Non-immigrant "o" Visa From Houston

I am looking to get a Multi Entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visa. It is reported on here that the Houston Consulate is the best place in the U.S. to apply.

I was also told to put "Visiting friends" as the reason/purpose for the Visa.

I do appreciate everyone who has suggested this.

But has anyone had first hand experience applying to Houston and using "Visiting Friends"?

I am looking to get a Multi Entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visa. It is reported on here that the Houston Consulate is the best place in the U.S. to apply.

I was also told to put "Visiting friends" as the reason/purpose for the Visa.

I do appreciate everyone who has suggested this.

But has anyone had first hand experience applying to Houston and using "Visiting Friends"?

I spoke to them on the phone and they seemed knowledgabe and said that it was quick. Depending on your location you might consider New Orleans. I just got a Non Imm 0 multiple entry based on marriage to a Thai national on Tuesday. I had an appointment at 9:00 am. The consulate was prompt and I was done in about 35 minutes. The locaction is different than is listed on the state department website. It is at 320 Julia St. telephone number is 1 (504)522-2021. This is near the French Quarter, The Riverwalk and the Convention center. Very nice lady!!

There's been several reports over the past 18 months of honorary consulates in the USA, including Houston, that will no longer issue non-O visas for the purpose you state in the OP.

Marriage and retired non-immigrant visas are still obtainable from them, but no longer will they issue them for "visiting friends." Applying for same at the 3 main outlets (Embassy et al) is a non-starter and has been that way for for years and years.