Murder Of Briton In Hua Hin

bannork

Daily News April 4

Hua Hin police said on April 2 the body of Nicholas Francis Knight, a Englishman, aged 64, had been found in a house in sub district Nongkae, Hua Hin.

The victim had been stabbed with a sharp instrument on the right side of his chest, piercing his lung, there was also a wound on his right arm. His body was sent for a postmortem at the National Police Forensic Institute.

Police found dried blood stains on the floor, the glass door of the house and the fence; in addition they found a 8 inch bloodstained knife with a broken handle.

From initial investigations it was learnt that the previous night whilst Nicholas was at home, an unknown number of assailants entered the house, only to be confronted by Nicholas. A scuffle broke out before Nicholas was savagely stabbed to death. The murderer(s) then fled.

Police suspect the motive was either a personal conflict or a burglary gone wrong; when faced by Nicholas, the thief had killed him. Police said further inquiries would be made to discover the exact cause of the murder and consequently find the murderer(s)

bannork. I am guessing you mean dailynews.co.th? If you have one, a link would be great.

I read it in the newspaper, not online, April 4 edition, but published yesterday evening on the front page and continued on page 11.

But I noticed at work today that in this morning's edition it wasn't on the front page, bumped off.

I must commend you on your promptness and response to new posts!

This is the Daily News write up that someone posted eslewhere

ฆ่าโหดทัวริสต์เมืองผู้ดีมีดกะซวกอนาถ

ย่องเข้าบ้านพักเหยื่อตื่นมาเจอมุ่งปมชิงทรัพย์

สังหารโหดหนุ่มใหญ่ นักท่องเที่ยวเมืองผู้ดี วายร้ายอาศัยช่วงอยู่บ้านพักย่านหัวหินตามลำพังคนเดียว ควงมีดแอบปีนเข้าบ้าน บุกเดี่ยวยามวิกาล จ้วงแทงเข้าใส่ไม่ยั้ง คมมีดเจาะราวนมทะลุปอดดับอนาถ ขณะที่ตร.พุ่งปมขัดแย้งส่วนตัวกับโจรแสบ บุกเข้ามาชิงทรัพย์ แต่ถูกผู้ตายขัดขวาง เลยถูกทำร้ายเสียชีวิตอย่างโหดเหี้ยม

เมื่อเวลา 12.00 น. วันที่ 2 เม.ย. พ.ต.ท.เปรมชัย ทองคำ สารวัตรเวร สภ.หัวหิน จ.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ รับแจ้งจาก รพ.หัวหินว่า มีชาวต่างชาติถูกทำร้ายบาดเจ็บสาหัสเข้ามารักษาตัวและทนพิษบาดแผลไม่ไหวเสียชีวิตในเวลาต่อมา จึงรายงานให้ พล.ต.ต.รุ่งโรจน์ แสงคร้าม ผบก.ภ.จว.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ทราบ แล้วไปตรวจสอบพร้อมด้วย พ.ต.อ.กษณะ แจ่มสว่าง ผกก.สภ.หัวหิน พ.ต.ท.สมศักดิ์ เนื่องอ้น รอง ผกก.(สส.) กำลังชุดสืบสวนและเจ้าหน้าที่วิทยาการ ภ.จว.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์

พบศพนายนิโคลัส ฟรานซิส ไนท์ อายุ 64 ปี นักท่องเที่ยวชาวอังกฤษ สภาพศพมีบาดแผลถูกแทงด้วยของมีคมเข้าที่ราวนมขวาทะลุปอดเป็นแผลฉกรรจ์ 1 แผล และที่แขนขวาอีก 1 แผล จึงนำศพส่งสถาบันนิติเวช สำนักงานตำรวจแห่งชาติ ชันสูตรอย่างละเอียดอีกครั้ง ต่อมาเจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจวิทยาการ เดินไปตรวจสอบที่เกิดเหตุ พบคราบเลือดอยู่ตามพื้น ที่กระจกประตูบ้านและบริเวณรั้วบ้าน แห้งเกรอะกรังกระจายไปทั่ว นอกจากนี้พบมีดปลายแหลมเปื้อนเลือดยาว 8 นิ้ว สภาพด้ามหักตกอยู่ 1 เล่ม คาดว่าเป็นของคนร้ายจึงเก็บไว้เป็นหลักฐาน

