Thenile Sms Spam

triplegee

I recieved 2 unsolicited SMS's tonight with the following details:

Text (both not same): All welcome to the grand opening at The Nile Mandarin Hotel on Friday 28th tomorrow for resv. call 0-4725-4661, 0-2633-0660-2

Just a few questions:

- Why am I getting these? I have no affiliation with The Nile nor the Mandarin Hotel

- Why is there no return number? Even when I look at the message details there is no senders number. There is also no option to reply to the message (as is standard). This strikes me as a deilberate attempt to mask where the message has come from.

- Was I charged to recieve this cr*p??? being on a prepaid card it's hard to tell.

- Who else has recieved similar messages this evening.

FYI - I am on 1-2-Call.

Can we expect more of this cr*p??? I hope not.... :o

BTW - There's no way I would support any place that employs these tactics. Now you know where I WON'T be tomorrow night!!! :D

Edited by triplegee

FYI - I am on 1-2-Call.

Can we expect more of this cr*p??? I hope not....  :o

Yep, and more to come :-)

SMS spam is as big as Email spam in other countries, so we should expect more here and there's no way can avoid it.

It's very easy to contact large number of users - just register for free SMS service or have " a friend" who can use SMS-server, and broadcast "lucky winner" or "latest promotion" ads free of charge to all users.

more and more to come.