Where To Live

I have been to thailand each of the last 4 winters. Each year I have visited and revisited different parts of the country.

What I would like to know is how did you decide where to live in thailand. Near the mountains, ocean, city. What drew you to that area.

I have been to thailand each of the last 4 winters. Each year I have visited and revisited different parts of the country.

What I would like to know is how did you decide where to live in thailand. Near the mountains, ocean, city. What drew you to that area.

I like to live with no neighbours but close enough to a large supermarket , chose Sam Roi Yod area past Hua Hin. Mountains and sea here and just a 2-3 hour drive down to Chumphon area and reasonable snorkelling, also close enough to Bangkok.

I think you will find in most cases where a guy gets married to a local they move to her home village/town provided he is not working then his employer set the location.

I for one live in Bangkok and would not live anywhere else except perhaps Pattaya. I tried living in Korat but I was bored after 5 or 6 months so I moved to Bangkok. I enjoy Bangkok because it provides a lifestyle that is much the same I had back in my part of the world.