Sin Sod Missing

keithlee

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems papa has a 7 day collection of silk pajamas, no one will say where he got the money from. Just that they will take better care of the next installment of sin sod.

Inspite of the topic being a troll,it was a good one,as can be seen by the replies,and many have been done over by sin sot in varies ways which shows how little the families really care about the ocassion.A few smilies would have gone down well keithlee.

Actually itwas my point just to show how silly some of these fine gentlemen are. They have no business marrying thai girls. The majority of girls have an agenda that doesnt include a happy marriage.

Edited by keithlee

Actually itwas my point just to show how silly some of these fine gentlemen are. They have no business marrying thai girls. The majority of girls have an agenda that doesnt include a happy marriage.

Yes this is true,so many farang are too trusting but where we come from "trust" is considered the norm and the basis of our society.Then you come to thailand you soon realise "trust" is not part of the thai vocabulary.

And soon you are keeping your hands in your pockets and trusting no one.

Yes this is true,so many farang are too trusting but where we come from "trust" is considered the norm and the basis of our society.Then you come to thailand you soon realise "trust" is not part of the thai vocabulary.

And soon you are keeping your hands in your pockets and trusting no one.

Have to agree we are too trusting and then we become more and more distrusting and cynical as time and each relationship goes by. Then, when the next one comes along we are less trusting and that can lead to problems in a relationship.

hel_l, I have just found out I was being scammed by someone I thought I could trust. Such a silly scam, I never even considered it to be one!! I get more wary by the week :o

yeah just when you think you've got it all figured out,along comes another one.I often wonder after spending many years in thailand what it would be like to go home,would you be unable to raise up the trust barriers to how you were before you left to go to thailand,or would we all remain untrusting of everybody back home too.

I do not think it would be too bad back home in the trust stakes. I think a lot of the 'problem' here is not really understanding the culture.

We know it is different here. We expect a lot of things to be done differently and for the people to be different. Add to the fact we do have difficulties with the language all make us vulnerable to being scammed, even in little ways and then the distrust sets in on the bigger picture of a relationship.

Back home we know what to expect. We know exactly how things work and that has to be a main difference, so our trust levels are higher, surely.

I do not think it would be too bad back home in the trust stakes. I think a lot of the 'problem' here is not really understanding the culture.

We know it is different here. We expect a lot of things to be done differently and for the people to be different. Add to the fact we do have difficulties with the language all make us vulnerable to being scammed, even in little ways and then the distrust sets in on the bigger picture of a relationship.

Back home we know what to expect. We know exactly how things work and that has to be a main difference, so our trust levels are higher, surely.

Your probably right.Its just that i have become so untrusting(towards other farang too)and i dont like having to be like this.

Why would he give them 100,000 prior to the wedding; for him to give to them at the wedding?

So they offered to hold on to it until the wedding, then give it back to him at the wedding, then he give it back to them again??? <deleted> this story doesn't even make sense.

What dont you understand? The Sinsod is for display purposes only lol, they hold onto it and put it on display, then after the wedding they hand it back to him. This is normal when dealing with NICE Thai families, bad Thai families keep it... and completely retarded and evil Thai families manipulate you into giving TWO sinsods lol.

whats retarded about hitting the fool twice?

If the wifey, wife to be etc asked your friend for that cash, then the hubby should make her accountable for the whole sum, it doesn't matter where those money really went to, lost, spent, throw into the toilette, whatever, she asked for it so she must be fully responsible for it, make unreserved apologies to his loved one and either give back the money from her own(if any), selling what she own or find a job and pay him back everything, if she really love him she will do it, if it was just another scam then treat her accordingly and most importantly, with no mercy, from my own experience she will surely have no problems in even give up 100% of what she earn, hope your friend will have the same "luck". :o

This whole Sin Sod is things is often not needed at all.

I have spoken to many Thais over the years about this and most say its a old custom and not really something you have to do its up to you to go along with it.

As far as I can see from the OP ,tell ur friend to run away.

Lost 100.000bath yeah right :o

From my experience, it is mostly hookers, their grubby parents and the sex tourist who fall prey to the in sot rip off. Guys who are getting their egos (and other places) stroked are hoodwinked into parting with cash for no reason and then after a while, they come here to pontificate on how it is Thai way and you have to do it and they were glad to do it and all that nonsense.

Maybe 1 in 10,000 has the balls to say he was conned.

my friend gave a refundable 100,000 baht sin sod th gf family with understanding it was to be returned. family say they lost it, can he come up with another 100,000 so they dont lose face at wedding. he say ok, i tell him to ditch girl and family.

Loose face - they're having him on: Yes - sooner he ditches her and the family the less he'll have to regret later.

The world is full of scams not only Thailand. they even have websites built around them for help, google Thai girl scams?

Being from a Gypsy family, our world maybe different from some people on here who just walk away. I would seek revenge for any amount of money even 1 baht. I like the way people state, they took the money and disappeared. Noone just disappears, they are just waiting to be found. Find her or her family and have no fear. :o