Atm Charges For Withdrawals From Uk Account

WaldoPepper

I withdraw cash from ATMs with a UK Nationwide card linked to my current account with them. I used to use Siam Commercial until last summer, when they began to charge 30B for withdrawals. I switched to BKK Bank. This was free. Yesterday they asked for 150B (yes 150B) for a withdrawal. Can any one recommend a bank that does not charge for withdrawals from a UK account.

I withdraw cash from ATMs with a UK Nationwide card linked to my current account with them. I used to use Siam Commercial until last summer, when they began to charge 30B for withdrawals. I switched to BKK Bank. This was free. Yesterday they asked for 150B (yes 150B) for a withdrawal. Can any one recommend a bank that does not charge for withdrawals from a UK account.

See this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Banks-S...it-t255263.html

I think at present only Kasikorn is still free.

And Nationwide will apply their own charge from June, IIRC.

You can still draw up to 200,000THB over the counter at SCB for free.

See this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Banks-S...it-t255263.html

I think at present only Kasikorn is still free.

And Nationwide will apply their own charge from June, IIRC.

You can still draw up to 200,000THB over the counter at SCB for free.

phaethon - thanks for the heads up re Kasikorn, it's useful to know that they are not charging yet.

It felt like a double whammy being hit for B150 the other day whilst already knowing that Nationwide are also about to start applying charges soon.

Could you clarify the 200K over the counter info please - do you mean that this applies to Nationwide cards used at SCB?

Thanks,

JxP

Edited by JuniorExPat