จากการสอบสวนเบื้องต้นทราบว่า ก่อนเกิดเหตุ ช่วงกลางดึกที่ผ่านมา ระหว่างที่ นายนิโคลัส อาศัยอยู่ภายในบ้านพักเลขที่ 83/ 18 ซอยหมู่บ้านเขาเต่า ต.หนองแก อ.หัวหิน จ.ประจวบคีรีขันธ์ ได้มีคนร้ายไม่ทราบจำนวน บุกเข้ามาในบ้านพัก แต่พอดีนายนิโคลัสตื่นมาพบเสียก่อน เลยตรงเข้าขัดขวาง จึงเกิดการต่อสู้กันชุลมุน ก่อนถูกคนร้ายใช้มีดแทงได้รับบาดเจ็บและเสียชีวิตอย่างโหดเหี้ยม ก่อนหลบหนีไป ส่วนสาเหตุคาดว่าเกิดจากขัดแย้งส่วนตัวหรือ คนร้ายแอบเข้ามาลักทรัพย์สิน แต่ถูกผู้ตายขัดขวางจึงทำร้ายจนเสียชีวิต อย่างไรก็ตาม เจ้าหน้าที่จะได้สอบสวนหาสาเหตุที่แน่ชัดอีกครั้ง เพื่อไว้ใช้เป็นแนวทางติดตามคนร้ายมาดำเนินคดีต่อไป.

Edited to remove picture of victim out of respect.

Edited by theoldgit

Daily News April 4

Hua Hin police said on April 2 the body of Nicholas Francis Knight, a Englishman, aged 64, had been found in a house in sub district Nongkae, Hua Hin.

The victim had been stabbed with a sharp instrument on the right side of his chest, piercing his lung, there was also a wound on his right arm. His body was sent for a postmortem at the National Police Forensic Institute.

Police found dried blood stains on the floor, the glass door of the house and the fence; in addition they found a 8 inch bloodstained knife with a broken handle.

From initial investigations it was learnt that the previous night whilst Nicholas was at home, an unknown number of assailants entered the house, only to be confronted by Nicholas. A scuffle broke out before Nicholas was savagely stabbed to death. The murderer(s) then fled.

Police suspect the motive was either a personal conflict or a burglary gone wrong; when faced by Nicholas, the thief had killed him. Police said further inquiries would be made to discover the exact cause of the murder and consequently find the murderer(s)

All sorted within a sentence. :o

The police will say its the worst case of suicide they have ever seen.

RIP

This happened in the house directly opposite mine and I was awoken by a noise and went over in my dressing gown about 2.00am in the morning.

The front door was wide open all the lights were on and there was blood everywhere at the porch entrance . I did not go into the house.

I gather from the Thai locals a few who were standing outside that someone had just taken him to hospital.

It was horrific.

There were no Police about and I can honestly say I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY POLICE PRESENCE although I have not been in my own house solid.

I am on holiday from UK I have had a house here for about 4 years. There have been many break-ins I lost about £10,000 worth last time.

When the police turned up they wanted 20,000 baht before they would investigate my breakin ( We made a formal complaint about this)

I am still shocked about the surreal nature of this murder...................there is no on site forensics and its like it never happened.

I love Thailand but you need to be careful........................... and the Police................................ well enough said

I knew the guy to say Hi too he was well educated and seemed to be well off financially and ??? was a ex surgeon??

A real nice guy

I could go on and on..........................

Have just been "interviewed" with my partner who is a Thai female about the murder by two Thai policemen .

Both policemen were in jeans and t shirts so I suppose if they had been about before I would not have noticed. They both looked under 30 years old.

I gather one officer is local the other is from the Hua Hin tourist police.

They confirmed there was inaccuracies in the newspaper report.

A few notes were scribbled on a plain A4 sheet of paper. They asked about staff ours and our neighbours.

Despite the fact they were here for 30 minutes that's about it.

Looks to me like simply going through the motions......................... but who am I to make that judgement?

Just a senseless crime, I just don't get why people kill over burglaries. And wouldn't it be safer to hide until they're gone? I can't judge, I guess, perhaps I would have done the same. This is what puts me off living in a house in Thailand anywhere. I'd rather live in a condo or apartment with good, active security.

