Visa Run - Travel Options To Laos

Hello there ...

I just did a visa run a couple of days ago to use my second entry of a Thai visa I received in the US. I am planning to go back for another 2-entry around the end of May while they are still free. Could anyone please tell me a good service, such as an "Agency" to use, making this process less stressful.

I went from Nongkhai to immigration, stood in line for an hour before they opened early in the AM to discover I had to move to the back of another line just to get through. Had to pop out 1580 baht for a Laos visa and fee because I didnt have a picture/copy of passport. (I was told I didn't need it before). Then, on the way back, stood in the sun for 2.5 hours before making it through back into Laos. I'd really like to have it easier next time.

Thank you so much in advance for any helpful replies to this ...

J

Hello there ...

I just did a visa run a couple of days ago to use my second entry of a Thai visa I received in the US. I am planning to go back for another 2-entry around the end of May while they are still free. Could anyone please tell me a good service, such as an "Agency" to use, making this process less stressful.

I went from Nongkhai to immigration, stood in line for an hour before they opened early in the AM to discover I had to move to the back of another line just to get through. Had to pop out 1580 baht for a Laos visa and fee because I didnt have a picture/copy of passport. (I was told I didn't need it before). Then, on the way back, stood in the sun for 2.5 hours before making it through back into Laos. I'd really like to have it easier next time.

J

Your mail is somehow confusing me. You say “ You went from Nong Khai to Immigration “

Are you living in Nong Khai and went to the Nong Khai Immigration office, or the border crossing at the bridge to enter Laos.

Well, If you live in Nong Khai there would be little timesaving travel to any other crossings.

Else the crossing in Mukdahan is fairly easy, there is a Thai Consulate in Savannaket, they will issue you a tourist visa overnight.

Hello there ...

J

Your mail is somehow confusing me. You say " You went from Nong Khai to Immigration "

Are you living in Nong Khai and went to the Nong Khai Immigration office, or the border crossing at the bridge to enter Laos.

Well, If you live in Nong Khai there would be little timesaving travel to any other crossings.

Else the crossing in Mukdahan is fairly easy, there is a Thai Consulate in Savannaket, they will issue you a tourist visa overnight.

Sorry ... Went from the Nongkhai bus terminal to the immigration office