Paetongtarn Shinawatra Cries: I Want Dad To Be Home

sheff_mick

see?

in your blind rage against thaksin, you will look for any little opening to take a swipe, even if it means going completely off topic (in a futile attempt to justify your earlier post).

What on Earth are you rambling about?

You attempted to differentiate different types of suffering and I pointed out there's children that are far more worthy of sympathy and compassion from suffering far greater injustices creating tremendous emotional strain than this brood could ever imagine.

thats super, but I think you will find no shortage of suicides by wealthy people who "had it all" ...

Huge fud

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are so busy and determined to force your frame onto things, you miss the point - consistently.

==========================================

there is different types of suffering, financial/economic, emotional, physical, mental ... and so on.

the reference is obviously to mental and emotional strain, NOT financial strain.

/quote]

======================================================

Having an innocent father non-judicially murdered in a drug war because he had been placed on a government blacklist for having a lot of money, only to have it revealed that it came winning the the lottery... now that's mental and emotional strain.

/quote]

===================================================

see?

in your blind rage against thaksin, you will look for any little opening to take a swipe, even if it means going completely off topic (in a futile attempt to justify your earlier post).

/quote]

===================================================

How can you reasonably say that he has gone off topic...the topic is about how the good Dr's children are suffering from "daddy's" absense...what about the wives and children of the innocent people that their father had murdered...just so he could say that he's doing something good??

Mate, you're not on his christmas card list are you?? :o

for gods sake learn to quote, son

Soooo! You are on his christmas card list then...Oooo! Please don't get me blacklisted, I'm just a poor farang? :D

From the same article in The Nation...

" Paethongtarn also mentioned unfair treatment by professors."

I wonder if this before he was caught cheating or after? :o

edit

oops- wrong one - too many Pants Pins & Paeths

Edited by LooseCannon

Kids writing books (or having books writen) about their experience while being barely in their twenties is quite amusing ... The shinawatra kids should have the decency to keep a low profile, anything they say or do will only create more anger accross the thailand board ... but being decent is a rare commodity these days.

From the same article in The Nation...

" Paethongtarn also mentioned unfair treatment by professors."

I wonder if this before he was caught cheating or after? :o

edit

oops- wrong one - too many Pants Pins & Paeths

There are a lot more stiories than just the caught cheating ones concrening various of these kids and different universities. That said it is probably not unique to this family.

The book - nice piece of marketing and PR and interestingly timed.

Thaksin's children bare feelings in new book

The son of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra said that a new book by the former leader's three children, launched yesterday, was aimed at sharing their experiences as victims of politics.

"It's time we told all about what we have experienced," said Panthongtae Shinawatra. "We want to tell readers something they didn't know."

"We are not in politics, but we have always suffered from politics," he said.

However, he denied the book launch was timed to coincide with the ongoing anti-government rally, of which his father is a leader.

Thaksin's son was speaking during the launch of "Khon Uen Riak Nayok, Tae Rao Riak Phaw" ("Others Call Him Prime Minister, But We Call Him Dad"), at the National Book Fair at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre.

His sisters Paethongtarn ("Ink") and Pinthongta ("Aim") were also present at the event.

Paethongtarn's eyes brimmed with tears as she talked about her father.

After Thaksin's emotional phone-ins and disappearance for two days, it seemed the book launch might have been a political ploy to muster more sympathy from his supporters.

The children defended their father. They hardly spoke about the political side of the story, more about Thaksin the father, calling him their "Burger" dad.

"We didn't mean to publish this book at the time of the mass rally; we wanted to finish it for National Book Week," Panthongtae, better known as "Oak", said.

The book was compiled based on interviews by Somboon Itchayawarakul and ML Chalermkiti Chakrabhand, editors at Por Patak Publishing House. Paethongtarn arranged interviews with the editors, starting in the middle of last year.

There were emotional moments at the press launch, when Ink and Aim's became tearful talking about their father, who is now in exile.

The children affirmed their love for him, saying no matter what happened they would be his children.

"I just want to say that whatever people say, I am still your daughter, and we are here as your family," said Paethongtarn.

The book contains anecdotes of the hard times faced by Thaksin, with his children offering emotional support. They talked about the September 2006 coup d'้tat, when the three children were in different places. Paethongtarn also mentioned unfair treatment by professors.

The book reveals Thaksin's feelings in exile, when he wanted to come back to Thailand, but Pinthongta, fearing for his safety, told him not to.

