Sondhi's Son Alleges "gestapo" Behind His Father's Assassination Attempt

mc2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else getting tired of every newsclip thread getting derailed by thaksin-haters? Did he f your wife or something?

Forget it. It's some kind of club, they just make joke between themselves, post the kind of pictures that make you laugh when you were 13 ...

After a while you get use to it, don't even pay attention anymore

Blast from the past.

Click on pic for animation

post-16522-1240280971_thumb.png

still no photobucket account, Tony? :o

thaksinshotinfoot.gif

it saves on having to do the "click on pic for animation"...

btw, hope the knee gets better.

O Canada... :D

See what I mean ? Hilarious isn't it ?

The pathetic part is they are more close to retirement age than to their high school years

What is generally referred to and perceived as "Establishment & Elite" in this particular political bickering, might be some group (or grouping in it's wider sense) quite different from what Establishment and Elite really stand for!

In my view it represents roughly the power mongers, who had this country run, the way they wanted it!

In this sense some of Thaksin's accusations are half truths, because even he dares to clearly accuse those who are the "cloak & dagger" leader and benefactors of it all!

Did he simply fail like many others to grasp this fact, or does he stick sternly to the unwritten rules?

And preferes not to point the stick at them?

The Gestapo Szenario, is imho, widely over rated and far overvalued accusation of this group or better "branch" of the "Establishment & Elite" which has proven to be absolutely inefficient - which why Sondhi has survived and Abhisit could not even be scratched - their luck!

Think, but then ... TiT!

It's a struggle through the entire "Puu Yai" system, of course non of those who benefited over generations from this system are going to give this "golden goose" up as easily, no way!

Think the dem's once tried to tackle this Problem already in Chuan's Time in the late Nineties....

Think alone of how many "Generals" Thailand's forces have... add the "Ministry of inactive Posts", who is going to clean this all out in a single legislature period?

This is the very base which builds the base of the political Problems in Thailand and at the same time the stage for Politicians like Thaksin, Chatichai and the like.

What is generally referred to and perceived as "Establishment & Elite" in this particular political bickering, might be some group (or grouping in it's wider sense) quite different from what Establishment and Elite really stand for!

In my view it represents roughly the power mongers, who had this country run, the way they wanted it!

In this sense some of Thaksin's accusations are half truths, because even he dares to clearly accuse those who are the "cloak & dagger" leader and benefactors of it all!

Did he simply fail like many others to grasp this fact, or does he stick sternly to the unwritten rules?

The Gestapo Szenario, is imho, widely over rated and far overvalued accusation of this group or better "branch" of the "Establishment & Elite" which has proven to be absolutely inefficient - which why Sondhi has survived and Abhisit could not even be scratched - their luck!

Think, but then ... TiT!

It's a struggle through the entire "Puu Yai" system, of course non of those who benefited over generations from this system are going to give this "golden goose" up as easily, no way!

Think the dem's once tried to tackle this Problem already in Chuan's Time in the late Nineties....

Think alone of how many "Generals" Thailand's forces have... add the "Ministry of inactive Posts", who is going to clean this all out in a single legislature period?

This is the very base which builds the base of the political Problems in Thailand and at the same time the stage for Politicians like Thaksin, Chatichai and the like.

Fundamental to this is the Foreign Business Act. There are many businesses in this country with long standing sleeping partners. His deal to sell AIS railroaded straight through it and I am sure other industries were to follow. This sent a massive shockwave through the families with the most to gain from protection through ownership percentage.

Certain industries were ripe for a shakeup which has seen them living cosy for a very long time.

If it wasn't about Thailand I'd think that David Icke wrote that.

David Icke - has forcasted most of what is happening, politicaly and economicaly, around the world today.

When he is talking about shape shifting lizards - then you have to think a little outside the box to understand. Think 4 by 2s

Various others, coming from completely different perspectives, have also predicted current events. But one would become far more enlightened by reading, say, Nassim Taleb, than by bothering to read about reptillian-humanoid spawn. It is one thing to think outside the box like Taleb, and another to think outside the box and into an abyss of nonsense.

Reconciliation my a55.

Thaksin is a guilty criminal on the run and his zombies also accept to deny this en masse.

No mercy for traitors, looks what state Thailand is in with it's endless forgiveness for criminals, pardons, transfers to inactive posts, etc. where nothing is ever learned but that you are still free and can keep on going with your previous business, popular with the reds and the banned 111 for example.

Hi Tony, hope your move back to Canada (?) went well and we can expect some Photoshopped satire from your skillfull repertoire in the coming months/years. I miss having a chortle at the Ai Maew and Mak inspired creations we came to know and love on TV. :D

Move went sort of well but a good 6 months in and yet not everything is everything is settled, takes about a year...

A knee has also given up along the way.

Haven't reinstalled Photoshop since, eventually I will.

The avatar works in the meantime. :D

post-16522-1240280754.gif

Blast from the past.

Click on pic for animation

post-16522-1240280971_thumb.png

Thanks Tony and do please hurry up and get Photoshop installed, if only for the sake of entertaining your sole Red Gallic fan. The first adjustment you could make would be moving Thaksin's aim from his foot to his knee-cap, which would seem to sum up the success of his latest antics to win the heart of his rapidly dwindling fan club back. :o

Hope you and the family settle in soon and the knee makes a good recovery. Probably preferred the warm weather of Thailand to a Canadian winter? :D

Think, but then ... TiT!

No mentioning of the "Establisment" please. This is Thailand. There is a LM law.

Is anyone else getting tired of every newsclip thread getting derailed by thaksin-haters? Did he f your wife or something?

Forget it. It's some kind of club, they just make joke between themselves, post the kind of pictures that make you laugh when you were 13 ...

It's the constant spin and bare-faced lies that annoy me. :o

It's the constant spin and bare-faced lies that annoy me. :o

Me to! At last we seem to agree on something! :D

Interesting if you disagree it must be bald faced lies,

but if you agree then it's hard edged truth.

Two in agreement, and yet each meaning inverses.

No gray areas or ambiguities exist in LOS, even for expats.

Oh, drat, I forgot my levitation shoes, to pop up

and bring the flying pigs down for night pasturing.

Edited by animatic

Interesting if you disagree it must be bald faced lies,

but if you agree then it's hard edged truth.

Two in agreement, and yet each meaning inverses.

No gray areas or ambiguities exist in LOS, even for expats.

Oh, drat, I forgot my levitation shoes, to pop up

and bring the flying pigs down for night pasturing.

No problem, they're homing-pigs which roost in trees, the Anglo-French ones with drooping-noses. :o

(credit to Monty Python's flying-sheep sketch)

so true.

Sonthi's son seems similarly outspoken to his father, possibly worse.

Sonthi also said no need to worry about foreigners when the Phuket and Krabi airports were closed as "if they can afford to come here in the first place, they can afford to pay for an extra air ticket".

Worse still, almost the entire basis for displacing Thaksin in 2006 was his sale of Shin Corp for 76bn baht "without paying tax".....This was so misleading......I still meet people who don't realize that stock market main board transaction generate no tax because there's no capital gains tax in Thailand for stock market transactions. Sonthi himself didn't pay tax when he traded Manager Group shares.....

So all in all, how can we believe a family that launches its biggest campaigns based on lies....

Sonthi still hasn't disclosed who financed his yellow shirts....perhaps if he could tell the truth it would make for a good start in the analysis of the current situation.

sale of Shin Corp for 76bn baht "without paying tax".....This was so misleading......I still meet people who don't realize that stock market main board transaction generate no tax because there's no capital gains tax in Thailand for stock market transactions.

Thaksin's children, the legal owners, were eventually charged with tax on buying Shin shares off the market at 1 baht value and then placing them on SET at market value, two days before the sale to Temasek.

So yeah, I sitll meet people who think that Thaksin was taxed on Shin sale itself.

No mentioning of the "Establisment" please. This is Thailand. There is a LM law.

Your posts are very boring, always the same pretending to care and pointing out links that isn't there.

Could trying to imply that talking about for example 'protected murderers' be an 'LM case' possible be 'LM' in itself and against the rules? Or could we just have these boring posts removed?

The only reason there are anti-Thaksin people posting is to counter

the imbalance of ProThaksin posters, posting so much inuendos and lies.

Not all of it is, but a way too high percentage.

So just like PAD is Thaksin's stepchild,

so are these anti-Thaksin posts a mirror

shining the inverse of what is being posted

by a few shills and psychophants.

Excluding those that still don't see him for what he is,

and actually believe in him...

One may hold a 'valid opinion' and have every 'right' to,

and still be quite incorrect in the end.

You are each welcome to your set of assorted opinions.

But if I see them as counter to the best interest of the Thai people,

I also shall indulge the freedom to refute any opinion that doesn't

support itself via facts, and exists more on emotional appeal than rationality.

