10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red-shirts to rally at Finance Ministry on Thursday

The red-shirted people will rally at the Finance Ministry Thursday, Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirted leader, said Wednesday.

He said the rally at the Finance Ministry would mark the beginning of the red-shirt small rallies outside the main demonstration ground at the Government.

He said the protesters would express their opposition to the government's plan to obtain foreign loans to carry out stimulus measures.

Hmmm, so let me get this straight...what they are really saying is.."We don't have enough people left for a big rally, so we will call them small rallies". Then, next week, they will change them to mini rallies, during Songkran, Micro Rallies....see the progression? lol

What they are say is that Kasit is with PAD. KASIT OOK BAI.

Do the Rope-A-DOPE'S know that Kasit isn't with the Finance Ministry, but the Foreign Affairs Ministry?

Edited by sriracha john

Thaksin sets rally deadline

Anti-government forces will end their rally outside Government House before Songkran, a Puea Thai Party member says.

The source, a member of Puea Thai Party's strategy team, said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra wanted the rally to succeed in its aim to oust the Abhisit administration before Songkran, the Thai new year, begins on April 13.

Thaksin has called for protesters to pour in from every province to join the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship protest in Bangkok.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...-rally-deadline

"The source".

Is that the same source who said "all or nothing Sunday, over by Monday".

It sure seems like we have a few Puea Thai Party members posting on the thread so it could be.

Do the Rope-A-DOPE'S know that Kasit isn't with the Finance Ministry, but the Foreign Affairs Ministry?

I wouldn't be sure! But more important is that he is a terrorist. Till now no-one could explain why he is a terrorist but such details should not stop them to send a mini-mini-microdemonstration to the FINANCE Ministry....

:o

This is why Police are with the reds. Reds never harm police

For the benefit of those with fuzzy memories...

Can't imagine why the police would want to prosecute thugs for assaulting an injuring 200 policemen? It's not difficult.

mobenraged22july07lumpini.jpg

July 22, 2007 UDD protest at Prem's house that resulted in 200 policemen getting injured.

Updated information relative to the UDD attacking around Prem's house before...and before they do so again...

btw, justanothercybertosser had it wrong earlier...

Edited by sriracha john

Updated information relative to the UDD attacking around Prem's house before...and before they do so again...

btw, justanothercybertosser had it wrong earlier...

Prosecutor Warns Red-shirt Group Not to Repeat Offense at Gen Prem's Residence

The Chief Criminal Prosecutor has warned red-shirt protesters not to repeat their previous offenses at the residence of the Privy Council President, saying a previous decision not to file charges against them does not mean their actions were legal, and that the case has not been officially closed.

Chief Criminal Prosecutor Kayasit Pisawongprakarn warned the red-shirt protesters not to view the decision not to prosecute them yet as an indication that their actions in front of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda's residence were legal.

Earlier, police had filed charges against 15 leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, or DAAD, for carrying weapons injuring people and police officers and inciting supporters to create turmoil in front of General Prem's home in July 2007.

However, the prosecutor's office later concluded that there was not enough evidence to convict the protesters in court and sent the case back to police.

This led some red-shirt leaders to claim they had the legal right to surround General Prem's residence.

However, Kayasit warned the red-shirt supporters not to repeat their actions. He said National Police Chief Police General Patcharawat Wongsuwan has yet to present the case to the Attorney-General's Office for a final decision.

- TOC / 2009-04-01

If you're going to post news, could you please follow Thaivisa's policy and do so properly as we are all expected to do or just don't bother at all.

Thank you.

I don't mind personal attacks against myself, as I leave myself open to them, but please educate yourself about Mr. Chamong, before you make any more slanderous statements. He is probably one of the most upstanding citizens that Thailand has seen. If you enjoy reading and learning new things, you might want to check out the following link...

http://www.rmaf.org.ph/Awardees/Biography/...SrimuangCha.htm

I would suggest not to read cleaned up bios and similar fluff pieces. I have read that one a long time ago and tossed it away. That is more or less what i have mean with my comment on people not having done the necessary research, and meddling with things way over their head. Thank you for confirming my point.