The three said they had been able to get through the bad times due to the understanding and support of their family and Thaksin's supporters.

"The time is past when we felt all those emotions - anger and hurt - and now we are over it, so we can tell the public."

- The Nation / 2009-04-05

The poor children fuffered from politics, well maybe they should take this up with the person that dragged them there, their father.

While Oak was solid (rigid even), Aim was true, little Ink went to water and claimed she felt persecuted by professors. Would these be professors that felt she should do course work and study? or ones that asked her to hand in assignments on time? Or the ones that felt she should earn a degree rather than the attendance certificate?

you will look for any little opening to take a swipe, even if it means going completely off topic (in a futile attempt to justify your earlier post).
for gods sake learn to quote, son

can your petard take the strain ?

The clan must be due a "journalistic" article in the singapore papers soon - they could mingle with their peers if they use Bang PR.

Much of the negative commentary on Thaksin and his family fits quite well for a great majority of the elite in the country--who are equally as dishonest and distrustful.

It's always sad to see a family unit separated. It doesn't make much difference whether they are rich or poor, it still is stressful.

Perhaps, if his attempts to return (to power) fail, they can all settle somewhere together. They do have the resources to be together.

I just re-read this entire thread and cannot seem to find, where the sweet , adorabole children are giving ??? % to charity.

Did I miss that bit ? Has anyone eles seen it?

Wouldn't that bit help with the sympathy factor? Or are they hard pressed for the cash.

Maybe donated to the Ronald MacDonald home for one arm hamburger flippers.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

"We are not in politics, but we have always suffered from politics," he said.

All three are billionaires individually... that's a lot of "suffering"... :o

a very one dimensional comment.

you are so busy and determined to force your frame onto things, you miss the point - consistently.

there is different types of suffering, financial/economic, emotional, physical, mental ... and so on.

the reference is obviously to mental and emotional strain, NOT financial strain.

In my country we would comment "she only cried crocodile tears"

Edited by henryalleman

Shinawatra children ask for fair go from public

Their book, Others Call Him Prime Minister. We Call Him Dad was launched amid tight security to prevent possible clashes between supporters and opponents of their father who might show up at the fair.

Among those who attended the 90-minute function was movie star Lydia and her boyfriend Daranee Kritbunyalai, former Thaksin government spokesman Sita Dhiwari, Mr Thaksin's younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra, Peerapong Damapong, Sukanya Prachuabmoh and some of the Shinawatras' former schoolmates at Mater Dei School.

Panthongtae, 31, the eldest child of Thaksin and now executive of his family media-related businesses, said his family was politically attacked all the time. "We are just members of a politician's family. We are not politicians.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1456...-go-from-public

see?

An interesting point, blind rage or blind love? I think you'll find that most of the anti Thaksin posters here have given their reasons for disliking him. I certainly have in a number of posts. The blind lovers, however, seem to fall into two groups: those who admit he is corrupt and has a human rights record to rival many African dictators, but still want to see him back in charge - their love overruling their common sense; and those who can't even admit to his wrong doings - truely the blind love brigade. These people also use any "emotional" event - his sister's funeral, his daughter's tears, to slam his detractors, as if they somehow make him a better person.

Back on topic, I understand that it took a while for this project to get started, but once it was explained to the siblings just what a book was, they began to make some progress.

S.J,stated that the daughter was fully aware and actually complicit with her fathers crimes, must have missed that on the news, how come she has not been charged or has she bought immunity with all her money, which I doubt,lets keep it factual.

For a brief review of Thaksin's offspring's exploits, of both the indicted and unindicted (yet highly suspicious) variety, try:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-s-Ch...69.html&hl=

Thaksin's Children To Be Forced To Pay Income Tax At 37 Per Cent Rate on proceeds from the sale of Shin Corp

or

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/findpost-p1808026.html&hl=

or

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/findpost-p2394092.html&hl=

or

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaksin-s-Da...74.html&hl=

Thaksin's Daughter Thailand's Richest Stockholder, 19 Billion Baht

Sorry S/J still didn't see where she's been charged with anything, and as for the tax payment do you actually think she sits down with a cup of tea to do her tax returns, I don't think so, from the very start of his stint as P.M. I have been banging on about how corrupt Toxin was/is and no one including a lot of out of the closet detractors now following the baying mob of expats wanting to add their penny's worth.

