Trip To Pjuket In The Next Week - Safe Or Not?

ad1982

HI All

I am planning to go phuket this week for 3-4 days? with the turmoil going on is there a chance there might be an issue like last september where tourists were stranded?

any impact as we speak. any genuine help is appreciated.

cheers

Sorry ....just seen your request for genuine help and now feel like an arsehol_e!

As if your going to listen to me now...... anyway, for what its worth, no one knows whats going to happen next...my advice? Dont let it disrupt you or make you alter your plans too much, unless you have a family that is, then you must think of others and not just yourself! I was straded at Phuket airport last year with my family. We were stuck at the airport with no flights out and the PAD wouldnt let us out.....uncomfortable for a while and the kids were soon bored..... dont worry, just use your CS.

:o

Just to be clear. There is no disruption at Phuket at this time. It's perfectly safe to walk about Phuket, other than be assailed by the touts, tailors, pick pockets, etc. Other than last year's 2/3 day disruption at Phuket Airport, we have not been affected by coups, emergency power, and the like. Life continues serenly on Phuket Island.

HI All

I am planning to go phuket this week for 3-4 days? with the turmoil going on is there a chance there might be an issue like last september where tourists were stranded?

any impact as we speak. any genuine help is appreciated.

cheers

There are no problems here on Phuket all is as it should be! please come and enjoy :o

Just don't go out side or travel on the roads. Stay in your resort and you will not have any trouble.

If you do go outside, make sure you are correctly dressed, but keep of the main roads.

That's a bit melodramatic!

What is wrong with going on the roads? I was on the road today and it was fully of happy people celebrating Thai New Year!

HEre from Phuket Wan..

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-perfec...-leaders-10988/