Just a senseless crime, I just don't get why people kill over burglaries. And wouldn't it be safer to hide until they're gone? I can't judge, I guess, perhaps I would have done the same. This is what puts me off living in a house in Thailand anywhere. I'd rather live in a condo or apartment with good, active security.

But we really do not know if it is was a burglary that when wrong, do we?

Hello

I know this gent, Nick Knight, actually lived in Khao Tao about 12 km south of Hua Hin.

Crime is on the rise here, muggings and burglary's, keep your wits about you.

Prayer's to Nicks family.

I know him too! In fact I've known him a most of my life, and for many years he was a fellow worshipper at church and also my GP. I only heard about this today and I'm reeling from the shock :o Truly the world has lost a special man who had a lot more to offe, anr all who came into contact with him and who had barely enjoyed 2 years of his early retirement. I wrote the following on my own blog:

Dr Nick Knight was a colourful character and a wonderful, kind doctor who cared not one jot for political correctness and was just about the least computer literate person I ever met. My GP for a lot of years, he came to my rescue during those early days of my Rheumatoid Arthritis and made my world a very much happier place to live in. He was extremely intelligent, and a very caring, very wise and excellant doctor. He had the insight and the common sense often lacking in people today who follow flawed procedures even when they fly in the face of common sense, and he was a breath of fresh air in the medical world I was suddenly thrust into. Close friend of two doctors I worked for over 6 years, we also had a mutual friend in Julian, a man who came to the Tyne Tri swim sessions at Elswick and who also had a holiday cottage at Newton. His two passions seemed to have been skiing and his red sports car - he had no very close family, but found all the friendship, support and fellowship he needed at our church, Jesmond URC. He was both on the Elders' Committee at the same time I was and Church Secretary for a fairly long spell. Known to everyone, he never missed a Sunday in church, morning andevening service. A great cook, everyone looked forward to his contribution when it came to church lunches and it's fair to say I don't think anyone regarded him with anything other than warmth and respect. Ever since my first visit to Jesmond, he had been a good friend and that takes me back to a point more than 27 years ago, before Derek and I had any family. He watched my children grow up with interest, as he did every young family who attended church over the years. He clearly had a strong faith, and it saw him through some difficult years at Jesmond, where the congregation were forced to step out of their cosy cocoon and face the reality of the dwindling numbers and rising costs of nurturing a dying church which is in danger of eventually dwindling and losing so much spirituality that it could stumble to a halt xxxx years down the line.

I regret so much now having chosen the very moment the call came on Wednesday 12.59pm GMT, to go to our local chemist and collect a prescription. I missed a call from Alison, wife of our minister Nigel, telling me this shocking news. Our church were holding a memorial service that evening, but I didn't check my answerphone until after getting home from work today, just before 3pm. So by the time I spoke to Nigel, the hastily organised service had already taken place. Nigel and Alison had no other choice but to organise something at very short notice - Sheila (ex-organist) put an announcement in the local paper and Nigel and Alison rang round as many church members who had been particularly close to him as they could. The Easter weekend means there are services from Maundy Thursday this week through to Easter Sunday and traditionally it's probably second only to Christmas in terms of hard work for any minister, but additionally we say goodbye to Nigel and Alison themselves this weekend as Nigel takes on a more senior role in the URC and they depart for Scotland straight after Easter.

Some of the things I'll remember about Nick are how every time he tried to print off a prescription he somehow managed to jam the prescription paper in the printer, and after impatiently taking a few useless swipes at it, he would write out the script by hand. His writing was indecipherable even by doctors standards and it was miraculous the pharmacist was able to prevent the wrong people getting the wrong medicine. This is when he actually signed the script at all .... I frequently had to turn round and go back to the surgery to get this done after the chemist would point out "the doctor hasn't signed this." He had a great attitude to repeat prescriptions and the tendency of some practices to employ their receptionists, not to actually assist, but to put up a barrier between you and the doctor. "I never want to hear my receptionists tell a patient that their script isn't due!" he would say. "If they've asked for it then they need it, and whether or not it's "due" isn't the issue. Whatever the proper course of action is, it will never be sending those patients away after treating them like naughty, shameful hypochondriacs and drug addicts - they need some form of help." And Nick went that extra mile to help me. Not strictly within his catchment area, he faught to keep me on when the practice had to severely cut their patient list to only specifically take those people within the Heaton area.

