10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

Note: I'm very aware the following 'clipping' is not from a news paper, however it's a first-hand account of a Westerner who went to check out the mood at the protests. It's very interesting because it provides a first-hand experience that you normally wouldn't find in a newspaper:

http://wyaryan.blogspot.com/2009/04/bangkok-sees-red.html

Your blogger looks like someone to take seriously...

IMG_6182.jpg

Happen to have the picture of that farang yellowshirt?

As I've comented in another thread, the discussion in certain news threads are incredible low. Here represented by high-post-high-on-himself anonymous John taking sniping shots at someone that actually put his neck on the block. Thats style, everything to do with the news and on topic - hacking away on someones look. Care to share your photo so we can make anonymous remarks about your own silly face? There is a complete lack of objectivity coming from the yellowside of this "discussion", and I'm certain your hero Abhsit would be very proud of seeing the support...

Personaly I cant imagine anything coming from the protests, simply because the current government is sitting too deep at the side that hold the ropes of power. They have nothing to gain from either stepping down or dissolving the house. Not even a complete scandal toward the puppet will rock the powerbase. There will simply be a new puppet, maybe not one with such shiny exterior, but something that will make do. The next change in government is still 2 years down the road.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good strategy threatening to use 20,000 taxi's to totally block Bangkok.

Leave the tourists alone so they can fly in and out and go to Phuket etc... but block and shut down central Bangkok.

Should force the governments hand if the capital is totally paralysed.

Foreign media will have a field day showing how incompetent and hated the present government are, and how new free and fair democratic elections should be held.

What?

By shutting down "central" Bangkok how will the tourists in central Bangkok get to the airport?

I agree in how paralyzing BKK is a good way to put pressure on the government. But the backlash is millions of bangkokians will soon start to hate the red. Remember BKK is not the reds home turf. Don't piss off the bangkokians.

Yes, and according to story in BKK Post today, the yellows hired gunmen to assassinate a privy councillor - presumably so the murder could be blamed on the reds. Very underhand trick.

could you point out for us where it says that?

Edited by sriracha john

I've just been told that the Red's next 'target' for a blockade is the Prakanong/Rama4/Sukhumvit junction

A thai friend of mine has just told me its been on the TV (i live in that area, hence the warning coming to me)

Traffic on the Ramintra tollway towards Ramintra from Rama IX is standing traffic for at least 2 miles.

I pass every day, never seen it like, that about 45 minutes ago.

I dont know if the road is blocked, or if there has been a major accident, but the traffic wasnt moving :o

The reds have just shut down Hua Lamphong and taken the Democracy Monument. But then, it has also just started belting down rain. Let's see if they can hold out!

Taken from The Nation: URL: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...t-traffic-close

Red shirts occupy Democracy Monument, traffic closed

The red shirts have relocated their rally site at Royal Plaza to Democracy Monument on Rajdamnoen Avenue.

Police have closed off traffic around two thoroughfares at Democracy and Victory Monuments.

The red shirts moved out of two rally sites, the Royal Plaza and Si Sao Thewes residence of royal chief adviser General Prem Tinsulanonda.

Many protesters still remain at the main rally site in front of Government House.

The Nation

Free and fair democratic elections where the party that buys the most votes wins, just like previous TRT/PPP Victories have occured, right?

I'm not a supporter of PAD or UDD - but whilst either 'group' exists Thailand will never be a true democracy

To make you happy, I'll say only TRT/PPP/PT buy votes. Democrat Party never buys :o

If DP buys, people still vote for PT. Those who bring benefits to the reds will win.

Welcome back Koo,

would like to have your comment about the news that almost whole the Thaksin family left (flee) the country in different directions;

UDD issues 2nd announcement

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 9/04/2009 at 05:58 PM The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) has issued its second announcement on Thursday, saying the group totally rejects the government with Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva as prime minister.

On the anti-government stage, UDD leader Veera Musikhapong announced that this was the time for the red-shirts to reiterate the group's intention after the government did not fulfill its ultimatum issued on Wednesday.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...nd-announcement

Note: I'm very aware the following 'clipping' is not from a news paper, however it's a first-hand account of a Westerner who went to check out the mood at the protests. It's very interesting because it provides a first-hand experience that you normally wouldn't find in a newspaper:

IMG_6182.jpg

As I've comented in another thread, the discussion in certain news threads are incredible low. Here represented by high-post-high-on-himself anonymous John taking sniping shots at someone that actually put his neck on the block. Thats style, everything to do with the news and on topic - hacking away on someones look. Care to share your photo so we can make anonymous remarks about your own silly face? There is a complete lack of objectivity coming from the yellowside of this "discussion", and I'm certain your hero Abhsit would be very proud of seeing the support...

Personaly I cant imagine anything coming from the protests, simply because the current government is sitting too deep at the side that hold the ropes of power. They have nothing to gain from either stepping down or dissolving the house. Not even a complete scandal toward the puppet will rock the powerbase. There will simply be a new puppet, maybe not one with such shiny exterior, but something that will make do. The next change in government is still 2 years down the road.

I'm pretty sure the comment is in regards to the fact that the blogger in question is decked out in rob mob attire and thus any posting/blog by him might be (extremely) slanted towards the UDD.

Edited by eldar1

I've just been told that the Red's next 'target' for a blockade is the Prakanong/Rama4/Sukhumvit junction

A thai friend of mine has just told me its been on the TV (i live in that area, hence the warning coming to me)

i was also informed of this

Thanks Henry for the welcome back. I don't pay attention to his family news. We need a true democracy so we can choose the Prime Minister we love without Army and invisible hands making coups when they are not happy with our PM.

Your thought is the thought of the ruling class: to please the leader and people are not in the leader's eyes.

