Looking For Accomodation For Next Weekend

Tornado

I have heard Pattaya is completely booked out? I am going there next Sunday for two days and was wondering if anyone can offer advice on somewhere to stay that is nice. Up to 2000 per night is ok.

I am also looking to by a condo. Would I be able to buy a condo in Pattaya city for around 1 mil?

If anyone is interested, I will be going to the Blues Factory on Sunday night for a beer with Dave (I havent told him yet, are you there that night Dave?). Are you there Penz? LC? BritMav? (I forget who else lives there). Anyway see you if you go.

Edited by Tornado

Tornado........plenty of places under 2k baht/night have a look at this link for somewhere central and on main taxi route http://www.scandibar.com/hotel/ Welcome Plaza is another option, if you find somewhere you fancy and have trouble contacting them p.m me and i/ll nip down and check availability for you . Regards condo's you/ll be hard pushed to find anything half decent for 1m baht......your more likely looking at 1.5m minimum upwards...........Edit you might also consider the Lek Hotel on the 2nd road ,come to think of it the Lek is probably the better option..... http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

Edited by thaiflyer1

Thanks very much Thaiflyer, I cant believe the hotels are that cheap. I've only ever been to Pattaya once and that time I stayed at a mates house. I will contact a few of them and see what comes back in availability.

Royal Palace Hotel - it is this close to The Blues Factory? or Walking St?

Hi tornado,welcome to Pattaya,a tip for the condo is to pick up a free copy of Pattaya Trader,I think foodland and Friendship have them.It really covers all the agents and gives you a good idea of prices.

The other good one is Real Estate Magazine,in the middle is a map showing the locations of all the housing villages and condos,very usefully.Both these are free,don't get the one you have to buy,its crap.

As for hotels you should not have a problem,things look like they have slacked off a bit.B1000 would get more than a decent room somewhere.

Other than Dave's bar your mate might get a jam at Climax bar,I have seen farangs get up there,its right on walking street,not far from Dave's,they are great musicians.

Thanks everyone for their help! much appreciated. I will get that paper Bartender - thanks!

Tuky -Sweden must be a lot better than where you were. Next time mate.

Dave, your a poet! :o (new smilie)

LC - get down there sweet heart - the drinks are on Dave :D

Jayenram is coming?? anyway whoever turns up, great!

Shame torn, but next time.

Have a good time will ya?

Sweden is better than the last place, but this is only in prep for going back to the other place :D:o

oh well, home again in 2 months.

Why are you seeling all your cr@p?

Shame torn, but next time.

Have a good time will ya?

Sweden is better than the last place, but this is only in prep for going back to the other place  :D  :o

oh well, home again in 2 months.

Why are you seeling all your cr@p?

Always have a good time mate, it will be nice to see a few of Pattaya's "sights".

The reason Im selling my crap is to lighten my load a bit. The material crap is cluttering my life and as I want to don my yellow robe and walk the earth, the pack wont hold a 800 litre fridge or 10 seater sofa. :D BTW, I am leaving 1 house full of furniture and will come back to Phuket for holidays quite often. I am trying to find a new place to call home as Thailand is not for me. I have been here nearly 8 years and it has been ok, but I want more out of life. what?, I dont know.

Im off to find out.

Well, good luck to you mate, I really hope you keep in touch and all that.

Lets us know where you end up as I for one am always travelling and we may end up in the same place at the same time, then perhaps we will get our chance to have beer.

Cheers pal.

.Edit  you  might  also  consider  the  Lek  Hotel  on  the  2nd  road ,come  to  think  of  it  the  Lek  is  probably  the  better  option.....  http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

Lek hotel has the worlds finest value (and high quality) breakfast buffet for 99baht! By the pool. Unbelievable.

Edited by fisherd3