Which National Park: Khao Yai Or Khao Sok ?

Raisthlin

Hello everyone :D thx for reading...

I will be in Thailand for 3 weeks in april-may and im actually wondering which national park i should visit: Khao Yai or Khao Sok. I cannot do both as i already have too much stuff planned. I was wondering if any of you did one/both and could give me your opinion on this subject.

My interests are mostly wildlife, trekking and scenery.

Thanks

Raisthlin :o

Edited by Raisthlin

Khao Sok is definitely worth visiting. Right outside the park boundary, next to the national park headquarters, there is an overabundancy of accomodation: bungalow resorts, guesthouses, treehouses. Prices are low.

There are two walking trails you can negotiate without a guide: one simply following the river upstream, and the other one going North from the headquarters. For other trails you will need a guide, all the accomodation providers will have tours on offer, I hope they won't be too pushy.

Don't miss on the boattrip at the huge lake in the middle of the rainforest, it is worth the 1500 Baht they will charge for it.

The scenery in Khao Sok is breathtaking, and a visit to Khao Sok can easily be combined with a few days at the beach in nearby Khao Lak, from where you might also visit the Similan or Surin islands for snorkeling or diving.

Khao Sok is definitely worth visiting. Right outside the park boundary, next to the national park headquarters, there is an overabundancy of accomodation: bungalow resorts, guesthouses, treehouses. Prices are low.

There are two walking trails you can negotiate without a guide: one simply following the river upstream, and the other one going North from the headquarters. For other trails you will need a guide, all the accomodation providers will have tours on offer, I hope they won't be too pushy.

Don't miss on the boattrip at the huge lake in the middle of the rainforest, it is worth the 1500 Baht they will charge for it.

The scenery in Khao Sok is breathtaking, and a visit to Khao Sok can easily be combined with a few days at the beach in nearby Khao Lak, from where you might also visit the Similan or Surin islands for snorkeling or diving.

thanks for your reply. In fact, i will be in thailand for 4 weeks not 3 but i spend a whole week diving in the andaman sea, similan and surin island on a live aboard trip with similan-diving-safari based at Khao Lak which is, like you said, quite close to Khao Sok so i think i will definetely visit Khao Sok. Thanks again for your help.

Raisthlin