Sondhi's Son Alleges "gestapo" Behind His Father's Assassination Attempt

mc2

Collusion between some police and some military is pretty much what I am hearing on the street, although this is the first time I have heard it where the ultimate road didn't lead back to Thaksin. Either way, it is going to be very messy in this city.

Tourism and the economy isn't anywhere on this group's agenda, at least not until they gain control of the country.

The Democrats and Thaksin will never look to each other due to a lack of trust. It has been this way before Thaksin ever entered politics.

It could have been a group like this, it may not, but if a PAD loyalist is willing to start pointing publicly the finger at the army and police, indeed there could be a very big problem. It will be interesting to see if the so called investigation manages to produce and hard and firm names within the police and army connected to this assassination.

Statements like this only serve to show how incredibly divided the country really is and how avaricious all parties involved in the solution really are. Most worryingly, who needs to smuggle arms into the country, when more than enough may be already freely available to those making a power play.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM urges political parties to propose charter amendments

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Sunday called on every political party to propose charter changes they want made, within two weeks.

During his weekly Sunday television talk Abhisit invited all political parties to determine which articles of the charter should be amended, with proposals to be submitted within fortnight.

The proposed amendment will then be presented to society for approval, before being included in the charter, he said.

Some politicians are dissatisfied with an article in the current charter which provides for the dissolution of a party if its leader or executive member engages in electoral fraud. Four parties have been dissolved under the terms of this article.

He said political blunders must be separated from criminal charges," he said, apparently referring to former PM Thaksin Shinawatra who is convicted of corruption and abuse of power and is sentenced to 2 years in prison.

He added the ongoing shutdown of community radio stations will continue against those having instigated unrest and have called on the public to commit unlawful acts.

- THE NATION -

PM urges political parties to propose charter amendments

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Sunday called on every political party to propose charter changes they want made, within two weeks.

During his weekly Sunday television talk Abhisit invited all political parties to determine which articles of the charter should be amended, with proposals to be submitted within fortnight.

The proposed amendment will then be presented to society for approval, before being included in the charter, he said.

Some politicians are dissatisfied with an article in the current charter which provides for the dissolution of a party if its leader or executive member engages in electoral fraud. Four parties have been dissolved under the terms of this article.

He said political blunders must be separated from criminal charges," he said, apparently referring to former PM Thaksin Shinawatra who is convicted of corruption and abuse of power and is sentenced to 2 years in prison.

He added the ongoing shutdown of community radio stations will continue against those having instigated unrest and have called on the public to commit unlawful acts.

- THE NATION -

"Political blunders must be separated from criminal charges." I love it, this man is at last proving to have some true political elegance. Find a way to rehabilitate the banned TRT people whilst keeping Thaksin at bay. It will take a massive amount of horse trading to get it done, but what a carrot to put in front of every dodgy politican's nose to make them march to his beat.

The puppet appears to be cutting his strings one by one. He may yet get this country back to some kind of normality step by step. This is the first baby step.

Very nasty and dark stuff, but I hate to say that it makes sense in many ways, it does explain a lot of things.

This explains why the army and the police didn't act against the yellow shirts and again against the red shirts at the Asean summit. It also explains why when the army initially went into BKK, it was not issue weapons and ammunition by orders of the armed forces chief of stuff General Anupong and only when Abhisit decreed the state of emergency and set up his own separate command chain to do the crackdown and brought new army units from outside BKK (and this time with weapons), then he was able to get this done, he had bypassed the army chief, which by the way, he had a very long face during the Abhisit television appearances. A nasty plot indeed, quite dark for thailand, again, hate to say it, but it does make sense.

For those of us that went against the knee jerk reaction to blame the "redshirts" this comes as a vindication of our opinions n'est ce pas?

In fact if this plays out how I presume it is, it wouldn't be overtly stupid to say that Abhisit may have to look to Thaksin for some help out of this mess. We will see.

I think you are right. Sometimes the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend of convenience.

Let me puke! All of us know that there is a fascist axis (incl. high ranking military officers) which prevents Abhisit to make the reconciliation inside Thailand and instigates the war against this peaceful Cambodia. My feeling is that the fascist axis takes Abhisit in hostage only, I don't think they are disgusting enough to hire killer men.

