Internet banking

dreetje

When i go to thailand,i wanted to put the money i take with me,on a bank.I wanted to try,to open an acount.Is there a bank that have internet banking,so that i open my acount there,but i can send the money from my home country(holland) to this acount,so i can see if the money will get on the bank.So that i still have control over my money,when i stay in holland.

You can also try KASIKORN BANK (Formerly Thai Farmers Bank).  You can apply at any branch or get an application online at Kasikorn Bank Home Page English

You can send them an email at this link Kasikorn Bank Ask a Question

They usually reply within a day or so

Other contact information:

KASIKORNBANK Address  1 Soi Kasikornthai, Ratburana Road, Bangkok 10140, Thailand.  

Tel No.  66(2) 470 1122, 66(2) 470-1199  

Fax  66(2) 470 1144-5  

Telex  81159 KBANK TH, 82542 KBANK TH, 84798 KBANK TH  

SWIFT  TFBSTHBK  

E-mail  [email protected]  

Web site  www.kasikornbank.co

I always thought that internet banking was only good for the country in which the bank account is active.

I doubt that funds can be transferred from a bank account in your home country to your Thailand bank account via the internet.

I think you need to send money by means of a telegraphic transfer. Bank fees for that service aren't cheap either.

I'm not 100% sure so please make some further enquiries.

:o

I may have mis-read your question in my previous reply.

If you open an account in Thailand in a bank that provides internet banking, then you can access your account balance etc. from your internet connection in Holland.

If you then send money from Holland to your Thai bank with a telegraphic transfer, you can then check the balance of your Thai bank account to ensure the funds arrived via the internet in Holland.

I hope that comes close to answering your question.

With fluctuating exchange rates it's a good idea to have a bank account in Thailand to take advantage of strengths in your currency. There is nothing worse than sitting in your home country watching the Thai baht decrease in value against your currency and you can't lock in those rates.

Lately however, the Thai baht is up in value against most of the currencies.

:o

Yes you know what i mean,i am in holland,i send some money too my acount in Thailand(when the bath is low)But when i am in holland,and i go one year later to Thailand,and i chek my balance then,maybe the money not come.When i have an internet banking acount from a bank in Thailand,i can login from anywhere,if there is an internet connction,and chek it every day.

I'm in Thailand.  I have a number of bank accounts in the USA and in Thailand.  I can access them all from the Internet.  But for international transfers, I have to call the bank in the USA in order to arrange the wire transfer.  Although I've only done this once, the money was transferred in about 5 days.  Some banks may be faster. So if dreetje opens an account in Thailand, he will be able to access it from Holland but he will need to be here to open the account.

In januari i go,and then i wil open an account,and ask for internet banking.Is it better to do this in bangkok,or i do it in surin,the place i go?(i am asking this,becouse i read in postings before,that they not making any problem in bangkok,when you open an account there,when you are on a holiday visa.But maybe someone have done this in surin and find also no problems,)

I can't tell you which is better, because I have never tried to deal with any upcountry banks, but I think that unless there are a number of Farangs in the area, the rural banks might get confused.  Probably better to do it in Bangkok, but again you will probably be better off if you go to a branch of a bank that a lot of foreigners use, as they are likely to be more familiar with the procedures.  You will need to make a copy of your passport.  I find the people at the Patpong Branch of Thai Farmers Bank on Surawongse Road to be very helpful.

I went to Thai Farmers Bank (Kasikirn Bank) yesterday and was told that casual visitors cannot open bank accounts here. So it looks like you need to try another bank, or to use wire transfers with Western Union or American Express.  

However, I am on a retirement visa, I have no work permit, and in the past 5 months have opened two savings accounts with kasikorn Bank.  All I was asked for was a copy of my passport.  So it appears that 12call's information is accurate only for people whose faces the banks do not know.

Well thanks everybody,i just gonna give it a try in januari.I am in a bit of a worry now.Two years ago i have made a house just outside Surin city,it is almost finisht.When i go there in januari,i wanted to make a fence and a terrace.It will cost me i think 500000 bath.I made this house for to stay,when i am on holiday.(before i go too ban khayjai a small village,just outside Surin city,and stay in the house of my wife s family,but jou guys will know"thats not a pleasant holiday,sleep on the floor,cold water with a bucket in the morning,and the insect bites everywhere")But most importand thing that i made this house is that i later in about 10 years or sommething(i hope much sooner)i wanted to go live there with my wife.But now i  am thinking,ïs it the right thing too do,too spend my money 10000 km away in something thats when it going this way like it is going now,i later never can stay ,with those visa rules.?!??! :o

Hi Guys,

Seems like lots of readers of this web forum have similar skills & understanding as many Thai's !

I am not trying to be unkind but reading the responses ie Mighty Mouse" , makes me concerned that many people really have none or very little idea ?

Pls be aware that many Banks in Thailand incl. BOA & BBL do have Internet Banking !

