Searching For The Best Steak In Cm

CharlieBoy

Hands down it's Nimman Grill at Kantary Hills on Nimmanheiman, Soi 12. Price, quality, service, atmosphere.

Here is yet another vote for Nimman Grill at Kantary Hills Hotel. Outstanding filet mignon -- imported, aged, beef -- done exactly as ordered.

And I agree with previous advice to order sauce on the side: The sauce is fine, but better if you control how much of it you want on your steak.

- Oneman

This sounds like what I am looking for. Mom always said that a good steak does not need sauce, and i've always found that to be true. :o

The best value steak in CM is the one cooked by the cook at the little roadside stand with the dirty canvas blind in the soi that runs parrallel to Nimnahaman near the fitness centre, 180 baht for an excelent steak cooked by a chef with 30 years experience at the Amari Rincome The SpaghettiCarbonara isn't bad either for 30 baht. THat way I can eat three times for the price one of you rich Charlies eat.

I have to admit that the "dirty canvas blind" sounds aesthetically pleasing, but I have to wonder how good the quality of the beef would be in a "roadside stand. :o

Last place I would have eaten but the cooking part is clean and the steak though local is quite tasty and cooked to bring out it's best.

Just wanted to point out that good food is to be had outside the airconditioned improrted style resturaunts.

i could't make the place sound too attractive or tit may be overun by tourists and put the prices up.

Edited by harrry

Nimman Grill and The Duke's both serve excellent steaks. You should also check out Le Crystal's Steakhouse in JJ Market just behind Tesco Lotus. If you want something a lot cheaper (but not quite as tasty) then you could check out Franco Thai behind Icon Square on the moat. It's certainly not in the same league as Nimman Grill or The Duke's, but it's fantastic for the price.

As a confirmed carnivore on a limited budget, I'm grateful for all this advice, especially Franco Thai which I've never heard of before. Will try it very soon.

Re Crystal's at JJ Market, I was very impressed by the staff, especially the helpful and apparently truthful waiter. My host and I wanted a Thai beef steak, but tender! The waiter steered us away from the most expensive in passably good English, saying the 2nd most expensive was far better.

It was tender, tasty and a good size for the price, but for me was spoiled by being covered in a very thin, rusty-red sauce which was SWEET! Yeeeucchh! I had to work hard with the black pepper mill to try to counteract the effect. This abomination was not mentioned on the menu, nor by my host who appeared to enjoy it. He was paying, so I shut up. Can any of you epicureans explain?

And at the risk of going OT, if you are the guest and there's something wrong with your meal, do you mention it, or suffer in silence?

It happened before in CM some years ago when I went To an oddly named German restaurant, now happily defunct, with a pork stew. I was ill all night and next morning, and wished to the heavens I HAD complained.