Yes he has ripped off the country, it's really no different from all the other bloody politicians who have positions of power, it's that he was so much better at it than the rest and yes so has every bugger who has been in the P.Ms post since I've lived here. ask yourself, WHY he was only sentenced to 2yrs and not charged with conspiracy to commit murder or maybe he has and I missed that too. And of course we come to the present mob, one new P.M. and the country still being run by a so called deputy, ever thought that Mark may have been given that position to be used as cannon fodder if and when the shit hits the fan. Oh and by the way my kids have a considerable amount of money in the bank and know it, but they don't really understand what Ive had to do to ensure that, don't we all try to make provision for our families?, crooked or otherwise.

In fact, the entire square-head brood looked extremely broken up by their abandonment during the book launch....

12388348151238837650l.jpg

Among those who attended the 90-minute function was movie star Lydia,

Thaksin's younger sister Yingluck Shinawatra,

Peerapong Damapong,

Have I missed something with Lydia? :D When did she make a movie? (let alone become a "movie star"?) :D

We need that publicist of hers that posted in an earlier thread about her to return and give us an update.

Shame she didn't make the group photo. :D

Good to see that the Peua Thai Party Leader and potentially next PM (3rd from the left in the group shot) could make the time available to come and support her nieces' and nephew's endeavor.

It's also good that Thaksin is apparently still on good terms with a Damapong.

Peerapong, who unsurprisingly is a Police Major-General :o

is Thaksin's divorced pants-wearing Potjaman's older brother (2nd from the left).

Edited by sriracha john

Back on topic, I understand that it took a while for this project to get started, but once it was explained to the siblings just what a book was, they began to make some progress.

I'm sure it came as a huge relief to them that they wouldn't actually have to write a book, either.... but just merely be interviewed verbally by the 2 authors.

Edited by sriracha john

I'm sure it came as a huge relief to them that they wouldn't actually have to write a book, either.... but just merely be interviewed verbally by the 2 authors.

S/J is'nt that called ghost writing.?.

Thaksin's daughter cries: I want dad to be home

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying she wants her dad to return to Thailand and stay home with her.

Paetongtarn, Pintongta and Pantongtae Shinawatra, the three children of Thaksin, took part in a public event at the book fair at the Queen Sirikit's Convention Centre to launch their book, titled "Others call him PM, but we call him dad".

When asked to say her feeling towards Thaksin, Paetongtarn said with tears in her eyes that she would like Thaksin to return to Thailand to be home with three siblings.

"I would like to hug him and tell him that there is no place like home in Thailand," Paetongtarn said.

Pintongta said if she could wind back time, she wish her dad would not have entered politics.

The Nation

The only place he should go if he returns to Thailand is the B.Hilton to serve out his sentence and go before the courts to answer the other 12 or so alleged charges awaiting his homecoming.

Talk about sickening extracting of the urine / justice system, but then again their kind do not think the law applies to them and they are above it.

Thank you

I have been told by a close friend that it is the plan of Thaksin and his cronies to attack the main offices of two Thai banks linked to the Present Government, being Bangkok Bank and Thai Farmers Bank. On 8th of April. Do these banks have security to stop attacks to the banking systems, and would this shut down Thailand tighter than an attack on the airports...But it might just be another rumour although my friend has always been right before about Thaksins plans. Hmmmmmmm.... if only a crystal Ball..!

This indeed would be the start of a revolution....

Thaksin has stated along with his supporters that he would bring down this current government by song kran,everyone has been, I'm sure, that he meant by force/public unrest, maybe he has after all another agenda to achieve this end, although I am a bit surprised all the ex pat experts here on the post haven't thought about that possibility.

Anyone remember the antics of one,George Soros and the stock markets in London and then the results of him moving into the Malaysian money markets in the 90s.

don't we all try to make provision for our families?, crooked or otherwise.

Erm... no.

Rixalex, I think you misunderstood my meaning, which was law abiding people make provisions for the family and I suspect the crooks do the same.

Erm... no.

Rixalex, I think you misunderstood my meaning, which was law abiding people make provisions for the family and I suspect the crooks do the same.

I did. OK, i understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another point you made in your post was that Thaksin has only been charged with a two-year sentence. You seemed to be implying that that indicated he hadn't done that much wrong. The case in which he was charged is the only one he wasn't able to stall. There are many others as i'm sure you know, which are awaiting his return. The two year sentence is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Erm... no.

