State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

For permit to the blue shirt to flame the red shirt and transform the red in bad guys...i was also there in the moment when the red start to go away...they was quite but some blue started to insult them and start to throw stones and bottle...not in plastic.

it has been achieved now !!! see? the blues are quite clever and nott everything is as it seems

Not only me also about 20 reporer make a video about that, and more, the leader stop in 10 second some red that start to respond... for that im not sure all start from the red, im many occasion the blue and other try to flame them and they dont...all this have somethigs wrong, today i pass in the middle of the policeman, of the soldier, of red in the middle of the batlle but everybody smile to me, salut me...i dont know...wil see in the future.

The yellow, the red, the police men, the soldier all have bad guys and good guys, all have do somethings wrong and somethings right...but the red are at the end the 70% of the people of this country and all of us know that dont give them new election is wrong.

PS: im not friend of red or yellow, i have only see what happen in pattaya and in bangkok...only that.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bored with all of this now. There is no worth in discussing here as its all simple minded and one sided. The actions of a half a dozen red shirts shows us the true nature of the other 30,000 protesting. Yellow shirts were completely innocent and the airport takeover was legal. Everyone is looking for an easy solution or party to blame. No one appears sincerely interested in the bigger picture, except for maybe eldar1.

Good luck with that.

Happy Songkran.

The M16 assault rifle is the key, anybody who know's the weapon would be asking a lot of questions, they are the most leathol of all assault rifles, designed to kill and are very very accurate up to 100m and are seconded only by Sniper rifles.

In other words they could easily take of a person's leg at 100m and not kill them, in a demonstration this would cause an instant panic situation.

AJE in my opinion are the best news channel far better than CNN and BBC who never report the facts from both sides. I guess they were waiting for official statistics on Red death's before printing the 2 civilian casualties which haven't been released as yet. Anyway now AJE have.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pac...5656292843.html

Only the first paragraph of the story talks about the 2 people killed

Two men have been killed in Bangkok as anti-government protesters and soldiers fought battles on the streets of the Thai capital.

-Al Jazeera (link in monkfish's post)

It does not mention that these 2 were killed by UDD members, which i've seen confirmed by 3 sources including an eye witness and a doctor plus the mainstream media. So it seems that AJE does slant their news or at least it does in this case.

For permit to the blue shirt to flame the red shirt and transform the red in bad guys...i was also there in the moment when the red start to go away...they was quite but some blue started to insult them and start to throw stones and bottle...not in plastic.

Let's assume that this is true and the blue shirts attacked first, does this justify attacking the PM, rioting in the streets ? If you are walking down the street and someone makes a comment about you and smacks you around a bit, does that give you the right to beat your wife later?

To say that the red shirts had no say in the escalation in violence is to say that they are without free will and thus they really can't make any demands can they?

What if someone throw stones in your head? or the head of your wife? We dont know last night who start and for what, so the only real thing is that a 70% of this country want new election dont give to them is wrong.

I am bored with all of this now. There is no worth in discussing here as its all simple minded and one sided. The actions of a half a dozen red shirts shows us the true nature of the other 30,000 protesting. Yellow shirts were completely innocent and the airport takeover was legal. Everyone is looking for an easy solution or party to blame. No one appears sincerely interested in the bigger picture, except for maybe eldar1.

Good luck with that.

Happy Songkran.

maybe there isnt a bigger picture, Ive seen similar violence many times here

I hope so too - but as thailand is also #3 in world for shootings this year - there are alot of people out there with guns and strong beliefs - be they right or wrong!!!!

Where exactly did you get this number from? I have a hard time believing that thailand beats mexico, us, israel, gaza, colombia, pretty much anywhere in africa

1. Columbia

2.South Africa

3. Thailand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...ated_death_rate

Let's assume that this is true and the blue shirts attacked first, does this justify attacking the PM, rioting in the streets ? If you are walking down the street and someone makes a comment about you and smacks you around a bit, does that give you the right to beat your wife later?

To say that the red shirts had no say in the escalation in violence is to say that they are without free will and thus they really can't make any demands can they?

What if someone throw stones in your head? or the head of your wife? We dont know last night who start and for what, so the only real thing is that a 70% of this country want new election dont give to them is wrong.

I think you may have misunderstood the point i was trying to make. It's not about the level of violence, it's that previous violence with someone is no excuse for later violence with someone else.

If 1 fights with 2, it does not give 1 the right to now attack 3

I don't know about new election, but 70% of the people for sure just want the insanity to stop (from both PAD and UDD)

so the only real thing is that a 70% of this country want new election dont give to them is wrong.
you have some survey results?

no...ok we can count....chiangmai, ubon, udon, all tak area , all issan area, hua hin, pucket....ecc.....our PM cannot go in there so is a red area....plus not red but people that want choose their prime minister, a part of a soldier, a part of police.......no sorry im wrong 80% of this country want new election.

I am by no means a PAD supporter nor do I support Thaksin. But I just felt I had to post this...

Let me first say I respect your opinions regardless of whose side you're on. From what I can tell, the general consensus here seems to be anti-red. This is fine, but I'd really like to know where you are getting your information from.

