Cambodian Boarder Pass For Thai National

I am not sure, but I think, its only a day pass.

Was last in Cambodia and got the information, that a Cambodian citicen can only go a day to Thailand , with a such a pass. Should be the same for Thais.

The same is with Laos, so better make a Thaipassport, I think 1.200 or 1.300 B. and a weeks time.

Edited by ALFREDO

I am not sure, but I think, its only a day pass.

Was last in Cambodia and got the information, that a Cambodian citicen can only go a day to Thailand , with a such a pass. Should be the same for Thais.

The same is with Laos, so better make a Thaipassport, I think 1.200 or 1.300 B. and a weeks time.

Alfredo

Not correct on the Lao "border pass." It's good for two nights three days and can be extended for one or two days. My wife's done this before. One restriction is that it's only good for the immediate Vientiane area, don't know about other border crossing points.

Agree, tho, passport is easier and quicker, for a Thai, as no visa required, just the border chop.

Mac

Was just down at the Hat Lek border the other day.

There was a sign saying that border passes were only available for people with a house registration in the border province I asked the immigration officer if it was possible for someone like me with registation elsewhere (ie BKK) to get a border pass and the answer was "no". According to the officer, since the Cambodians burnt down the Thai embassy a few years back, they have stopped issuing Cambodian border passes for those who don't live near the border.