Cassava Good Or Bad?

Hi folks.

my casava crop is now 1 year old, and looking very good!! hope to have between 6-10 ton for 1 rai. however!! the goverment quota was set at 2baht a kg, quota now closed. people are still waiting for there money 3months on!! major prob for some poorer farmers!!price has dropped near chaiyaphum to 1.15baht 1 kg!!! wife tells me its because the gov stopped producing bio-fuel. thaskins idea??

Has anyone got an insight into whats happening? What is the selling price of cassava around thai? Now fuel prices are rising again! Will the gov produce bio again?

Re-thinking now, looking at planting tagu or tagoo trees, but unable to find web page in english, my wifes english is not very good bless her, i cant read thai. would be greatful for any info.

many thanks Gary

I would think you will not get more than 2bht the price has completely dropped out, a lot of the farmers in our area gave up on the crop when the prices dropped out not even bothering to harvest. For one rai you will be very lucky to make any profit. We had 5 rai which I was quite happy to lose and learn from but the wife ended up getting 4.5bht dried for animal feed, so she ended up doing that. There's a very good pinned post in the farming section about cassava which is worth the read. At the ended of the day cassava isn't the pot of gold that everybody thought it would be.

wonder what hubby's parents are doing as they mostly only do cassava (korat)... next time he calls, i will ask... as he just arrived there yesterday... they grow their own rice for food, and cassava for the factory outside korat....

bina

israel

wonder what hubby's parents are doing as they mostly only do cassava (korat)... next time he calls, i will ask... as he just arrived there yesterday... they grow their own rice for food, and cassava for the factory outside korat....

bina

israel

The government price support has been restored as of now, check your province’s quota and hurry up and pick & sell.

If you have 30 % starch, 2.8 baht /kilo.

Probably will not last, don’t sit on your behinds !

Hi soidog2

Can you explain exactly how to get the goverment price. Do you need a contract and with who and what are the conditions or can you just turn up at the buyers yard and get that price.

Please give as much detail as possible as I am going to be harvesting 15 rai in the next few weeks.

Steve

bina

israel

The government price support has been restored as of now, check your province's quota and hurry up and pick & sell.

If you have 30 % starch, 2.8 baht /kilo.

Probably will not last, don't sit on your behinds !

Thanks soidog, ihope quota is open here again? will check now. where are u?