Mri Scan In Chiang Mai Recommendations Please

bendyallen

I had an MRI of my abdomen at Chiang Mai Ram about 4 years ago. It wasn't cheap by Thai standards (nothing is at Ram), about 4000 Baht if I remember correctly, but at the time I decided it was worth it. And still FAR cheaper than in the US.

bendyallen.

i had an MRI Brain scan done at chiang mai ram after a mild stroke in october 07

i arrived there at 9 30 pm on a friday night and was on my way home at 11 00 .... all sorted / done in an hour and a half .

the cost of the scan alone was about 4000 baht and the total including seeing the doc , blood tests , medication for a month was about 6400 baht .

money well spent in my opinion and im still taking the tablets : )

good luck with the the neck .....dave2

ps ... while the scanner is working ( about 20 / 25 mins for a brain scan ) you have to keep 100 % perfectly still !

hi, i am in need of a MRI scan. can anyone recommend a good hospital and suggest the likely cost of the scan for the arteries in the neck.

thank you! :o

I elected to have an MRI done at Ram with no advanced notice and it was done immediately. I do not know how usual that is there, but definitely a "selling point" for me.

I take my MIL to Sripat and would guess, repeat guess, based on the number of people waiting until noon to see a doctor on a 9 am appointment, that you would have to schedule it several days out, at least.

with me having to have a hip. op soon, who is sripat, is that a hospital, doctor or what.

already have a quote fromram hospital, which is about half of what 'bangkok phuket hospitaal'have quoted