I would suggest reading what historians write. Thongchai Winitchakul, for example, wrote a paper called "Remembering/Silencing the Past". In there it states that Chamlong was an organizer of Navapol, Kratingdaeng and the Luk Sua Chao Ban, and also present at October 6th at Royal Plaza, where the village scouts assembled before their attack. Chamlong was seen organizing the rabble rousing speekers behind their stage.

Edited by justanothercybertosser

What really is the point of debating these miniature minutiae ad infinitum? I know this is a forum but the big point remains and is the key issue here...

It is clear that that revolutions always start with the working class and always when they are not happy.... That appears to me to be the case right now as capitalism is on the defensive globally, Thailand WILL be hit harder than it should be because it screwed the two biggest assets it had - exports/imports and tourism - by closing its airport and because it is socially the least well equipped place to deal with tough times.

An elitist, military backed government with no real mandate to rule has allied itself with halfwits (Kasit is a fine example) and so now will pay the price as the people can see the real staory for the first time in a while.

I know we cannot bet in this fair country so a sportsman's bet to you all is that we will see the current outfit calling themselves a government fall within 14 days. You cannot fight millions of angry people, not even with BMWs, Prada and miltary backing!

On a lighter note, I found the perfect partner for Kasit, mr Super Halfwit can join with Ms Super Halfwit Universe....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7976207.stm (must read)

She thinks it is fun in Guantanamo Bay as Kasit thought the airport seige was fun... perfect match!

I say: 'Never underestimate how stupid some people are in this world, but be constantly surprised how they manage to get away with it and get promoted to their level of incompetence!'

Prosecutor Warns Red-shirt Group Not to Repeat Offense at Gen Prem's Residence

The Chief Criminal Prosecutor has warned red-shirt protesters not to repeat their previous offenses at the residence of the Privy Council President, saying a previous decision not to file charges against them does not mean their actions were legal, and that the case has not been officially closed.

Chief Criminal Prosecutor Kayasit Pisawongprakarn warned the red-shirt protesters not to view the decision not to prosecute them yet as an indication that their actions in front of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda's residence were legal.

Earlier, police had filed charges against 15 leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, or DAAD, for carrying weapons injuring people and police officers and inciting supporters to create turmoil in front of General Prem’s home in July 2007.

However, the prosecutor's office later concluded that there was not enough evidence to convict the protesters in court and sent the case back to police.

This led some red-shirt leaders to claim they had the legal right to surround General Prem's residence.

However, Kayasit warned the red-shirt supporters not to repeat their actions. He said National Police Chief Police General Patcharawat Wongsuwan has yet to present the case to the Attorney-General's Office for a final decision.

- TOC / 2009-04-01

What really is the point of debating these miniature minutiae ad infinitum? I know this is a forum but the big point remains and is the key issue here...

It is clear that that revolutions always start with the working class and always when they are not happy.... That appears to me to be the case right now as capitalism is on the defensive globally, Thailand WILL be hit harder than it should be because it screwed the two biggest assets it had - exports/imports and tourism - by closing its airport and because it is socially the least well equipped place to deal with tough times.

An elitist, military backed government with no real mandate to rule has allied itself with halfwits (Kasit is a fine example) and so now will pay the price as the people can see the real staory for the first time in a while.

I know we cannot bet in this fair country so a sportsman's bet to you all is that we will see the current outfit calling themselves a government fall within 14 days. You cannot fight millions of angry people, not even with BMWs, Prada and miltary backing!

On a lighter note, I found the perfect partner for Kasit, mr Super Halfwit can join with Ms Super Halfwit Universe....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7976207.stm (must read)

She thinks it is fun in Guantanamo Bay as Kasit thought the airport seige was fun... perfect match!

I say: 'Never underestimate how stupid some people are in this world, but be constantly surprised how they manage to get away with it and get promoted to their level of incompetence!'

Here's another one for Steve2UK to advise on.

