Virus Alert

Goooner

I've been contacted by a few people in my contacts saying that I'me sending them viruses too, you can see it here:

http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/47502.html

Spreads via msn messenger

I actually got a call on my way into the office saying msn virus warning, don't open anything, but as soon as I logged on a usual mate sent me a wierd file (he usually does) that was the virus - so beware accepting files over messenger.

Bugger.

I need a virus scan.

hmmm, none of those is picking up the virus.

FYI the virus is called 'Drunk_lol' in MS DOS and it's sent via messenger.

It's sending itself to my contacts and it's buggered my sound card.

I think it also stole 2,000 baht, shat in my mouth and put a strange yet beautiful girl in my bed this morning, will keep checking for other irregualrities throughout the day.

I think it also stole 2,000 baht, shat in my mouth and put a strange yet beautiful girl in my bed this morning, will keep checking for other irregualrities throughout the day.

That ai't a virus causing trouble Harry... that's a "worm" :o

cv

Looks like a bit of a "concept" virus, as in it serves no purpose other than to highlight security issues by replicating. Probably the reason M$ hasn't been arsed about it.

Wait for the day it all to goes "boom", otherwise known as "too late"...

If you're really worried about MSNM security falws, use a 3rd party client like Trillan to connect to IM networks. It's got all MSNM features and then some.

That ai't a virus causing trouble Harry... that's a "worm"

Beautiful! :o

Cheers Goooner, appreciated.

I updated and ran my Norton scan and it found nothing, I updated and ran adaware and it kept freezing on the msn messenger files.

I ran an online scan with Mcafree and it found this virus:

file name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LiveService_5.dll

Virus name: Downloader-PY

The only way I could get rid of it, Mcafee said, was to buy their new thing at $34.99 (thats 5 bucks off their normal retail price, they mentioned)

I found the file that I received via messenger in 'my received messenger files' (I like to keep labels factual) set my trash can to hold no files, right clicked the offending file and deleted it.

I've removed 'adaware SE Personal' as it was being tres gay and have got myself a brand spanking new 'proffesional adaware' version, which I intend to install right this minute.