Lastly the statement about sending Funds to Thai Banks & not being able to track them is ludicrous , as was the statement regarding sending funds from other Countries to Thailand !

Some not all Banks in Oz , UK etc provide this function once you have registered for this function (ANZ Bank in Oz case in point)

Also one can send funds O/S from Thai Banks , but first you have to download the forms & apply through the Central Bank.

Hope that somebody makes use of this info , it certainly beats the #### out of standing in a queue at a Bank !!! :o

The original question (not a statement) was whether dreetje would be able to get a bank account in Thailand so he could send funds from Holland to Thailand.  Per Thai Farmers Bank, without a work permit in Thailand, he cannot get an account, period.  Whether this is a Thai Farmers (Kasikorn) Bank policy or a national banking policy, I do not know. It might be a misinterpretation of a policy as well, something not unknown in Thailand.   This is why I advised him to check with other banks and branches.  If he cannot get an account here, then he will not be able to do Internet banking with a Thai bank and he will have to either bring in money when he comes here, make arrangements for transfers after he is here, or make arrangements to send money in advance of his visit, say, to Western Union or American Express.  That's the short and long of it. .

The original question (not a statement) was whether dreetje would be able to get a bank account in Thailand so he could send funds from Holland to Thailand.  Per Thai Farmers Bank, without a work permit in Thailand, he cannot get an account, period.  Whether this is a Thai Farmers (Kasikorn) Bank policy or a national banking policy, I do not know. It might be a misinterpretation of a policy as well, something not unknown in Thailand.  . .

Caught in the act , makes an interesting point about Banks !

Perhaps this topic should be in another Forum ?

However to get things really going I have had bank A/c's in Thailand since 1998 , (that was BBL) No I did not have a Work Permit at that time as I was only a visitor !

Since that original A/c I have added some more firstly SCB , which was a total disaster , anyone who want's to lose a considerable amount of money go to this Bank , they will assist you in this endeavour , then after you write a letter they will just ignore that incident hoping you will go away !

Short answer I did & recommend that any Bank who willingly engages in dishonest behaviour should be penalised by somebody ?

However the really interesting point is , that recently we sent a Company Cheque to a Thai employee , this was drawn on one Bank but presented to another , result they would not accept the chq , even though this person had an A/c with both banks !

Interpretation , somebody did not understand banking policy , think about this , things (commerce) would grind to a halt here if chqs could only be paid into A/c's of the same Bank ?

This is actually why there is a clearance time for chq's & vouchers are exchanged between all the clearing Banks !

Hang in there perhaps things may get better !!

guys,

most of it is wrong you are telling here.

I opened two Bank account in thailand from day one i got here. One with bangkok bank the other with kasikorn or farmers bank. they only needed my passport. I'm here on a non o immigrant but they not even checked that. I went to another bank first wich nedded a form from immigration of house registration ???,

i just went to bangkok bank next.

The difference is they cannot give you a current account in thailand according to the law.

they circumvent this by giving you a savings account. You just as well get an atm card , also a VISA

guys,

most of it is wrong you are telling here.

I opened two Bank account in thailand from day one i got here. One with bangkok bank the other with kasikorn or farmers bank. they only needed my passport. I'm here on a non o immigrant but they not even checked that. I went to another bank first wich nedded a form from immigration of house registration ???,

i just went to bangkok bank next.

The difference is they cannot give you a current account in thailand according to the law.

they circumvent this by giving you a savings account. You just as well get an atm card , also a VISA Debit card.

For a Real Visa Credit Card you need a work permit and that's the only thing a bank won't do for you.

I also transferd money through wire from belgium to my accounts without problem took 4 days lost 3000 bath in the process.

dreetje kom rustig naar hier en open een account waar je wil , als de branch moeilijk doet looop je gewoon bij een andere binnen.

bart

After saying "most of it is wrong you are telling here. ", you should specify what is wrong.  You did not mention when you got here.  Laws change, you know.  I never needed a work permit wither, but one branch of Kasikorn Bank told me just the other day that to open a savings account, a foreigner must have a work permit based on a recent change in the law.  

Having said that, I have also posted that the "law" may not be clear even to the banking prople, and might be subject to interpretation in different ways at different branches even of the same bank.  So the only way to check this out and know for certain whether the beanch you want to use will allow you to have a bank account of any type is to go ask, rather than rely on speculation in forums like this.

OK everybody,some say i can,some say i can not.In januari i go and give it a try.But when i not can open an account,and i wanted to stay for one year with the visa for one year,how can i show my 800.000 bath on my account when i not have one becouse i can not open one.?

Zendesigner ik kom naar thailand in januari,en ga het gewoon proberen.Ik heb het weleens gevraagd,de laatste keer dat ik daar was.Dat was in Surin stad,bankok bank,bij het wisselen van cheqeus.Toen kreeg ik een afwijzend antwoord.Ik heb toen niet verder gevraagd,en nu zie je nu moet ik het hier vragen.