A reasonable conclusion, although I wouldn't call them faciast. Perhaps folks that want to make personal profit is more appropriate. In Cambodia now, the former Khmer Rouge cadres are the ones with the big houses, cars and lavish lifestyles. Commie, faciast whatever you want to call them, they are all greedy little despots looking to make a quick profit. As for hiring a hit man, no need to when it's now the military providing the PM's personal security. I wouldn't want to be the PM and have to wonder which one of my body guards was going to follow the Indira Ghandi bullet to the back of the head path. I have not been a fan of the PM, but the poor fellow doesn't need or deserve this. He is a decent man trying to do the right thing in the midst of people on all sides of the spectrum trying to bring him down. I wonder how much longer he can take the stress.

The fact that the Red's weren't fingered right away as being behind it surprised me. It seemed like a rather bold and well planned plot to be in their arsenal--especially since they had just finished their protest (which seemed to end rather abruptly for some reason and I don't think it was the fear of violence). Most likely there may be something to this and I am not much of a conspiracy theorist.

Unfortunately, there were alot of people in TV very quick to point the finger at the Redshirts. As I stated previously, one mustn't let personal bias blind the analysis. This is just the prelude to a night of the long knives. Too bad some of these bigmouthes don't post and admit that there conclusions were biased.

This is about getting their coalition partners out of red cars while keeping as many from the opposition from the amnesty as possible. Smells Newin all over.

Or if the banned one are in the game again, than they don't need Thaksin anymore.

So maybe an idea to split them from Thaksin.

For sure not an elegant idea. It is possible to discuss if it is right to ban them or if it is wrong.

But pardon them as a tactical move is for sure wrong.

The fact that the Red's weren't fingered right away as being behind it surprised me. It seemed like a rather bold and well planned plot to be in their arsenal--especially since they had just finished their protest (which seemed to end rather abruptly for some reason and I don't think it was the fear of violence).

Most likely there may be something to this and I am not much of a conspiracy theorist.

I was told that essential supplies including food had been blocked. Going without somtam can be life threatening...

Reconciliation my a55.

Thaksin is a guilty criminal on the run and his zombies also accept to deny this en masse.

No mercy for traitors, looks what state Thailand is in with it's endless forgiveness for criminals, pardons, transfers to inactive posts, etc. where nothing is ever learned but that you are still free and can keep on going with your previous business, popular with the reds and the banned 111 for example.

Jittanart Limthongkul, Sondhi's only son, said tonight that a "Gestpo state" is being formed as the base for a new political force that's "as bad as the red shirts.""A new form of war is emerging -- it's being launched by the collusion of certain police and military officers. They are plotting a new coup. It is said that a minister, who is said to be involved in the attempted assassination of a privy councillor, is actively behind this new exercise," Jittanart said in a "phone-in" from Bangkok to a concert in Phuket organized by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

He said this group of plotters was employing "assassins" to hunt down those they consider their enemies.

He added that they are creating conditions for the dissolution of the House -- so that the police and military officers involved would dominate the political scene.

"The red-shirts can suddenly turn blude shirts. This plot has many levels. They wanted to make Sondhi Limthongkul and Chanchai Likhitjitta (privy councillor) their sacrifical lambs...."

Sondhi's son said the incident at the Interior Ministry last week when Premier Abhisit Vejjajiva came under attack had been planned "to kill the prime minister -- and put the blame on the red-shirts."

Jittinart said this "new power group" is putting up military barrier on the outer ring to prevent Thaksin Shinawatr from returning while blocking Premier Abhisit with an inner ring. He said: "The people like us must be united and don't let them hold us hostage."

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/ThaiTalk/2009/04/18/entry-2

It makes sense..Scary :D

Indeed scary and for those of you who don't know for what the German word "Gestapo" stands for - here is the meaning "Secret State Police"

Addition: GESTAPO was the most feared police during the Nazi reign of terror in Germany 1933-1945

Yawnnnnnn. How interesting. :o

Collusion between some police and some military is pretty much what I am hearing on the street,

Yeah. Right. Sure.

although this is the first time I have heard it where the ultimate road didn't lead back to Thaksin. Either way, it is going to be very messy in this city.

Seriously doubt that............but there again, that might be what you are hearing "on the street". :o

And I would take anything posted on a blog with a truckload of salt unless you KNOW that they are trustworthy from previous postings.

There is a lot of people with a lot of different reasons to start pointing fingers and cause issues.

Reconciliation my a55.

Thaksin is a guilty criminal on the run and his zombies also accept to deny this en masse.

No mercy for traitors, looks what state Thailand is in with it's endless forgiveness for criminals, pardons, transfers to inactive posts, etc. where nothing is ever learned but that you are still free and can keep on going with your previous business, popular with the reds and the banned 111 for example.

Anyway ban from politics for 5 year, what kind of punishment is that?????

5 year in jail would be a punishment.

Lawyer asks court to order release of 3 red-shirted leaders

A lawyer yesterday asked the Criminal Court to order the release of Veera Musigapong, Natthawut Saikua and Weng Tojitrakan, saying their detention under the emergency decree was illegal.

The lawyer, Kharom Polthaklang, told the court that the decree had not been approved by the Cabinet within 3 days as required by the law so the decree should be annulled so the three's detention under the decree became illegal.

The court has yet to schedule when to review the complaint.

- THE NATION -

And I would take anything posted on a blog with a truckload of salt unless you KNOW that they are trustworthy from previous postings.

There is a lot of people with a lot of different reasons to start pointing fingers and cause issues.

Its a translation from Thai, from the manager online website owned by Sondhi himself. So, i take the source as reliable, and I expect the allegations by Sondhis son to be confirmed and elaborated by Sondhi himself when he is recovered.

Its a translation from Thai, from the manager online website owned by Sondhi himself. So, i take the source as reliable, and I expect the allegations by Sondhis son to be confirmed and elaborated by Sondhi himself when he is recovered.

Why do you have Thaksin as your avatar?

If you do because you support him, then I see why you would defer to agreeing as you stated above... right?

I have heard on Thai news that people will and are being arrested for posting anti government comments on blogs and internet.

So I would advise caution before posting political opinions on TV in the future unless they are pro government.

Good luck!

Reconciliation my a55.

Hi Tony, hope your move back to Canada (?) went well and we can expect some Photoshopped satire from your skillfull repertoire in the coming months/years. I miss having a chortle at the Ai Maew and Mak inspired creations we came to know and love on TV. :o

Sondhi's son could do well to learn how to express his thoughts clearly. It sounds as though he's trying to say there are other forces (police / military) besides the Red Shirts who want to take over the reigns of power by violent means. I agree (with previous poster) that Abhisit should tighten up his security, and ensure he has adept and trustworthy guards on hand.

Collusion between some police and some military is pretty much what I am hearing on the street, although this is the first time I have heard it where the ultimate road didn't lead back to Thaksin. Either way, it is going to be very messy in this city.

Tourism and the economy isn't anywhere on this group's agenda, at least not until they gain control of the country.

The Democrats and Thaksin will never look to each other due to a lack of trust. It has been this way before Thaksin ever entered politics.

The logical results of Thaksin chess playing with the police and military lists.

They watched him doing this and it got them thinking of a day like we have now.

They no doubt decided to cut him off at the past.

When you see an enemy making plans to take you out of the picture do you :

A ) Just sit and watch until his plans are completed and you are hanging from a tree,

B ) Stop that enemy from completing plans early and this stall the your own end untill later on

or forever.

Thaksin brought all this trouble on himself from greed and power-madness.

He is not the only one wanting power of course, but the things we see moving and shaking today,

and creatures of Dr. T. more than any one other source.

BURNING ISSUE

Two issues Abhisit must deal with immediately

By Avudh Panananda

The Nation

Published on April 21, 2009

The future of Thai politics hinges on how well Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva addresses two key issues related to the Songkran mayhem.

The first issue is how to stop the no-holds-barred struggle in which politicians do not draw the line at parliamentary means, but rather mobilise supporters to fight in the streets.

The second issue is how to dismantle the propaganda campaign designed and used by red shirts and yellow shirts alike to rouse the crowds.

Political normalcy will remain an elusive goal so long as these two issues persist.

It is evident the red-shirt rally counted on ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra as its main attraction.

MPs from the Pheu Thai Party and former lawmakers from two disbanded parties - Thai Rak Thai and People Power - encouraged their constituents from the North and Northeast to take part in the street protests.

If Thaksin is the fire triggering the mayhem, then the significant number of opposition lawmakers is the oxygen feeding the inferno.

The first step in fire-fighting is cutting off the oxygen.

Abhisit and the Democrats ought to map out a practical way to pacify past and present lawmakers who back the red shirts.

When the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) led street protests by the yellow shirts, the pro-Thaksin camp cried foul and pinned the blame on the Democrats for condoning non-parliamentary means.

Although there was no proof of Democrat Party involvement in the PAD-led movement, a number of yellow shirts were found to have come from Democrat strongholds.

Some Pheu Thai MPs and banned Thai Rak Thai Party executives, totalling no more than 30, have been openly active in mobilising the red shirts.

The yellow-shirt rally culminated in the seizure of two Bangkok airports late last year, while the red-shirt crowd caused the collapse of the summit of Asian leaders in Pattaya and triggered riots around Bangkok.

Even though the rival camps are passionate about their respective stands, the outcome seems to have hurt society and inflicted untold damage rather than advanced democracy.

Politicians of all stripes must understand that the mayhem will descend into a bottomless pit if they keep on manipulating the rules instead of playing by them.

Abhisit is on the right track in trying to wipe the slate clean by concurrently pushing for political reform and amnesty for political offences.

But this is not enough to end the political animosity. If Abhisit looks closely at the aberrations fuelled by Pheu Thai MPs, he may discover that opposition lawmakers see themselves as cornered by the Newin Chidchob-Democrat alliance.

The key to dispelling such a perception is to work out an accommodation for the opposition and the coalition to thrive together without suspicion that one is gaining at the expense of the other.

The political turmoil is partly attributed to the propaganda churned out by the yellow shirts and the red shirts.

If normalcy is to be restored, then the environment must be conducive for people to make an informed decision instead of being bombarded by disinformation that clouds their judgement.

The yellow shirts and the red shirts owe it to society to fight fair by dismantling the propaganda machine.

The rival camps are free to pursue their respective aspirations, but they do not have the right to brainwash society.

If Thaksin has crossed the line by trying to politicise the monarchy and the Privy Council in order to rouse the crowds, then PAD founder Sondhi Limthongkul is equally shameful in using his gun attack as propaganda to stir up confusion.

Thaksin and his cohorts have made a number of wild allegations without any evidence backing them up. Sondhi, his son Jittanart and PAD co-leaders have also presented no evidence to substantiate their claim of a conspiracy theory on Sondhi's life.

The dust will never settle if the rival camps continue to propagandise.

- THE NATION -

Reconciliation my a55.

Apparently 5 years with 'snout removed from the trough',

is thought to be a pretty good punishment in LOS.

David Icke - has forcasted most of what is happening, politicaly and economicaly, around the world today.

When he is talking about shape shifting lizards - then you have to think a little outside the box to understand. Think 4 by 2s

Someone who might be interested in the above statement:

http://bangkok.mfa.gov.il

Regards.

As I make clear this is David Ickes assertation - not mine. Try to google the key links for yourself to see what he is thought to suggest. It is mostly a group of ham shanks who make this claim. Oops their I go again with my cockney ryming slang.

Ps you protest too much. By your posts you seem to be a racist - anti Thai. A white farmer making a living in Thailand, yet hate your host. Umm, what sort of insect does that. Oh, yes a parasite.

Yes! the penny drops as to your percieved indignation - you sure fit the bill :o

I'm really sick of this stupid talk about 'shadowy hands' and 'third hands' and 'hidden forces', 'forces beyond the constitution' and today we also have the 'gestapo'. If people don't have the BALLS to name people then shut up!!

Edited by Crushdepth

Reconciliation my a55.

Apparently 5 years with 'snout removed from the trough',

is thought to be a pretty good punishment in LOS.

5 year jail and banned from politics forever would be what I have in mind.

I don't know what the punishment in European countries is. Anyone know?

Reconciliation my a55.

Hi Tony, hope your move back to Canada (?) went well and we can expect some Photoshopped satire from your skillfull repertoire in the coming months/years. I miss having a chortle at the Ai Maew and Mak inspired creations we came to know and love on TV. :D

Move went sort of well but a good 6 months in and yet not everything is everything is settled, takes about a year...

A knee has also given up along the way.

Haven't reinstalled Photoshop since, eventually I will.

The avatar works in the meantime. :o

post-16522-1240280754.gif

Blast from the past.

Click on pic for animation

post-16522-1240280971_thumb.png

Edited by Tony Clifton

I have heard on Thai news that people will and are being arrested for posting anti government comments on blogs and internet.

Please elaborate with as many specifics for this source of information and what exactly was said by them.

I've not seen or heard anything of this sort myself.

Edited by sriracha john

I'm really sick of this stupid talk about 'shadowy hands' and 'third hands' and 'hidden forces', 'forces beyond the constitution' and today we also have the 'gestapo'. If people don't have the BALLS to name people then shut up!!

Or at least comply with the quirky, yet ubiquitous, Thai tradition of providing a name's first initial.