Red Shirts And Police

prospero

Anyone know whats happened today? Bus loads of reds came from Bangkok last night.. Wondering how the meeting went today?

The red shirts have turned Pratumnak Road south of the intersection to the Conference Centre into a parking lot. They're not going anywhere.

I haven't seen the hill end of Pratumnak Road yet.

I'd have thought most of them would be in the beer bars and agogos catching up with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters and sons. :o

Anyone know whats happened today? Bus loads of reds came from Bangkok last night.. Wondering how the meeting went today?

The red shirts have turned Pratumnak Road south of the intersection to the Conference Centre into a parking lot. They're not going anywhere.

I'd have thought most of them would be in the beer bars and agogos catching up with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters and sons. :D

Evil ... but probably true :o

Plenty of news with video coverage on the BBC web site.

John

"Thank you" should be the words on the lips of all farangs today.

Will the last farang to leave please turn off the big screen at the begining of Walking Street !

Does any body realise how much this will affect their investment here in Pattaya?

How is Thailand and Pattaya suposed to get new investment in the area let alone keep the people who actually have invested most of their hard earned life savings in the country?

Polititions everywhere should take a look at what is happening here to learn just how it is possible to do just about everything WRONG!!

I'd have thought most of them would be in the beer bars and agogos catching up with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters and sons. :o

No point in visiting their loved ones as all the roads are shut the Americans can't get in to spend thier R&R dollars thus no money to collect !!

Oops.... there goes your 'nice neighborhood' tropo.

Nothing exciting ever happens in Naklua.

Just got back from a look around Pratumak area, about 1000 army amasing just around the corner.

At junction at the top of the hill you have reds on one side and the pro government on the other, riot police and bystanders in the middle.

As the reds started to move of in the Jomtien direction, missiles started raining down from the pro government suppertoers, bricks rocks lumps of wood ect, then as if by magic the reds all where weilding big sticks.

I took this as my cue to get the f out of there. :o

post-60867-1239367700_thumb.jpg post-60867-1239367620_thumb.jpg post-60867-1239367818_thumb.jpg

post-60867-1239367905_thumb.jpg post-60867-1239367979_thumb.jpg post-60867-1239368046_thumb.jpg

That was brave if not a bit risky there Kevkev,

Out of interest, i heard that the pro government group that started the missile throwing were actually wearing Blue and not Yellow,

did you see this at all or were they the yellows?

Just wondering if we now have a 3rd party to join in all the fun? :o

Edited by sotsira

That was brave if not a bit risky there Kevkev,

Out of interest, i heard that the pro government group that started the missile throwing were actually wearing Blue and not Yellow,

did you see this at all or were they the yellows?

Just wondering if we now have a 3rd party to join in all the fun? :o

Didn't see any Yellow, there where a load of Blue shirts about where the Army was (gf says they are Pattaya Maffia supplied police helpers?) didn't see any at the actual protest though.

Don't know if the misslie throwers where pro Government or just anti red, no special colors though.

It was these guys!

post-60867-1239381325_thumb.jpg

People who sell their vote should loose their right to vote.. If they put so little value on it they obviously don't understand how important it is.. They are as selfish as Thaksin and have no thought to the greater good of the country..

... and YOU are an expert on the "greater good for the country" ? What a :o

This country develops slowly, as does democracy. People have to have the vote first before they can decide whether they are using it wisely. You think American black voters used to cast their vote for a white candidate ???

I know at least 2 people who took money and voted for " Taksin" and then took the money, and a yellow shirt, and went to Suvarnabhumi last November !

I did not want to offend anybody married to an Isaan Girl (!), but the blindness a a few farang towards Mr. Thaksin is amazing. Does snybody really believes that the Thaksin Clan cares of poor people? He pampers them as they are the cheapest votes to buy. That it is all about and big money went into his pockets.

What the man said.. Imposible to have a truly democratic election when so many of the population are happy to sell their vote for a 500 baht handout and some sweet talk... Until the poor/uneducated get some self respect and elect somebody who truly represents them nothing will change. Voting in a 'champion' who's only interest is 'self interest' will only make their situation worse and rape the country of it's wealth. Abhisit may not be perfect but he has to be preferable to Thaksin.

People who sell their vote should loose their right to vote.. If they put so little value on it they obviously don't understand how important it is.. They are as selfish as Thaksin and have no thought to the greater good of the country..

Obama paid us $500.00 United States Dollars for ours! Thank you Obama.

Don't forget mothers too.

Police and Red Shirts are having a set-to at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Pattaya 3. Anyone know how it started? Can we expect more of this with the ASEAN conference coming to town?

my lovely thai wife is very worried, shes just asked me 2 go 2 foodland quick, as shes worried we wont b able 2 get any food for the next few days :o

Police and Red Shirts are having a set-to at the intersection of Pattaya Tai and Pattaya 3. Anyone know how it started? Can we expect more of this with the ASEAN conference coming to town?

my lovely thai wife is very worried, shes just asked me 2 go 2 foodland quick, as shes worried we wont b able 2 get any food for the next few days :D

End of the world as we know it, best stock up on tinned provisions (and beer) before the Zombies come :o