"Govt desperate to block Thaksin's calls

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 1/04/2009 at 05:08 PM

The government is searching desperately for ways to block former premier Thaksin Shinawatra's phone-ins to his supporters, with Information and Communications Technology Minister Ranongrak Suwanchwee in talks with CAT Telecom about cutting off the signal.

Mrs Ranongrak said cutting off the signal had to be done carefully, because it could affect other people also using the same frequency.

She was speaking after attending a special cabinet meeting on Wednesday to discuss ways to deal with the protest rallies by the red-shirt supporters of the pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship."

Continues at:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...ksin-appearance

"Govt desperate to block Thaksin's calls

Published: 1/04/2009 at 05:08 PM

The government is searching desperately for ways to block former premier Thaksin Shinawatra's phone-ins to his supporters, with Information and Communications Technology Minister Ranongrak Suwanchwee in talks with CAT Telecom about cutting off the signal.

Mrs Ranongrak said cutting off the signal had to be done carefully, because it could affect other people also using the same frequency.

She was speaking after attending a special cabinet meeting on Wednesday to discuss ways to deal with the protest rallies by the red-shirt supporters of the pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship."

Continues at:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...ksin-appearance

It is easy to block Thaksin call.

Just shut shut down all telephone and internet network. If that still doesn't work, pull down the entire electricity grid. That should do the trick.

Here are 3,000 reds on 26th March

So never quite made the few extra zeroes to 300,000 as promoted, eh?

And since 5 days ago, the 3,000 continues to dwindle down to 2,000 as per the news.

Quite a bust in terms of turnout for the whole wing-ding.

It's all turned into a bit of a damp squib really for the Reds. Low turnouts and low stayability beyond the initial cash collection stage, means that Tax-sin's Revolution is turning into a non-event. Now, if he led from the front like he claimed he would, then he might be able to draw another few thousand of the faithful zombies to his cause, but that's about as likely as Swaziland winning the next World Cup. It seriously looks like he's misjudged his "19 million" supporters zeal and commitment once again. :o

the Reds have tried to take some lessons from PAD's campaign, but without the sacrifice, commitment of thousands of genuine supporters and sheer good organisational capability of the leaders, the Reds can never hope to match the successes of their nemesis. Tough I guess. :D

Re. Chamlong - why would anyone dismiss his very public life as Bangkok Governor, leader of Phalang Dharma party, and leader of Santi Asoke sect, and instead define the man by actions thirty years ago no one remembers anymore?

Let me guess - it's better for mudslinging, but what do I know. Justanothertosser might have a higher purpose, like "it's better for democracy" or something.

If only we had unquestionalbe faith in his ideology... I'm too stupid, I guess.

I don't mind personal attacks against myself, as I leave myself open to them, but please educate yourself about Mr. Chamong, before you make any more slanderous statements. He is probably one of the most upstanding citizens that Thailand has seen. If you enjoy reading and learning new things, you might want to check out the following link...

http://www.rmaf.org.ph/Awardees/Biography/...SrimuangCha.htm

I would suggest not to read cleaned up bios and similar fluff pieces. I have read that one a long time ago and tossed it away....

I wouldn/t be at all surprised, if you suggested not reading anything that doesn't go along with your point of view.

There are some of us, who read both sides of the story and make up our own minds afterwards.

Well, let's wait and see how many people will show up this morning, and how their continued attempt to block government workers from returning to Government House will turn out today ;-)

If the Red turnout is as low as the interest in this thread (9 people reading it at the moment, as opposed to hundreds, when the PAD occupied Government House), then I don't think they will have much of a chance of overthrowing a government.

Maybe copying a local noodle stand merchant is not too hard, but copying a genuine mass movement and trying to make it look real, I would think, is a much harder task to accomplish. ;-)

Millions..... :o

Those millions have been showing up en masse as well. Lets see - 2,000 (number of people protesting at the moment x 1000 = the percentage of your grand delusions (i.e. 1000 percent)

Government falls in 14 days. I'll take that bet. What shall we wager? My garden needs a good weeding....

Edited by jbowman1993

On some up country ptotests only 200 people showed up to shutdown local governments, and they didn't even have proper leaders. That prompted one governor to ask them not to come out and make fools out of themselves. Of course he wasn't as blunt, he said "Don't just come and do nothing, get yourself a plan first."

