Traffic And Demo Updates Only Please

sbk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, 10 April 2009 10am - 1130am

Traffic is very light on inbound, especially from Suvarnabhumi Airport via Rama IX. Victory Monument Exit has been closed, according to my wife driving out to Cheangwattana.

Worst Area's at the moment (I passed by) Kluay Nam Thai on Rama IV plus Prakhanong Intersection. I diverted back to the Expressway and got out at Sukhumvit Soi 62. Traffic there was very light towards On Nut. Made a quick stop at Bangkok Bank Bang Jak. Business as usual.

I have to head out again earlier in the afternoon and will try to update you folks once more.

How is the Pin Klao bridge and Ratchadamoen Ave.?

I'm trying to get to the Bobei and Chinatown. Should I avoid and divert to WonwienYai?

I can't see Pin Klao, but traffic on both Pokklao/Saphan Put and Saphan Thaksin is extremely light. You won't have any problems getting into Chinatown from this direction.

Sukhumvit semed fine on the way to On Nut, I got on the BTS there but it seemed busier than usual. I need to go Central Chitlom and Victory Monument later, should I forget about it?

Sukhumvit semed fine on the way to On Nut, I got on the BTS there but it seemed busier than usual. I need to go Central Chitlom and Victory Monument later, should I forget about it?

Take the BTS and you will get there easily. As it relates to driving, I was near Central Chidlom about 1 1/2 hours ago and no problem. I don't know about Victory Monument.

My wife and baby need to take the Buriram-Bangkok bus today.Can anyone familar with the Bangkok road system tell me whether she is likely to experience any problems on that route..can the buses take a detour to avoid any blackspots if necessary?

Many thanks.

Edited by brizzle

Today I planned to do my 90 day reporting, the last possible day in the two-week window for me, dammit. I presume immigration offices are closed. Can anyone confirm?

Where are you? Looks like Suan Phlu is open today until 16:30. See here.

My wife and baby need to take the Buriram-Bangkok bus today.Can anyone familar with the Bangkok road system tell me whether she is likely to experience any problems on that route..can the buses take a detour to avoid any blackspots if necessary?

Many thanks.

I drove from Korat to Bangkok this morning arriving in OnNut at 930am. Road was flowing good in both directions but one never knows about later in day.

Edited by ballbreaker

Many thanks.

I drove from Korat to Bangkok this morning arriving in OnNut at 930am. Road was flowing good in both directions but one never knows about later in day.

Thanks for the prompt reply ballbreaker. Fingers crossed she won't get any problems,then all we need is the airport road to be free tomorrow and we can finally get home to Samui.I really must do somethng about the timing of my Bangkok visits,last time we were here we got stuck with the PAD blockade of the airport!

Today I planned to do my 90 day reporting, the last possible day in the two-week window for me, dammit. I presume immigration offices are closed. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you very much for the tip.

However, I'm supposed to use the One-Stop Service Centre and, having found the number and called various extensions repeatedly, no-one answers. So that's out, and the relevant Suan Plu desk is closed and it normally refuses to deal with me anyway.

Moral: never leave it till the last moment.

Now I shall just take my cahnces at the airport next time -- normally they do nothing about non-reporting anyway!

I have just done my 90 reporting at Suan Plu! Immigration is open and doing business as usual and it took me 10 mins to do the whole reporting thing.

BB

Thank you very much for the tip.

However, I'm supposed to use the One-Stop Service Centre and, having found the number and called various extensions repeatedly, no-one answers. So that's out, and the relevant Suan Plu desk is closed and it normally refuses to deal with me anyway.

Moral: never leave it till the last moment.

Now I shall just take my cahnces at the airport next time -- normally they do nothing about non-reporting anyway!

hi sorry to impose on your thread but it wont let me put a new one on. im looking for help i live in ayutthaya. and ive got a meeting at the embassy at 3.30. does anybody know if they are open today or not. any help would be very nice!!!!

The British Embassy will be closed to the public during Easter holidays and Songkran festival from 10 - 15 April.

colino

Ps Victory monument to be opened af 5pm (latest report)

Edited by colino

Yup, Victory Monument is supposed to open again at 5PM ( http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/default.aspx )

If you want more up to date traffic in downtown (and even a couple traffic cameras!) check out http://traffic.thai.net/ make sure to check the little box in the bottom right-hand corner if you want it in English. It's a jointly run project (NECTEC and ITS) that gets traffic info from many official sources, I use it if I need to go downtown.

***EDIT***

Laurent's link is good too, I think it's from the same company. I just wish there were more traffic cameras downtown! Especially at Victory Monument (it would be interesting to watch things unfold from home)

Edited by Meridian007

The Reds have blocked Sukhumvit in both directions at Sukhumvit Soi 67.

Is this still the case at 130PM ?

I need to get to OnNut BTS from BangNa.

It's probably too late but I've just come from On Nut to Bangna and it was fine and the BTS wasn't too busy either. There's still some Red Shirts at Victory Monument but nothing like the photos I saw from yesterday.