Rocky's Coffee Connection

puchooay

Just got back from an early morning jaunt into town and popped in to the now open Coffee Connection.

Have known Rocky for a little while now. He's a good bloke and makes you feel welcome. The place itself is nicely laid out with tables and chairs and some nice sofas if you want to just sit and drink and chat. The place is also very clean and tidy.

When I say "drink and chat" please note that Rocky is not serving alcohol. In my opinion he doesn't need to.

I had a latte coffee to start. Very nice. I had intended only to "pop in" and I was about to leave when my 7 year old daughter noticed the ice cream menu. She chose a strawberry sundae type thingy.Something that would probably cost me over 100 baht in Swensens. So while I was waiting I chose to drink an iced peach tea. What a taste bud tickler that is. Absolutely lovely.

All in all a very nice place and great value for money. I didn't eat while I was there but did notice the menu. I won't spoil things too much........ I recommend anybody in the vicinity to pop in and look for yourself. Well worth it. Have noticed, on the Buriram get together post, mention of meeting up there on Monday. Go and have a look. You won't be dissapointed.

By the way my total bill was only 84 baht.

Well done and Good Luck Rocky.

I also dropped in for lunch today. Glad I did :D

Rocky had a "Todays Special" that I tried. Beef or Pork steak / chips or mash / vegies and a delicious mushroom gravy. 79 Baht !!!

I also took notice of his menu for Thai food. Nothing over 30 Baht. Good move that :D

BIG BREKKY 140 Bht is a bargain... and the soon to start... pie peas chips and gravy at 120 Bht is fantastic value.

The service from all the staff was top class considering, that for most of them, it was their first experience in serving Farang customers.

The shop is clean cool and well laid out.

Good job Rocky and Co.

A breath of fresh air for Buriram :o

I also dropped in for lunch today. Glad I did :D

Rocky had a "Todays Special" that I tried. Beef or Pork steak / chips or mash / vegies and a delicious mushroom gravy. 79 Baht !!!

I also took notice of his menu for Thai food. Nothing over 30 Baht. Good move that :D

BIG BREKKY 140 Bht is a bargain... and the soon to start... pie peas chips and gravy at 120 Bht is fantastic value.

The service from all the staff was top class considering, that for most of them, it was their first experience in serving Farang customers.

The shop is clean cool and well laid out.

Good job Rocky and Co.

A breath of fresh air for Buriram :D

Hey Thai Chi

Get to the point, were there any girlies in there? :o

TBWG :D

TBWG...

I went for the food and to check the place out. Thats all.

If there where any attractive young women / girls onsite, I didnt notice.

And as a happily married man, why would I :D

Thai Chi :o

PS: Wife is in the room......see you monday :D

Concur, guys it is a very nice place for coffee and a little lunch or afternoon snack, yes the young ladies are very attracted, but the service was above PAR on my visit. Hats OFF to the Staff and Management at Rocky Coffee Connection. :D:D:o:D

Nice to see everyone is in agreement. As Bigsnake said it's a good place for coffee,lunch or an afternoon snack. Maybe somewhare serving beer for the evening!!!

Torrenova: Say you were at V Mart heading in towards Buriram town. About 100 yards before the traffic lights (left to bus station and straight on for city hall) Rocky's is on the left. Big orange sign over the door "Coffee Connection". Actually opposite the main entrance for the Uni.

Nice to see everyone is in agreement. As Bigsnake said it's a good place for coffee,lunch or an afternoon snack. Maybe somewhare serving beer for the evening!!!

Torrenova: Say you were at V Mart heading in towards Buriram town. About 100 yards before the traffic lights (left to bus station and straight on for city hall) Rocky's is on the left. Big orange sign over the door "Coffee Connection". Actually opposite the main entrance for the Uni.

Hi Bums

The helicopters having an MOT so I need to find this place by road tomorrow.

As asked before, has anyone an address or any directions/landmarks (sorry no idea what a V Mart is)

Dave

Dave, the easiest (and possibly shortest) way to Rockys from Surin would be:

Head to Buriram as usual on the 226 Hwy. Instead of following the road all the way into town, turn left (proper T intersection, you are on the main road) pass the Pitt petrol station (LHS) Big Coffe cup sign (RHS) I think the sign says KHAO KRADONG FOREST PARK. This turnoff is about 10 Klms from Buriram Town. Follow this road up over the hill and down to a set of traffic lights at a crossroad. Go straight ahead (when the light turns green) 4 klms on you will come to another set of lights. Turn right. (left is to nanrong, straight ahead is to lamplimat) You are now on the road that leads to Rockys. Hwy 218. Things to look out for as you traverse the last 6 Klms of your trip...RHS...Chevrolet dealer followed by the Ford dealer....Mackro....Big C...Major intersection with lights. Go straight ahead. LHS....Homemart...Vmart shopping centre...disused railway tracks (left right and under you) Big Yamaha bike shop....nearly there....you will see the next set of traffic lights way before you hit them. Rockys is on the left about 100 mtrs before them.