A lot of news organizations seem to be pointing their finger at the pro-Thaksin demonstrators. I'm not saying these people are innocent of any wrong-doing, but I think a lot of what we're hearing is over-exaggerated. Apart from Thaksin interviews on CNN and the BBC, I have not seen a single interview with protesters who have been directly involved in the clashes. Since the Government has been feeding the news media information all day, I think the protesters should be offered a chance to tell their side of the story. Anyone with half a brain will know this is the right and fair thing to do. As of 11pm, most UDD websites have been either blocked or shutdown. Seems to me like the powers that be are trying to hide something...

Has it occurred to any of you, the anti-red-shirt sentiment you're hearing is the result of a clever propaganda campaign orchestrated by the Government? Trust me, this wouldn't be the first time, propaganda has always been utilized whenever there's a political crisis (for as long as I can remember). To be honest, I think news organizations have got themselves so wrapped up in all this, they are unable to be objective much less realize the truth even if it bit them on the ass.

With firm control over the local news media, the amount of propaganda coming from the Government is quite 'appalling'. I'm not one to accuse the Government of lying, but the truth definitely isn't getting out beyond the borders of the Government House. What you are witnessing is just a glimpse of a bigger and gruesome picture. Quite the opposite from what PM Abhisit or Mr. Suthep wants you to see or believe. It's pathetic. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm beginning to feel sympathy towards the protesters.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, don't trust everything you read or hear; to put it bluntly, don't be a naive little sh*t. There are both sides to every story, be objective and keep an open mind. No one can cover up the truth -- not the Government, PAD, UDD, or even Thaksin.

Now that the major battle is 'apparently' over, here come the apologists and conspiracy theorists.

I have no doubt that there were questionable actions and decisions made by security forces during the course of the day that would make the government look bad and would therefore be covered up if possible. I also have little doubt that there were far more of these questionable actions and decisions made by protesters, most of which will also be will also be covered up by the red shirt leadership. It was basically a war on the streets of Bangkok.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

The M16 assault rifle is the key, anybody who know's the weapon would be asking a lot of questions, they are the most leathol of all assault rifles, designed to kill and are very very accurate up to 100m and are seconded only by Sniper rifles.

In other words they could easily take of a person's leg at 100m and not kill them, in a demonstration this would cause an instant panic situation.

AJE in my opinion are the best news channel far better than CNN and BBC who never report the facts from both sides. I guess they were waiting for official statistics on Red death's before printing the 2 civilian casualties which haven't been released as yet. Anyway now AJE have.

Two men have been killed in Bangkok as anti-government protesters and soldiers fought battles on the streets of the Thai capital.

It does not mention that these 2 were killed by UDD members, which i've seen confirmed by 3 sources including an eye witness and a doctor plus the mainstream media. So it seems that AJE does slant their news or at least it does in this case.

What are the names of the UDD who killed the the innocent victims? What weapons were used? Have they been arrested? Is there any proof? etc etc

Are CNN and BBC reporting the same? Do not believe Thai news until it has been confirmed because its mostly propaganda.

What are the names of the UDD who killed the the innocent victims? What weapons were used? Have they been arrested? Is there any proof? etc etc

Are CNN and BBC reporting the same? Do not believe Thai news until it has been confirmed because its mostly propaganda.

They were shot, during the clashes with the market vendors. Asking about names and asking if they have been arrested is asking a bit much

since this happened in an area where even the army does not have full control yet.

Sure thai media slants, but they are not propaganda machines (atleast not the english newspapers), they do report what happens and don't write blatant lies. Anyway this story was twittered from an eyewitness before it hit the newswires and confirmed by a doctor in a hospital close by. So yeah pretty sure that this has happened.

I am by no means a PAD supporter nor do I support Thaksin. But I just felt I had to post this...

Let me first say I respect your opinions regardless of whose side you're on. From what I can tell, the general consensus here seems to be anti-red. This is fine, but I'd really like to know where you are getting your information from.

A lot of news organizations seem to be pointing their finger at the pro-Thaksin demonstrators. I'm not saying these people are innocent of any wrong-doing, but I think a lot of what we're hearing is over-exaggerated. Apart from Thaksin interviews on CNN and the BBC, I have not seen a single interview with protesters who have been directly involved in the clashes. Since the Government has been feeding the news media information all day, I think the protesters should be offered a chance to tell their side of the story. Anyone with half a brain will know this is the right and fair thing to do. As of 11pm, most UDD websites have been either blocked or shutdown. Seems to me like the powers that be are trying to hide something...

Has it occurred to any of you, the anti-red-shirt sentiment you're hearing is the result of a clever propaganda campaign orchestrated by the Government? Trust me, this wouldn't be the first time, propaganda has always been utilized whenever there's a political crisis (for as long as I can remember). To be honest, I think news organizations have got themselves so wrapped up in all this, they are unable to be objective much less realize the truth even if it bit them on the ass.

