Exercise Bike

GUANO

Hi,

My girlfriend had an ACL replacement and someone recommended using an exercise bike as part of her physio.

Looking for either advice on

where to get a new/used exercise bike (stationary bicycle) or someone that has one they aren't using.

Thought I'd ask on her before going on a mission round Chiang Mai!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

There is a shop inside the klong (west side of the old city) approx 200 - 300 meters south of the NW corner (Chiang Mai Ram corner)

It is painted yellow and from memory has the name V - Tech on the facade.

They have a range of bikes (both the upright ones and the recumbent type) also walkers and other exercise machines.

They generally have items on discount and their back up service is first rate.

Perhaps the best back up I have experienced in Chiang Mai :o

I have an excercise bike that i'm not using anymore, i've sent u a message about it already.

Hi,

My girlfriend had an ACL replacement and someone recommended using an exercise bike as part of her physio.

Looking for either advice on

where to get a new/used exercise bike (stationary bicycle) or someone that has one they aren't using.

Thought I'd ask on her before going on a mission round Chiang Mai!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I could be wrong, but I think that V Tech went out of business in the last year or so. A fitness equipment shop very near that location had a going out of business sale a while ago.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

You could be right but they were operating around 6 - 8 weeks ago.

Either I was mistaken about the going out of business sale or it is a different establishment. Thanks for pointing it out as I want to buy a reasonably priced, Elliptical machine sooner or later and they sound worth a visit. :o

I can recommend them. They stand by their products which is more that the majority of Thai retailers do.

There are (as has been noted, places in Airport Plaza and Kad Suan Kaew) and I found their machines to be at least 100 % (and more) more expensive.

Good luck and as "Nike' say's "just do it"

Edited by john b good

Thanks for the V-Tech recomendation .. its not a flashy shop but the quailty of the equipment is better than in the supermarket chains.

Knowledgable sales girl, not pushy and negotible, sensible pricing. :o

Thanks for everyones' help and advice. I checked out most of the places mentioned. Though, I ended up getting a second hand machine as hopefully she wont have to use it for too long!

Thanks again.

GUANO