

We just want to be together somewhere :o

No one is going to ask where the 400K in the bank comes from.

If you are working and contributing there will be no problem.

Live on the 400 K now and replenish it ready for the next time round.

Alternatively you could both go and live in the Netherlands.

I expect jobs are better paid there.

i don't believe that is too good an advice :

so far, everybody keeps telling me, that the money has to come from overseas, and this has to be proven, as well as immi might get curious where you live from, if you only use 100k a year. :D:o

Thank you for advices :D

Yes, I've been told that from the immigration too :o

I really have no problem with moving to the Netherlands myself. But ... i doubt that'll be easier to manage than getting he here? As i said, he's not a rich guy who owns house, business or a lot of money sth like that.

I know most ppl been telling me if he could find a job here, it'd be easier. And that "getting a job (with WP)" part is the part that worries me :D

i don't believe that is too good an advice :

so far, everybody keeps telling me, that the money has to come from overseas, and this has to be proven, as well as immi might get curious where you live from, if you only use 100k a year. :D:o

Got to agree with "chico" on that one. All the current information indicates that immigration very much does care where the 400K comes from and if you aren't working in Thailand (work permit), then proof is required that the money came from overseas (abroad).

If he gets a teaching job with a WP he'll be fine. The minimum wages don't apply to us, and he won't have to do runs as his WP (if he gets one) will extend his Visa!

Easy!

Thank you Kenkannif :-)

btw, "the minimum wages don't apply to us"? You meant if someone's in teaching career (with legal WP), then he can get his visa extend, renew or whatsover as long as he still works as teacher even if he got low salary?? Don't have to show them you earn 40K a month?

And will any school hire a Dutch (no B.A., has only College diploma and TEFL)? Any advice on which schools we should go apply?

Ah I'm sorry for been asking so many questions bout this visa thingy on here. But I really need to make it clear to me & my bf, so we know what choice we have.

thanks a bunch

That's right if he's got a WP and is earning less than 40K he'll still be able to get his Visa extended year after year as long as he keeps his job!

Err I thought you said he had a degree in the teachers room? If not it will be a lot harder to get a WP!

Go to the teachers room and I'll answer your school questions there!

That's right if he's got a WP and is earning less than 40K he'll still be able to get his Visa extended year after year as long as he keeps his job!

Err I thought you said he had a degree in the teachers room? If not it will be a lot harder to get a WP!

Go to the teachers room and I'll answer your school questions there!

I believe she said diploma rather than degree (something like junior collage perhaps?). He is also not a native speaker. Do not believe his chance of advancement would be very good here in Thailand. Do not recall what the gal has for qualifications but it is likely she could do better there and he can do here in Thailand.