It's all in the news somewhere, I'm quoting from memory.

The elite and their mia noi, BMW lifestyles might be nearing end game now.........for the Thai people will find a way to resent it, when they are told to be sufficient and live off rice, whilst others are corrupt and live off of BMW, Mercedes and Prada for the Mia Noi's.

This one's difficult to pass, too.

What makes people say these things? Envy? It must be eating them.

Or is it believe that TRT/PPP/PTP or whoever comes to power if reds win are shiny moral compasses that would never ever think of having mia nois or, gosh, driving BMWs? TRT used to provide "entertainment" at their official party functions, btw.

I don't know what to think of their former leader Somchai who drove his pregnant mistress to suicide.

But I do have a solution - rally behind Chamlong instead!

The elite and their mia noi, BMW lifestyles might be nearing end game now.........for the Thai people will find a way to resent it, when they are told to be sufficient and live off rice, whilst others are corrupt and live off of BMW, Mercedes and Prada for the Mia Noi's.

This one's difficult to pass, too.

What makes people say these things? Envy? It must be eating them.

Or is it believe that TRT/PPP/PTP or whoever comes to power if reds win are shiny moral compasses that would never ever think of having mia nois or, gosh, driving BMWs? TRT used to provide "entertainment" at their official party functions, btw.

I don't know what to think of their former leader Somchai who drove his pregnant mistress to suicide.

But I do have a solution - rally behind Chamlong instead!

I wouldn't write off these sentiments just as envy, though that and class "warfare" is presumably part of it.History is full of elite groups who ignored or minimised these sentiments and their reward was marginalisation, exile and (think Romania) sometimes a lot worse.The trick is to manage the transition and I think in Thailand that role will fall to educated middle class people, dare I say it like Abhisit/Korn etc who don't see politics as a zero sum game.You are right that that leadership won't come from the TRT/PPP axis.Thaksin may have been the catalyst for change but events have moved beyond him now.

I assume your reference to that sanctimonious (and in my view irresponsible and wicked) old fraud Chamlong was a late April Fool's joke.

On some up country ptotests only 200 people showed up to shutdown local governments, and they didn't even have proper leaders. That prompted one governor to ask them not to come out and make fools out of themselves. Of course he wasn't as blunt, he said "Don't just come and do nothing, get yourself a plan first."

It's all in the news somewhere, I'm quoting from memory.

Some couldn't even get 200. There were some places with only about 50 reds.

Anyone hear yet, if Government Workers went to work at Government House this morning?

I wouldn't write off these sentiments just as envy, though that and class "warfare" is presumably part of it.

I was speaking of one particular poster who calls himself "levelhead", of all nicks.

I've never heard any of the reds I know to argue against BMWs or mia nois. I've never heard any of red leaders preach against wealth either. In fact their typical line is that corruption and stealing is ok as long as you spend some money on the poor. There was some news about misapppropriating rally funds about a month ago, no one in the red camp had any objections, afaik. Why do you think it is?

Thaksin is flying 1.5 billion jet, btw.

Koo

Are they revealing on stage who was creaming off the Golden Triangle payola till Thai Rak Thai came along and started rejigging everything?

Journalist, I don't know if they have talked about that or I miss that.

I just know that yesterday, one of the 111 banned politicians of Thai Rak Thai just showed a copy of a newspaper which was distributed in Thailand, about the image of the 5 Baht and 10 Baht coin. This shows that those who all the time makes himself look good is worse than anyone.

Korn: No worries about UDD rallies

Published: 2/04/2009 at 09:13 AM Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij, who is attending the G20 summit in London, said he is not concerned about the red-shirt protesters who plan to rally at his ministry on Thursday.

The group said it would like to protest against the ministry's plan to seek overseas loans as part of attempts to stimulate the economy.

Mr Korn said he is not worried about the rally as long as the protesters follow the law.

The overseas loans have been made transparently, and they are done for the benefit of the people, he continued.