I did. OK, i understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another point you made in your post was that Thaksin has only been charged with a two-year sentence. You seemed to be implying that that indicated he hadn't done that much wrong. The case in which he was charged is the only one he wasn't able to stall. There are many others as i'm sure you know, which are awaiting his return. The two year sentence is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Rixalex, what I said was he's only been found guilty {so far} of a crime that he was given a two year sentence for that of course is not to say that if he returns to the kingdom he wont be charged with more crimes, it just seems strange to me that at this time with all the publicity about Thaksin bringing down the government they the incumbents find all these other as yet unproven claims, of course one cynical way of viewing it would be to let these accusations surface now and further weaken Thaksins support, after all the government is still littered with sleeper Thaksin supporters.

I've lived here long enough to remember Thaksins purge on suspected drug dealers and there are enough posters here who bang on about it, to me that is a very very serious charge, the type of thing that goes on in south america, I am not advocating that solution to the problem of drugs, even though the selling of such now seems pretty open in Pattaya amongst other places, I am very concerned that this aspect of his rule as P.M. seems to be of little concern to this government, could it be that they in turn covertly support this type of action, if not lets here them explain what their intentions regarding the drugs issue actually is.

I am very concerned that this aspect of his rule as P.M. seems to be of little concern to this government, could it be that they in turn covertly support this type of action, if not lets here them explain what their intentions regarding the drugs issue actually is.

I completely agree - this area must be looked into and if it isn't then the government will have failed the people.

What i don't accept though is Thaksin supporters condeming the current government for not doing anything about it, but at the same time refusing to condemn Thaksin for personally putting the act in motion that lead to all the deaths.

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying

Pingpongtarn (on the left) looks absolutely devastated during an event to launch her book....

bk1800.jpg

Look Daddy bought us a writer, and he talked to us.

And they took cute pictures too. I feel sooo cool!

I am very concerned that this aspect of his rule as P.M. seems to be of little concern to this government, could it be that they in turn covertly support this type of action, if not lets here them explain what their intentions regarding the drugs issue actually is.

I completely agree - this area must be looked into and if it isn't then the government will have failed the people.

What i don't accept though is Thaksin supporters condeming the current government for not doing anything about it, but at the same time refusing to condemn Thaksin for personally putting the act in motion that lead to all the deaths.

I agree but perhaps people in certain areas of the world think differently than westerners, after all this country certainly is pretty low down the pecking order for most if not all human rights issues along with certain other asian countries, perhaps the view of "The end justifies the means in their eyes actually holds sway"

I've lived here long enough to remember Thaksins purge on suspected drug dealers and there are enough posters here who bang on about it, to me that is a very very serious charge, the type of thing that goes on in south america, I am not advocating that solution to the problem of drugs, even though the selling of such now seems pretty open in Pattaya amongst other places, I am very concerned that this aspect of his rule as P.M. seems to be of little concern to this government, could it be that they in turn covertly support this type of action, if not lets here them explain what their intentions regarding the drugs issue actually is.

Unfortunately it looks like nobody for politc reasons wants to gothere. This certainly is the worst excess of Thaksin. The South America is particulalry apt when the numbrs that HRW and Amnesty claim were killed in the extra-judicial policy almost match the numbers of actual dead in the Rettig report into the Pinochet regime in Chile.

Anyone who considers themself a democracy activist would not ally with such a person unless it were for nefarious reasons. The silence over this by those on all sides is deafening. It seems when poor nobodies are denied a right to trial and innocence until proven guilty few to nobody caresand yet when a powerful person faces far lesser sleights allkinds of action can be taken to disappear it.

Editedto add: I wonder what his kids have to say about that in their book. It would be interesting for his kids to meet with say the kids of some of the so called drug war dead although in a land where the privileged and elite are all powerful that is unlikely to happen.

Edited by hammered

Hammered, you are of course absolutely right and the reason it rankles so much is that it doesn't happen very often in the west but we are here living by choice and unfortunately this kind of behaviour is all too common place, we live here, no one says it's perfect but all over the world money frequently equates to power to circumvent justice, what are the posters going to do about it, or more what can they do or is it a case of <deleted>> you jack I'm alright.

Paetongtarn Shinawatra, a daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, wept during an event to launch her book, saying

Pingpongtarn (on the left) looks absolutely devastated during an event to launch her book....

bk1800.jpg

And they took cute pictures too.

:o

21656.jpg

Bangkok Post