See you tomorrow :o

Dave, the easiest (and possibly shortest) way to Rockys from Surin would be:

Head to Buriram as usual on the 226 Hwy. Instead of following the road all the way into town, turn left (proper T intersection, you are on the main road) pass the Pitt petrol station (LHS) Big Coffe cup sign (RHS) I think the sign says KHAO KRADONG FOREST PARK. This turnoff is about 10 Klms from Buriram Town. Follow this road up over the hill and down to a set of traffic lights at a crossroad. Go straight ahead (when the light turns green) 4 klms on you will come to another set of lights. Turn right. (left is to nanrong, straight ahead is to lamplimat) You are now on the road that leads to Rockys. Hwy 218. Things to look out for as you traverse the last 6 Klms of your trip...RHS...Chevrolet dealer followed by the Ford dealer....Mackro....Big C...Major intersection with lights. Go straight ahead. LHS....Homemart...Vmart shopping centre...disused railway tracks (left right and under you) Big Yamaha bike shop....nearly there....you will see the next set of traffic lights way before you hit them. Rockys is on the left about 100 mtrs before them.

See you tomorrow :o

There used to be another Farang bar/restaurant there about 5/6years ago didn't there?

Hi Bums

Dave

Dave

It's a wee bit further to Buriram than Prasat. Suggest you allow 20 minutes!

Boy, you guys are really bad on directions. It's 20 minutes alone from surin to Prasat. I live in Korat, so too far for me, unless I'm passing through one day. I was in Prasat on monday, and looked for Gary's place. We were going to have lunch, but followed the directions on this forum, and still couldn't find it.

Barry

Hi Bums

Dave

Dave

It's a wee bit further to Buriram than Prasat. Suggest you allow 20 minutes!

Boy, you guys are really bad on directions. It's 20 minutes alone from surin to Prasat. I live in Korat, so too far for me, unless I'm passing through one day. I was in Prasat on monday, and looked for Gary's place. We were going to have lunch, but followed the directions on this forum, and still couldn't find it.

Barry

Hi Barry.

You've hooked on to something of an in-joke here. Dave reckons he can do Surin to Prasat in 10 mins hence the helicoptor reference. Buriram is around twice the distance from Surin to Prasat, which explains the 20 minute suggestion.

Gary's is easy to find. Coming from Korat, turn right off the 24 at the Prasat traffic lights going towards Kap Choeng. After about 100 yards/metres, turn right into the area containing shop houses. Go the the 2nd row, turn right (as if going back to the 24) and Gary's is just down on the right.

• 3 months later...
This is an old post now and slightly off the original subject but thought I would just mention that I popped in to Rocky's the other day for a "breakfast"(it was one thirty in the afternoon). Soon changed my mind when I noticed pie,chips,peas and gravy for 130 baht. Great.

Hi

I popped into see Rocky today and think you should have had the Big Breakfast YAALaff. 2 sausages,2 eggs,2toast,2 toms,bacon,beanz & chips plus Tea or Coffee. ALL FOR ONLY 140b.

It was nice to hear custom is picking up for them there as its such a friendly place.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Forgot to ask about the availability of Peach Tea for TMWG :):D

Dave

"Gary's is easy to find. Coming from Korat, turn right off the 24 at the Prasat traffic lights going towards Kap Choeng. After about 100 yards/metres, turn right into the area containing shop houses. Go the the 2nd row, turn right (as if going back to the 24) and Gary's is just down on the right."

I was on the way back to Surin from Kap Cheown last week and decided to call into Gary's bar at Prasat. To my surprise, the shutters were drawn and the place was closed. The signs outside the shop, in Thai, indicated that the place was up for sale (translated by my wife). Can anyone confirm what is going on?

"Gary's is easy to find. Coming from Korat, turn right off the 24 at the Prasat traffic lights going towards Kap Choeng. After about 100 yards/metres, turn right into the area containing shop houses. Go the the 2nd row, turn right (as if going back to the 24) and Gary's is just down on the right."

I was on the way back to Surin from Kap Cheown last week and decided to call into Gary's bar at Prasat. To my surprise, the shutters were drawn and the place was closed. The signs outside the shop, in Thai, indicated that the place was up for sale (translated by my wife). Can anyone confirm what is going on?

There is a unit to the left of Gary's and inbetween Harley's bar. Its ferang owned and Gary has the use of the concreted seating area outside.

I think(but not sure) it would be that unit up for sale.

And this relates to Rocky's in Buriram, how???? :):D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

just to get back on topic I feel I should mention Rocky's pancake.

At 45 Baht for a banana and syrup-filled pancake with 2 scoops of ice cream I defy you to find better value. Take a friend and ask for an extra spoon :)

just to get back on topic I feel I should mention Rocky's pancake.

At 45 Baht for a banana and syrup-filled pancake with 2 scoops of ice cream I defy you to find better value. Take a friend and ask for an extra spoon :)

They are good, Ive had the delight in tucking into them too.

Dave

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update about Rockys Coffee Connection.

Rocky has now changed his opening hours. He is now open from 9AM to 9PM. Monday to Saturday.

He has also extended the menu and made both beer and good quality wine available.

His already extensive list of coffee has been added to with Jamacian Irish and Mexican available :)

The same airconditioned relaxing atmosphere, with attractive and attentive staff remains.

The book exchange is still in place, and he is now selling the BEST bread available in Buriram (from Muang Pizza shop) No mark up on the price and convienient if you are in there.