On the G20 summit, the finance minister said Thailand would like the G20 nations not to care only about problems within their group, but to also think about developing countries.

hmmm...They can rally at my place, when I am not home, if the want ;-)

Just had a meeting with clients (an MNC) on one of the industrial estates. Got taken aside by one of the management to have a coffee at the end of the meeting.

He asked me my opinion about the situation, at which point I diplomatically stated it isn't my business since I am not Thai. He then drew me what he believed to be the structure of British politics from the top to the army. He then drew the Thai equivalent and explained that he was an ardent UDD supporter and pointed out where he believed the problems lay.

He stated that the people now know what the real problems are with the structure and that he will be off to protest tonight. The word appears to be spreading, and these are not all "lower" class people protesting. What astonished me was how brazenly he pointed out where he believed the problems lay.

Most people suspected it, but never had it confirmed for real.

Thaksin is in the position to spill the beans, and spill them he will.

This was always the problem for them, if they really pissed off Thaksin, he could spill all those beans.................

Thailand needs it really, the Bangkok elite need to be taken down for the good of the country.

What about the upcountry feudal elite who directly exploit the poor on a daily basis?

Your post shows that you're too slow to catch what's going on.

The reds go there to tell Korn stop borrowing money from other countries. They say if 1st dek chai Abhisit and 2nd dek chai Korn can pay those loans, feel free to borrow, but the red government who will be next will not clear those loans.

The reds go there to tell Korn stop borrowing money from other countries. They say if 1st dek chai Abhisit and 2nd dek chai Korn can pay those loans, feel free to borrow, but the red government who will be next will not clear those loans.

And your post shows you're you can't read.

None of any of that has to do with the mentioning of Kasit that other poster did and that the above reply was in response to.

Edited by sriracha john

Well, maybe next time they go there, they should check if he is home, first. lol

Here are 3,000 reds on 26th March

So never quite made the few extra zeroes to 300,000 as promoted, eh?

And since 5 days ago, the 3,000 continues to dwindle down to 2,000 as per the news.

Quite a bust in terms of turnout for the whole wing-ding.

It's all turned into a bit of a damp squib really for the Reds. Low turnouts and low stayability beyond the initial cash collection stage, means that Tax-sin's Revolution is turning into a non-event. Now, if he led from the front like he claimed he would, then he might be able to draw another few thousand of the faithful zombies to his cause, but that's about as likely as Swaziland winning the next World Cup. It seriously looks like he's misjudged his "19 million" supporters zeal and commitment once again. :o

the Reds have tried to take some lessons from PAD's campaign, but without the sacrifice, commitment of thousands of genuine supporters and sheer good organisational capability of the leaders, the Reds can never hope to match the successes of their nemesis. Tough I guess. :D

I wouldnt underestimate the ability of the red to put a lot of feet on the ground at their next huge rally. Up to now some of what they have done has been testing their own organization. Some has worked well and some has failed. Outside of their major provincial strongholds the local rallies were a mess and they havent been able to get hundreds of thousands in BKK yet judging form TV and pictures although 30K looks bit low for some images it doesnt look 100K either. However, these guys are learning as they go. The leftists can only get relatively small numbers but Thaksin himself boosts this and now with Thaksin calling on the 111 who all have their own supporters they are clearly trying to expand the size of the demo. Of course numbers will also be boosted with pay for play characters. However, if even half of the 111 get involved, and obviosuly it wont be all, then the next big rally could easily see 100K plus on the streets.

The government are bound to be talking to anyione they can behind the scenes and trying to do deals etc with any of the 111 they can as well as trying to endcourage obstruct up country turnout.

Quite frankly a huge demo marching on Prems house is a massive flashpoint as the authorities will try and stop it. There is a difference between seizing GH and seizing personal property especially the property of this person and what he symbolises. This is heading towards very turbulent waters.

The only things that will derail the train crash are a low turn out, which the government are hoping for but seem to expect, some change of heart or tactics or a deal to wind to things down either temporarily or permanently or some divine intervention. I would like to be proven very wrong on this but it doesnt look good to me obn the no violence front. Things are tense.