Building A Swimming Pool In Pattaya

HOE

No, mine is a Poolrite 4500 and only alarms at low salt level of 2k ppm by which time it is too late as it should be up at the 4k ppm region. (Althought the handbook says it should be 8k ppm which does seem high.

Anyway, without a meter I have no idea what the salt levels are!!!

<br />No, mine is a Poolrite 4500 and only alarms at low salt level of 2k ppm by which time it is too late as it should be up at the 4k ppm region. (Althought the handbook says it should be 8k ppm which does seem high.<br />Anyway, without a meter I have no idea what the salt levels are!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just a thought did you try an aquarium shop that deals with salt water systems, there is one on Theprasit road as far as I can remember.

• Like 1

<br />No, mine is a Poolrite 4500 and only alarms at low salt level of 2k ppm by which time it is too late as it should be up at the 4k ppm region. (Althought the handbook says it should be 8k ppm which does seem high.<br />Anyway, without a meter I have no idea what the salt levels are!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just a thought did you try an aquarium shop that deals with salt water systems, there is one on Theprasit road as far as I can remember.

Good idea. Nice one your holyness

I live in/near Pattaya,just had a salt water pool built

4x7m @ 260,000 Baht :rolleyes:

if you would like to come and have a look you are welcome.i used an excelent builder at a good price.if you do want to come and have a look please PM me and i will give you my phone number or you can give me yours and i will ring you.

This is not even debatable. DO NOT get a salt water pool. They SUCK!

You Just Do Not Know What you Are Talking About !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most people who talk about "salt water pools" don't know what they are talking about. what they mean is not a salt water pool but a chlorinated pool who's chlorine is generated by electrolysis using salt (NaCl). then there are absolute ignorants who claim "salt water pools are the non-plus-ultra, no chlorine in the water!"

:ph34r:

Definitely agree that the salt system is the way to go. The salt is converted to chlorine by the chlorinators over time, and this leads to a constant (minimal) level of chlorine; just enough to keep the pool in good condition. There is indeed no chlorine smell, eyes don't get red, etc.: even as a layman (which I am), you can actually easily feel the advantages of the salt system compared to the old style chlorine pools, and you don't need to keep or handle pure chlorine in your house, which is a poison and therefore a safety hazard.

With regard to pool companies, check out www.thepooldoctorsthailand.com which is also doing lots of projects in Pattaya, and the US owner lives in Pattaya. They seem to be pretty competent and to know what they are doing. (I am not associated with them!).

Definitely agree that the salt system is the way to go. The salt is converted to chlorine by the chlorinators over time, and this leads to a constant (minimal) level of chlorine; just enough to keep the pool in good condition. There is indeed no chlorine smell, eyes don't get red, etc.: even as a layman (which I am), you can actually easily feel the advantages of the salt system compared to the old style chlorine pools, and you don't need to keep or handle pure chlorine in your house, which is a poison and therefore a safety hazard.

With regard to pool companies, check out www.thepooldoctorsthailand.com which is also doing lots of projects in Pattaya, and the US owner lives in Pattaya. They seem to be pretty competent and to know what they are doing. (I am not associated with them!).

:lol: