Online Trading Platforms In Thailand

Does anyone know of any online trading platforms available in Thailand ?

I am specifically interested in Forex trading and commodities.

Hi,

the best online trading platform for Forex is with Interactive Brokers. IB is an direct access platform (no trading desk that can trade against you).

IB has offices in Hong Kong, USA, and Europe. With them you actually get the delivery of the currency. I use IB for all my daytradings in Forex

and Futures. The account opening is $10,000 which is high, but you can be 100 % sure that nobody from your Broker is trading against you and

does Stop Loss hunting. Unfortunately, Forex is an unregulatated market and many retail brokers like (Forex.com) trade in a big way against you

to get your money. IB only earns the commission from you and offers the realtime interbank spread. This means it is variable depending on the

volatility at the moment. If you do not have so much money to invest, the best retail automated broker is Oanda (Oanda.com)

Hi,

the best online trading platform for Forex is with Interactive Brokers. IB is an direct access platform (no trading desk that can trade against you).

IB has offices in Hong Kong, USA, and Europe. With them you actually get the delivery of the currency. I use IB for all my daytradings in Forex

and Futures. The account opening is $10,000 which is high, but you can be 100 % sure that nobody from your Broker is trading against you and

does Stop Loss hunting. Unfortunately, Forex is an unregulatated market and many retail brokers like (Forex.com) trade in a big way against you

to get your money. IB only earns the commission from you and offers the realtime interbank spread. This means it is variable depending on the

volatility at the moment. If you do not have so much money to invest, the best retail automated broker is Oanda (Oanda.com)

e

I've heard several people say what you say about Oanda, so they must be good. Personally, I ended up going to FXCM. I think Oanda's charts aren't very good and their "Trades in Progress" (to thickies like me) are in Martian. But the biggest turn off for me was that they rejected my passport twice and driving license once which I sent on the internet. The first passport was too dark and the second was too light. The driving license was also too light. After that I gave up, I was getting internet fatigue. I felt as though it was me trying to win their business rather than the other way around. FXCM accepted the proof of identity documents first time.

I've heard people complain about FXCM, but then, I've heard people complain about all dealers. I personally am very happy with them, although that could change with time of course.

Hi,

e

I've heard several people say what you say about Oanda, so they must be good. Personally, I ended up going to FXCM. I think Oanda's charts aren't very good and their "Trades in Progress" (to thickies like me) are in Martian. But the biggest turn off for me was that they rejected my passport twice and driving license once which I sent on the internet. The first passport was too dark and the second was too light. The driving license was also too light. After that I gave up, I was getting internet fatigue. I felt as though it was me trying to win their business rather than the other way around. FXCM accepted the proof of identity documents first time.

I've heard people complain about FXCM, but then, I've heard people complain about all dealers. I personally am very happy with them, although that could change with time of course.

Thanks for the responses, but i am interested in Thai based brokers with platforms in Thai language. I found www.fxthai.com which covers the FX market, but cant find any others. Anyone know of any others ?

Hi,

I have used Interactive Brokers for several years for both forex and equities transactions. For me the execution is good, commissions low and their global range of equities suits my needs.

Their Trader Workstation platform is confusing to use at first but ok after you learn it. Their charting really sucks and i do not use. I have a demo forex account at a broker using the Metatrader 4 platform which I use for charts and trade on the IB platform.

In terms of trading platforms - Ninja Trader is probably the best free platform out there and has broker interfaces to IB.

I use the Tradestation platform - which is a great platform but needs a really good internet connection - the TRUE SME package does fine & I'm using 70 symbols (stocks, futures, indices) on the 3 automated trading strategies I run. You can trade Forex on Tradestation.

I also use Strategy Runner which is also a good platform - but I use that primarily for discretionary futures trading.

If you want to trade Forex, is there a reason you want to use a Thai broker ?

I understand that IB sem to be good in FX and options trading, how about equity and bond trades? Does anybody have a security account ith bonds/equities with them? Any experience on how thy handle dividend and intrest payments, corporat actions, etc?

A different posting asks for info about a Thai online broker for Thai equities, any clue?

THX guys

In terms of trading platforms - Ninja Trader is probably the best free platform out there and has broker interfaces to IB.

I use the Tradestation platform - which is a great platform but needs a really good internet connection - the TRUE SME package does fine & I'm using 70 symbols (stocks, futures, indices) on the 3 automated trading strategies I run. You can trade Forex on Tradestation.

I also use Strategy Runner which is also a good platform - but I use that primarily for discretionary futures trading.

If you want to trade Forex, is there a reason you want to use a Thai broker ?

Basically i am looking to teach some Thai people how to trade Forex and want to be able to introduce them to a Thai language based platform. www.fxthai.com is the only one that i have found so far, if anyone knows of any others i would appreciate it.

Thanks