With firm control over the local news media, the amount of propaganda coming from the Government is quite 'appalling'. I'm not one to accuse the Government of lying, but the truth definitely isn't getting out beyond the borders of the Government House. What you are witnessing is just a glimpse of a bigger and gruesome picture. Quite the opposite from what PM Abhisit or Mr. Suthep wants you to see or believe. It's pathetic. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm beginning to feel sympathy towards the protesters.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, don't trust everything you read or hear; to put it bluntly, don't be a naive little sh*t. There are both sides to every story, be objective and keep an open mind. No one can cover up the truth -- not the Government, PAD, UDD, or even Thaksin.

Are you joking? The leadership of the UDD has called for attacks on the legitimately elected Prime Minister and the government. Those attacks were carried out in violent fashion. A convicted fugitive is calling for a revolution and is fomenting insurrection against a legal government. Hear their side of the story? fuc_k that. That said, when alltraces of Thaksin, TRT, PPP, PTP have been seperated from the legitimate concerns of the great many peaceful "red" faction, I will be amongst there strongest supporters.

Are you joking? The leadership of the UDD has called for attacks on the legitimately elected Prime Minister and the government. Those attacks were carried out in violent fashion. A convicted fugitive is calling for a revolution and is fomenting insurrection against a legal government. Hear their side of the story? fuc_k that. That said, when alltraces of Thaksin, TRT, PPP, PTP have been seperated from the legitimate concerns of the great many peaceful "red" faction, I will be amongst there strongest supporters.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Same here, if the UDD kicks out it's violent members and distances itself completely from thaksin and his cronies, i'll be the first to put on a red shirt (would it be possible to change colours, i don't really look that good in red)

AND Chuan really is a painter. As in "he paints pictures".

That single share had a value initially, but the co op went bust ages ago. He failed to disclose that he once received a gift of single share in a no-more-existing cooperative.

And he still live in the same rented house as 30 years ago.

so the only real thing is that a 70% of this country want new election dont give to them is wrong.
you have some survey results?

no...ok we can count....chiangmai, ubon, udon, all tak area , all issan area, hua hin, pucket....ecc.....our PM cannot go in there so is a red area....plus not red but people that want choose their prime minister, a part of a soldier, a part of police.......no sorry im wrong 80% of this country want new election.

a classic example of whats causing the problem, people that are unable to separate opinion from reality

if the UDD kicks out it's violent members and distances itself completely

Been suggested that these sods have been planted by that Fk wit Henchman of Abbi...so called sodden deputy PM ...(suggest depuity Dog instead )...Suwit....

Watched the video about the way he organised that bunch of Blue T Shirt half witted thugs in Patti the other day....wot a plonker .....sums him and his gov to a tee... now pun intended ..... :o

Has anyone noticed that D-Station's website has now gone offline too? Either censored or hijacked. So much for free speech in Thailand.

D-station is not really a news station, it's just propaganda. Although i do agree with you that they should not shut it down.

I am pretty interested in politics, but I don't know many of the UDD webpages. so with this information you are no way the bystander you claim to be.

True or not, we have State of Emergency and the government has every right to cut the information ways of the Terrorists.

A convicted fugitive is calling for a revolution and is fomenting insurrection against a legal government. Hear their side of the story? fuc_k that.

A fugitive he certainly is, but the whole judicial process including its legitimacy leading up to his conviction is questionable.

That said, when alltraces of Thaksin, TRT, PPP, PTP have been seperated from the legitimate concerns of the great many peaceful "red" faction, I will be amongst there strongest supporters.

Fair enough. But you know as well as I do, that this ain't gonna happen.

Same here, if the UDD kicks out it's violent members and distances itself completely from thaksin and his cronies, i'll be the first to put on a red shirt (would it be possible to change colours, i don't really look that good in red)

If the Nazis would kick out their violent members and stop being racists I would support them as well...

UDD is found and paid by Thaksin to bring him back by any means. Without Thaksin and violence there is nothing left.

Has anyone noticed that D-Station's website has now gone offline too? Either censored or hijacked. So much for free speech in Thailand.

D-station is not really a news station, it's just propaganda. Although i do agree with you that they should not shut it down.

Been watching it for the last week or so in Bangers/Mai and only just got back last night but have recieved a number of calls from London based Thais asking if its been shut down?....

assume it has ...anyone confirm.... :o

Red mob is killing people in Bangkok....now it is not the time for free speech and let them communicate, now is the time to stop that.

That's an awful lot of innuendo. Do you have any facts you'd care to share? The government is not blocking your posts here.

They were shot, during the clashes with the market vendors. Asking about names and asking if they have been arrested is asking a bit much

since this happened in an area where even the army does not have full control yet.

Sure thai media slants, but they are not propaganda machines (atleast not the english newspapers), they do report what happens and don't write blatant lies. Anyway this story was twittered from an eyewitness before it hit the newswires and confirmed by a doctor in a hospital close by. So yeah pretty sure that this has happened.

Lol! No evidence yet you believe it? read the news again

The two men, who were allegedly gunned down by the red-shirts, are identified as Pom Polphanbua, aged 54, and Yuthakarn, 19.

You see the news station take no risks!