Khaosan Road Bar Area Transport

goofie

Hmm two possibilities i would say. Neither of them very good.

1) Sky-train it down to Sapharn Taksin and then take river boat up to Phra Attite pier which is only a few minutes walk to Kaosan. Although this could possibly take just as long (but you do get a nice trip on the river -make sure you take the river taxi boat and not the tourist boat. Should cost about 25-30 baht if i remember).

2) Or take the lovely saen-saeb canal boat which you can get near MBK and get off at the end and have a 5 min walk to kaosan. (thats if you can handle the smell and make sure you keep your mouth closed - although is very quick and is very cheap)

Suppose it depends on what time of day you are going and if these services are running at that time.

Whichever you take is more fun than sitting stuck in a taxi.

I always taxi via the tollway and get off at Urupong or Yommorat, depending on which way I am coming from.

Coming home late, I might travel on the streets(rather than the tollway), less traffic.

You could get a skytrain to Saphan Taksin Station and then board a river boat up to Tha Phra Athit Pier, then a 5 min walk to Khao San via Thanon Rambutri.