When he decided to take early retirement and move out to his beloved Thailand we all missed him loads. To think he enjoyed barely 2 years of his much deserved and much anticipated retirement is terrible. The funeral will be in Thailand as he left specific instructions he did not want his body brought back to the UK. With his strong, unwavering faith, I can take comfort that Nick has finally gone to the Lord he believed in.

:D:D:D:D:wai::P

It was a lover's tiff.

Ahh, so you were there, were you?

I was not there, but I have 2 friend's one who live's within 100 meter's of Nick's house, the other on the same road. The whole of Khao Tao know's what happened.

Where do you live GungaDin? :o

Edited by MysteryPlane

It was a lover's tiff.

I was not there, but I have 2 friend's one who live's within 100 meter's of Nick's house, the other on the same road. The whole of Khao Tao know's what happened.

I was really moved by the posting of MoiraA many thanks for this post I am so pleased someone who knew the real Nick( I did not) has posted.

As for the lovers tiff remark I WAS there shortly afterwards and no one in the village "Knows" what happened. I repeat (See my earlier posting) its not clear. I live directly opposite Nicks house.

I question the references to knowing 2 people 100 metres away..................... I live opposite .

There are only three houses in the street or nearby..............one house is mine & one neighbour next door has been away for sometime.

But this is so petty when a good man has been killed.

Less of this please.

It was a lover's tiff.

Nowhere near you, fortunately!

Hello

I know this gent, Nick Knight, actually lived in Khao Tao about 12 km south of Hua Hin.

Crime is on the rise here, muggings and burglary's, keep your wits about you.

Prayer's to Nicks family.

I know him too! In fact I've known him a most of my life, and for many years he was a fellow worshipper at church and also my GP. I only heard about this today and I'm reeling from the shock :D Truly the world has lost a special man who had a lot more to offe, anr all who came into contact with him and who had barely enjoyed 2 years of his early retirement. I wrote the following on my own blog:

Dr Nick Knight was a colourful character and a wonderful, kind doctor who cared not one jot for political correctness <snip>

:D:D:D:wai::P :jerk:

MoiraA.

Thank you for that post. :o

gd

It was a lover's tiff.

I was really moved by the posting of MoiraA many thanks for this post I am so pleased someone who knew the real Nick( I did not) has posted.

As for the lovers tiff remark I WAS there shortly afterwards and no one in the village "Knows" what happened. I repeat (See my earlier posting) its not clear. I live directly opposite Nicks house.

I question the references to knowing 2 people 100 metres away..................... I live opposite .

There are only three houses in the street or nearby..............one house is mine & one neighbour next door has been away for sometime.

But this is so petty when a good man has been killed.

Less of this please.

Correction to above posting .....................3 houses in the street besides Nicks (Which is 4 altogether)

How sad. My heart felt condolences.

Another senseless murder of a westener. No, not senseless from the perps point of view as there was money to be made and westeners (farangs) don't count to far too many Thais.

I agree with a previous poster. If you must/want to live in Thailand, then as a westener, you must take extra precautions to protect yourself from the many envious Thais. Whilst a secure condominium is not fool proof, it does offer greater levels of security.

Once again R.I.P.

Police have phoned my female partner for a further "meeting" tomorrow.( See previous posts)

Nicks partner ( Sadly he is likely to be a suspect) has also phoned her.......................my partner wants to confirm to the Police that she has never been

aware of any conflict between them (we have lived here for nearly 5 years).

Apparently this is contradicted by a neigbour. This is all based on what I am told by my Thai partner.

Its a bit of relief to post about all this.

Police have telephoned my Partner and want a further meeting tomorrow.

She has contradicted the suggestion made apparently by another neighbour that Nick had a noisy relationship at times with his partner. (See previous postings)

Nicks partner has also phoned my partner and he seems to be aware of this meeting.

Will keep you posted.

At least the police are doing something

Police have telephoned my Partner and want a further meeting tomorrow.

She has contradicted the suggestion made apparently by another neighbour that Nick had a noisy relationship at times with his partner. (See previous postings)

Nicks partner has also phoned my partner and he seems to be aware of this meeting.

Will keep you posted.

At least the police are doing something

Sorry for this duplicated posting...........................thought the previous post had not made it.

I really wanted to demonstrate that the Police where in fact doing something...............plus what I have posted is public knowledge in the village.

However I accept there is a line to be drawn...............probably best if I end my posts with this one.