Quick Question Re Visitor Visa

Thai friend wants to visit UK for two weeks in June, she is half way through her Masters Degree at Ramkhumheng University so is a Student, this would be a non-academic trip though and basically a holiday.

On the online Visa application form the Type of Application dropdown has two potential choices:

(General) single, double, or multiple, valid up to 6 months.

or

(General) student visitor for up to 6 months.

An idea which she would choose?

I'm not an expert with visas, infact I just finished the 2nd application ever - however I would say the normal visit visa (i'm pretty certain actually, however wait until one of the more experienced members tell you)

Edited by Enjibenji

Godwin DO not get involved in the visa as a sponsor etc. That only makes things harder. She is a tourist, many Thais travel to the Uk for sightseeing, London eye etc.

Ensure that she gets a letter from the Uni stating she has enrolled for the new term. Make sure she has sufficient funds in her bank account for the trip eg at least 50.000 baht per week. also if she owns property, house ,car etc that will be good,shows a reason to return ( THE MAIN OBJECTION FOR THE UK EMBASSY). do an itinerary to show where she wants to go, how she will travel and where she will stay, get info about hotels etc from Google (she needs to do this her self, just guide her, she needs to be able to answer any questions asked) its easier if she does the online form on the VFS website http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/ she can then book an appointment to go in with her paperwork.

And finally Good luck to her.

Allan