Hello Thai fan´s, if you want to open a bank account in Thailand you just have to open the Bank door and go inn and ask for a savings or fixed account.

They probably ask for your adress if you don´t have a permanent adress just give them any adress hotell or afriend.

Then you have to have your passport whit you.

At least 500 baht for your deposit.

Fixed probaly more. read more at www.bangkokbank.com

If they say that you have to have a workpermit before opening the account and you don´t have it so just walk outside and then walk to the next bank probably allready the next bank take you to customer whit open hands,  this is a fact

Bangkok bank from -87 :o

I went to Bangkok Bank today and asked.  I was told that you only need a copy of your passport to open an account with them in order to send in money.

I suspect that the people at the Kasikorn branch I went to before are confused.  I plan to email Kasikorn HQ and see what they say.

It's getting hard to believe what anyone says.  I just went to the Bangkok Bank's web site BBL Internet Banking to see what they say about opening an Internet banking account.  It specifically says that you need a residency and a work permit to get an online account:

I sent Bangkok Bank an email tonight to see what they say about opening an over the counter account and an internet account, and will, post their reply when received.  I applied for online banking and was accepted long after I retired...no work permit....only a copy of my passport.  

How To Apply

To enjoy the Bualuang iBanking services you will need to have a savings or current account with Bangkok Bank. If you don't have an account with us - simply apply at your nearest branch, and while you are there you can apply for the Bualuang iBanking service at the same time.

Three easy steps:

1) Pick up an application form

Bualuang iBanking application forms are available from any of our branches or you can print one out here.

2) Fill in the application form  

In the application form, you can fill in the numbers of your own bank accounts and other accounts (e.g. suppliers, business partners, family members) that you want to be linked with Bualuang iBanking).

If you have printed out an application form from the web, you will need to sign it at the branch in front of the marketing officer who will take your application.  

3) Prepare documents  

Along with your application form you will need to take the following documents with you to the Bank:

Passbook(s)

Citizen ID card or

13-digit government photo ID card

Valid Passport (foreigners only)

Valid Work Permit or Certificate of Residence (foreigners only)

* Only foreign nationals with a resident Baht account holding a non-immigrant visa along with a valid work permit or certificate of residence are eligible to apply for Bualuang iBanking.

Let us do the rest

We'll notify you within seven working days regarding your application approval.  Along with this notification you will receive a unique User ID number via e-mail.  

(For individuals who apply at a provincial branch, it might take longer than seven days for your application to be approved.)

Within the next three to six working days, you will also receive your unique PIN (Personal Identification Number) in the registered mail.  Now you can use your User ID and PIN to log on at any time and enjoy banking at your fingertips and start using our service right away.

*Your free 15 Internet hours will be sent to you via e-mail approximately two weeks after you have received your User ID number.*  

Note:  

1) Individuals who received their Free JI-Net hours before 1 January 2003, please use your Internet hours before it expires on 31 August 2003.

2) Individuals who received their Free JI-Net hours after 1 January 2003, please use your Internet hours before it expires on 30 June 2004.

We advise that you study our security and privacy information, terms and conditions, and fee information before applying.  

[/b]

Here's a note I got from Kasikorn Bank after a couple of exchanges of email regarding whether or not one needs a work permit:

"Thank you for your email interesting in services of KASIKORNBANK PCL.

According to your mail, we are pleased to provide the information as you requested.

Please kindly refer to our reply, we have stated that you have to bring your passport, and a copy of your work permit (if any), which the word "if any" means that it is not an obligation. If you have a work permit, please kindly show us because we just would like to know where you live in Thailand. But, if you do not have it because you do not live here, that is o.k. You can still open an account with us anyhow. Therefore, please feel free to contact our branch even though you do not have a work permit."

And from Bangkok Bank - this is in reference to Internet banking:

""You are welcome, Kha".  We are pleased to have known that Bualuang iBanking is your interesting.

Actually, foreign nationals with a single resident Baht account holding a non-immigrant visa along with a valid work permit or certificate of residence are eligible to apply for Bualuang iBanking service. We are sorry that currently Tourist Visa is not eligible to apply for this service.

It will approximately take seven days for Application Approval.  Service user will receive :

unique User ID Number along with approval notification via e-mail.  

PIN in sealed envelope at  the address in Thailand supplied in application via

postal service, within next three to six working days.

Should you meet the above requirements for this service user, please visit our branch

near you.  Our Marketing Officer will be happy to make arrangement for you."

I can do like this i think?I open an account whit my toerist visa,my wife who is thai,open also an account on the same bank,but  let her take internet banking.She will give her account number for that,later on when everything is running,she will give up my account number to put in this also as a sub account number to take care via inernet banking.And i will take control with everything.Thats the way i do it in holland also,only here i have the internet banking account for my self,and my wifes number is the sub account.Will this work in thailand also you think?Or is it only possible to have only one number with i banking?