Keeping Cool In The Hot Season

chiangmaioldhand

Only end up needing the aircon when shagging.

For those that don't know how to shag, try this web-site.

http://www.goshagging.com/How_To_Shag.htm

Very popular in Carolina, I believe.

The Tams had a couple of hit songs about it ...

'There ain't nothing like shagging' and 'My baby sure can shag'

but my favoutite was by The Showmen 'Shagging the night away'.

Classics!!!

By the way, does anybody know any good places for Shagging in Chiang Mai?

Edited by chiangmaioldhand

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the aircon in the bedroom set at a comfortable 26'c, the living room without any central aircon becomes a blistering hot oven at 38-39'c. So each time i stepped out of the bedroom to get something ie from the fridge, it becomes quite uncomfortable.

Maybe i need to install an airconditioner unit in the living room too? Any novel ideas besides that?

Cheers!

With the aircon in the bedroom set at a comfortable 26'c, the living room without any central aircon becomes a blistering hot oven at 38-39'c. So each time i stepped out of the bedroom to get something ie from the fridge, it becomes quite uncomfortable.

Maybe i need to install an airconditioner unit in the living room too? Any novel ideas besides that?

Cheers!

Since the way we lead our life makes the living room a place of the daytime and the bedroom a nightime place, I would consider moving the aircon out into the living room where you, umm, live.

We keep our living space at a comfortable temp then, a couple of hours before bedtime, use a standard floor fan to direct the coolness of the living room in thru the bedroom door to bring it down to a reasonable temp. Then we turn off the aircon and use windows & fan to cool the bedroom since, even in this peak heat season, the outside nigthttime temps are quite pleasant.

each time i stepped out of the bedroom to get something ie from the fridge, it becomes quite uncomfortable.

Cheers!

Move the fridge to the bedroom.

Since the way we lead our life makes the living room a place of the daytime and the bedroom a nightime place, I would consider moving the aircon out into the living room where you, umm, live.

We keep our living space at a comfortable temp then, a couple of hours before bedtime, use a standard floor fan to direct the coolness of the living room in thru the bedroom door to bring it down to a reasonable temp. Then we turn off the aircon and use windows & fan to cool the bedroom since, even in this peak heat season, the outside nigthttime temps are quite pleasant.

It's a 12K BTU unit in the bedroom, but i will probably need a 20K BTU unit in the living room, so i cant really move it.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting idea to blow cool air from the living rm into the bedrm door.

During the cool season, the outside temperature drops quickly in the evening, but during this hot season, the outside nighttime temps become slightly more pleasant usually after 9-10pm.

Move the fridge to the bedroom.

Maybe i could get a mini-fridge & put it in the bedroom? :o

Or maybe i could move the microwave oven, book shelf & just about everything else that i need into the bedroom & hibernate there. And the bedroom will becomes like a crowded studio apartment. :D)