Multi-printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax

Orangutan

Hello,

Have done several searches on TV and have not found any persuasive advice on brands/models? I'm interested in purchasing in the next few days so any first hand advice would be greatly appreciated. My use needs are minimal, but I want something dependable.

Thanks,

-O

Hello,

Have done several searches on TV and have not found any persuasive advice on brands/models? I'm interested in purchasing in the next few days so any first hand advice would be greatly appreciated. My use needs are minimal, but I want something dependable.

Thanks,

-O

We bought a Brother MFC-250C from the local Tesco cost about £50 works really well very happy with it, hope that helps

The Canon Pixma MP 145 is priced well and has good quality scanning and printing. The Canon Pixma MP530 with five colour cartridges and a separate print head had even high quality scanning and few other options making it in my opinion one of the best all-in-ones released but Canon in their infinite wisdom dropped it from the product range last year.

I have an HP 6510 copy, scan, print, fax machine.

Bought it 4 yrs ago and still works like a champ.

Also bought one for my son in college.

Costs about 6000 baht.

Even has a multipage feeder altho I never use that feature.

For low volume home use only.

Highly recommended.

I have found the brand with initials HP on it to be the only option. Tried them all in the past and HP is the only one that actually lasts....

Concur...I have been using an All-In-One HP 2210 for the past 5 years and it has been practically flawless. I experienced some weird delays in copying documents a month ago, and was quickly and expertly assisted by HP's Thailand on-line support site. HP's on-line library of various tech tips and patches is always helpful as well.

Edited by Fore Man

I'm currently faced with the same dilemma. Although i haven't made the purchase yet, it's my feeling that probably the best bet is to buy a separate fax machine - about 3,000 baht - and then get a dedicated printer - for that i'm thinking a colour laser printer.

My reasoning is that most of the 4 in 1 printers that seem to suit my needs and budget are inkjet. Bearing in mind that for me, the printer may sit idle for weeks at a time, inkjet could end up being a false economy as one would have the hassle of changing / refilling cartridges often.

And the advantage of buying separate machines is that being dedicated, i think they might do a better job - also, if one breaks down, you still have use of the other machine.

All in ones seem attractive, but in the long run i'm not so sure...

I'm currently faced with the same dilemma. Although i haven't made the purchase yet, it's my feeling that probably the best bet is to buy a separate fax machine - about 3,000 baht - and then get a dedicated printer - for that i'm thinking a colour laser printer.

My reasoning is that most of the 4 in 1 printers that seem to suit my needs and budget are inkjet. Bearing in mind that for me, the printer may sit idle for weeks at a time, inkjet could end up being a false economy as one would have the hassle of changing / refilling cartridges often.

And the advantage of buying separate machines is that being dedicated, i think they might do a better job - also, if one breaks down, you still have use of the other machine.

All in ones seem attractive, but in the long run i'm not so sure...

A good point! I use the HP2210 All-in-One machine but primarily for a lot copying, some scanning and a bit of faxing. It is my back-up printer but I rarely use it for printing, as I have a stand-alone Canon inkjet (also 5-years old) which serves my needs well. Like my HP, I have had that Canon repaired in Chiang Mai twice by the local service shop and in both cases they did a great job.

I had a quite expensive Canon. I think I was responsible for ruining the print head by using refill ink. A new print head costs 2,500 baht. I always hated multi purpose printers but have changed my mind. My local computer shop has a variety of different brand printers. I bought an HP F4280 for about 2,500 baht. It scans, copies and prints amazingly well. It has a one year warranty and if it quits after a year, I'll happily throw it away and buy a new one. The black ink cartridge supposedly prints 200 pages and costs 550 baht. I am still using the original cartridge and it shows to be still about 3/4 full.

I had a quite expensive Canon. I think I was responsible for ruining the print head by using refill ink. A new print head costs 2,500 baht. I always hated multi purpose printers but have changed my mind. My local computer shop has a variety of different brand printers. I bought an HP F4280 for about 2,500 baht. It scans, copies and prints amazingly well. It has a one year warranty and if it quits after a year, I'll happily throw it away and buy a new one. The black ink cartridge supposedly prints 200 pages and costs 550 baht. I am still using the original cartridge and it shows to be still about 3/4 full.

I also had to replace my print head on my Canon (S600) because I used generic ink, not specific Canon-brand cartridges. The repair shop asked me right away what ink I had been using as they see this problem over and over. When this S600 dies again, I will replace it...that is a particular dilemma I am facing because I want wireless printing using a WiFi router and very few models seem to be available to accommodate this type of connection.

Edited by Fore Man