It would be nice if more of you acknowledged that many people hold an opinion different from you and that, while different, these are valid and genuine opinions and people have the right to voice them.

What is interesting is how people arrive at these opinions. If you can spot things like wrong facts, gaps in knowledge and faulty logic, it eats away at cliamed "validity".

There was once an interesting episode at ICT ministry that involved Smart ID card specs. They should have had 32MB memory available but the delivered samples had only 28. Seems like a stragihforward answer to a simple question - do they comply with the specs?

Not if you have a politically appointed committee voting on it, everyone with "valid" opinions. The cards have passed.

So, there are cases when people express their "valid" opinions based on anything else but the subject at hand, there certainly are cases like that on discussion boards.

sale of Shin Corp for 76bn baht "without paying tax".....This was so misleading......I still meet people who don't realize that stock market main board transaction generate no tax because there's no capital gains tax in Thailand for stock market transactions.

Thaksin's children, the legal owners, were eventually charged with tax on buying Shin shares off the market at 1 baht value and then placing them on SET at market value, two days before the sale to Temasek.

So yeah, I sitll meet people who think that Thaksin was taxed on Shin sale itself.

Like many Thailand people, I thought Thaksin (himself) bought the company for 1 Baht. He (Thaksin himself) than sold the company for 76 bn Baht. So he made 75,999,999,999 baht, right.

Since he make so much money, it would note hurt if he pay half of it in tax (37,499,999,999.50 Baht). This will show that he has spirit. This will show that he is sporting. This will show that he love Thailand. There is nothing wrong in paying tax even if you don't have to. It is called "Tam Boon" in Thai.

It would be nice if more of you acknowledged that many people hold an opinion different from you and that, while different, these are valid and genuine opinions and people have the right to voice them.

What is interesting is how people arrive at these opinions. If you can spot things like wrong facts, gaps in knowledge and faulty logic, it eats away at cliamed "validity".

There was once an interesting episode at ICT ministry that involved Smart ID card specs. They should have had 32MB memory available but the delivered samples had only 28. Seems like a stragihforward answer to a simple question - do they comply with the specs?

Not if you have a politically appointed committee voting on it, everyone with "valid" opinions. The cards have passed.

So, there are cases when people express their "valid" opinions based on anything else but the subject at hand, there certainly are cases like that on discussion boards.

My 32MB drive does not have 32MB of usable spare. 28MB sound right. The balance is system files, and database structure files, etc.

Like many Thailand people, I thought Thaksin (himself) bought the company for 1 Baht. He (Thaksin himself) than sold the company for 76 bn Baht. So he made 75,999,999,999 baht, right.

Since he make so much money, it would note hurt if he pay half of it in tax (37,499,999,999.50 Baht). This will show that he has spirit. This will show that he is sporting. This will show that he love Thailand. There is nothing wrong in paying tax even if you don't have to. It is called "Tam Boon" in Thai.

The big question would be who would end up with the money if he paid it in tax. To show he is sporting surely he should be able to distribute it to the poorer people in Thailand since he is no longer a politician so it couldn't possibly be construed as vote buying :o

ID cards specs required 32MB of usable memory

If your company issues you shares at special prices as a part of your renumeration package and you then sell them on SET at market prices you'll have to pay tax. Everybody does, it's the law. You'll have to pay tax on the difference between your buying price and the market price on the day you registered them on SET, not the price you sell them three months later.

That's what they taxed Thaksin's kids on.

ID cards specs required 32MB of usable memory

If your company issues you shares at special prices as a part of your renumeration package and you then sell them on SET at market prices you'll have to pay tax. Everybody does, it's the law. You'll have to pay tax on the difference between your buying price and the market price on the day you registered them on SET, not the price you sell them three months later.

That's what they taxed Thaksin's kids on.

That is share given to employee as part of compensation package on top of general income.

Thaksin kids bought the share from his father at 1 Baht. It was was given to his kid as part of a compensation package.

You may argue where his kids gets the money to buy the share; it is obvious that his father gave them the money. There is nothing wrong giving money to your kids. It is not taxable in Thailand.

Many people avoided tax using loop holes. There is nothing wrong with that. Eg. Thai govt collect 15% on interest if interest for that year is >20,000 baht. So people divide they money and open multiple accounts under their children names, and each account earns below 20,000 Baht in interest.

It is obvious to the tax collector that children have no income, and only acts as a proxy for their parrents. There is nothing the law can do; unless your name is Thaksin.