Our thought is: the leader must please us or we won't vote for him in the future.

The reds have just shut down Hua Lamphong and taken the Democracy Monument. But then, it has also just started belting down rain. Let's see if they can hold out!

Taken from The Nation: URL: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...t-traffic-close

Red shirts occupy Democracy Monument, traffic closed

The red shirts have relocated their rally site at Royal Plaza to Democracy Monument on Rajdamnoen Avenue.

Police have closed off traffic around two thoroughfares at Democracy and Victory Monuments.

The red shirts moved out of two rally sites, the Royal Plaza and Si Sao Thewes residence of royal chief adviser General Prem Tinsulanonda.

Many protesters still remain at the main rally site in front of Government House.

The Nation

They better hurry up and get their demands before the weekend. Because many people will be pissed off when they can't get home for the holidays.

Published: 9/04/2009 at 05:58 PM The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) has issued its second announcement on Thursday, saying the group totally rejects the government with Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva as prime minister.

On the anti-government stage, UDD leader Veera Musikhapong announced that this was the time for the red-shirts to reiterate the group's intention after the government did not fulfill its ultimatum issued on Wednesday.

Its the reds that have no legitimacy. Abhisit is the current PM through legal means. The coalition party gathered enough seats for a majority. What else to say?

IMG_6182.jpg

Some good points here.Johpa made an astute comment a little while ago about the cowardice that pervades us all as foreigners -myself included- in Thailand who take an interest in politics, and there are very few if any on this forum who can claim otherwise.The old guy in red is an exception.I don't want to personalise the issue but it's very obvious who has class and who has none at all.Their own words say it all.

may as well turn Issan into an independent country, Taksin can be their King, solve the problem for all parties

One of my wishes. But that's not what the reds want. They want to control the entire country.

Free and fair democratic elections where the party that buys the most votes wins, just like previous TRT/PPP Victories have occured, right?

I'm not a supporter of PAD or UDD - but whilst either 'group' exists Thailand will never be a true democracy

To make you happy, I'll say only TRT/PPP/PT buy votes. Democrat Party never buys :o

If DP buys, people still vote for PT. Those who bring benefits to the reds will win.

Welcome back! Do you bring us pictures?

Thanks Henry for the welcome back. I don't pay attention to his family news. We need a true democracy so we can choose the Prime Minister we love without Army and invisible hands making coups when they are not happy with our PM.

Your thought is the thought of the ruling class: to please the leader and people are not in the leader's eyes.

Our thought is: the leader must please us or we won't vote for him in the future.

Except when paid to :o

Thumbs up Mr. T!

You have officially managed to divide the country, piss off the Bangkokians, and possibly even cause more predjudice towards your rural, low class, uneducated, taxi driving pawns! While your family is safe, sipping wine at some 5 star resort in Dubai.

Its the reds that have no legitimacy. Abhisit is the current PM through legal means. The coalition party gathered enough seats for a majority. What else to say?

Yes and the polls demonstrate Abhisit's popularity is double that of the red opposition. That's why we also see the reds outnumbered in parliament and it's how Abhisit was elected prime minister by the same.

The Thais Ive talked to have been told and believe that Abhisit is responsible for the economic downturn, not much you can say to them really

:o maybe some people are really to silly for democracy.....:D

ps. and who else is with me when I say that those two idiots who keep posing for the media in red shirts with a machete and a massive slingshot are plants to make the DAAD look bad? There is no way that any movement who want to retain a shred of credibility would let those fools keep getting their photo's taken like that. It's gotta be deliberate...

im with you on that.

btw, check out the handle of the machete .... its YELLOW :o

Good strategy threatening to use 20,000 taxi's to totally block Bangkok.

Leave the tourists alone so they can fly in and out and go to Phuket etc... but block and shut down central Bangkok.

Should force the governments hand if the capital is totally paralysed.

Foreign media will have a field day showing how incompetent and hated the present government are, and how new free and fair democratic elections should be held.

What?

By shutting down "central" Bangkok how will the tourists in central Bangkok get to the airport?

I agree in how paralyzing BKK is a good way to put pressure on the government. But the backlash is millions of bangkokians will soon start to hate the red. Remember BKK is not the reds home turf. Don't piss off the bangkokians.

Why not, the Yellow Bangkokians pissed off most of the Thai population, so why should the Democrat loving Bangkokians not now get their fair share of hassle and being pissed off.

Its about time Bangkok stopped being "all of Thailand" in the eyes of most people. There is a whole country of people out there.

I think mr T needs to make a phone call to end this. It's getting very scary and people are going to get hurt dont you think?

He isn't going to stop this, no way. Why would he? This is playing for keeps and the stakes are very high.

The tactics of blocking the roads may get up the noses of so many that they turn on the reds. Although that said, Bangkokians are pretty used to the odd traffic jam, and who knows how many closet supporters there are in Bangkok. I don't buy this idea that only the poor north easterners are supporters. There are 15mn in Bangkok, the numbers might keep on rising as some more of the local populous join in.

How long until the army HAS to do something?

Nothing that happened since the 2006 coup has any real legitimacy, and this is the real problem.

The coup is the problem.

The manipulation of the country by the CNS and their cronies is the problem.

The country needs the old consitution back, and be returned to an election based on the old consitition, this is the only way in which legitimacy can be returned.

BUT NOTE THE MAIN AIM OF THE PAD WAS TO STOP CONSITUTIONAL CHANGE.

They are the ones who did not want the old constitution back, simply as those who instigated the coup would be tried for treason should the present consitition be thrown away and the old one re-established.

Therefore, let us return to pre 2006, and have an election under those terms, then legitamacy can be seen to be there again.