Sakhon

drummachine

Hi All,

The Missus is pregnant so was wondering on any ideas for hospitals in Sakhon area. I know the central ones are not so good, was wondering if the army hospital is any better? Maybe just worth going to Aek Udon for checks etc?

Any advice welcome.

My wife had a kid in Lak Sakon Hospital. Seemed pretty good but then most are compared with an NHS hospital in the UK. They had a package deal for three or four days think it was about 15,000-20,000. Private hospital with your own room and nurse. Where are you in Sakon?

Yes, I have. I tried a dentist who the Thai's highly recommended. Don't remember his name (I don't remember most Thai names). He has both a private practise an works out of the hospital. Won't go see him again. The Dentists at the Aek Udon hospital are great, good facilities and equiptment, and speak good English. Highly recommend them.

Yes, I have. I tried a dentist who the Thai's highly recommended. Don't remember his name (I don't remember most Thai names). He has both a private practise an works out of the hospital. Won't go see him again. The Dentists at the Aek Udon hospital are great, good facilities and equiptment, and speak good English. Highly recommend them.

I'm very disappointed with the dentists at Aek Udon. A piece of a tooth that was being subsumed fell off, and I went to get it extracted - after all, it was falling apart as it was being subsumed back into the jaw. They refused to extract it - said that I had to have a root canal and a post and crown. Ok, couldn't win, had the root canal - and another part of the tooth fell off. Then I went in, and was told that I had to have gum surgery because the tooth had broken below the gum line...I turned that down, and asked how much it was all going to come to - they couldn't give an exact figure, but somewhere between 40-50,000 baht! I canceled all appointments, and went to my local hospital, where a dentist, out of dental school for one year, listened and agreed to do the extraction and have a new plate made (I already had a plate for a tooth on the other side). Total cost? 1,750 baht. And she's done a great job.

Remember a thread a while back that the private hospitals were losing customers so the physicians had been directed to increase the billing for each patient? There was another poster who had a similar experience to mine, and wouldn't go back to that dental clinic either.

I have three boys with two Thai ladys.

All have been born in the normal Amphoe Hospitals.

One in Chayaphum Amphoe Hospital Phukiau, after complications with an emporers delivery. (No extra cost!)

Two in Udon Thani Amphoe H. Chayuan, no problems.

My girlfriends checked once in a Private hospital if it looks alright during the pregnancy, but wanted to deliver near theire homevillage,

with easy connection to the mothers and familys for care and visits.

We took always a VIP room, maybe necessary to book such a room in advance, only one bed, Aircon and TV.

That extra costs are for some days not high.