How Do U Think?

I am a student.

I would like to have my own small business.

I think I would open a small shop online and sell something, maybe clothes, handmade stuff etc.

And...also I would get order to buy things.

My target customer would be people in other countries who would like to buy something in Thailand, but they don't have time to come to Thailand. They can order me to buy it, and I will send them.

How do you think? Do you think it would work well?

I'd have some things in stock that you can send quickly without having to go out and search. As you are already sending a long distance, you want to waste as little time as possible getting your orders shipped.

Have a native english speaker (or speaker of the language your customers speak) check your website so that the language is well written. This gives your customers more confidence in communicating with you.

Get an account at www.paypal.com so you can accept credit cards. Checks/money wire, are not good payment forms for this kind of sales.

I have to get to sleep, but there's a few things to get you started. Good luck. :o

cv

What do you study thaidaughter?

I think it can work if you do it right.

I am going to move this topic into the jos, business forum ok? The guys in there are more suited to help you with your question.

I will leave a link to it in the general forum where you originally posted this question.

Good luck Thaidaughter :o

• 1 month later...

Can't she only take payments by paypal if she has a US bank account, evn though can be registered with a Thai bank card. I think the main problem for a Thai is taking online payments by credit card, as many credit card processors blacklist Thailand. Any thoughts?

Also, Thai daughter, what are you thinking of selling? Because you'd be surprised at the amount of things from Thailand you can buy cheaply in the West anyway, because they are already being exported in large quanities and sold in the shops.

You really need a good product and some knowledge of what is for sale in the West is essential I think.

There are many Thai Ebay sellers but most of them are large companies and the smaller individual sellers have bases/connections in the states or Europe.Paypal is very important to do business on Ebay and you would need a US or other approved country bank account to link to your Paypal account and am sure Thailand isn't one of them.Also it is true that major Thai exporters ship out container loads of clothing,giftwares,handicrafts,etc.,so you would be competing against their low cost of economies.Stick with unique collectible niche items to compete with the big boys.