Bar girls

shopgurl

I'm sorry Benny if you think my posts are not substantial for your level of comprehension.  It seems that you have so much anger and hostility within you to be so aggravated by my post.....

I might have been wrong in generalizing--that I admit, but what substantiates views and opinions?  Do you need my detailed testimony about my personal encounters with my previous bfs?  Would that suffice?  And fyi I live in this city, and I know what I see and it's not generalized I swear, it's not from the bar scene, not the entertainment sois, but real people, these people being colleagues and friends.

But I guess individual viewpoints are not allowed anymore in this forum.....and it's posters like you that really make posting difficult with someone like you being disdainly judgmental about it.....

And one more thing about mentioning "thinking before I post", I'll have you know I take great interest in thinking about what I say in order to not to offend anyone or be disrespectful of others....or maybe I'm in the wrong forum.

I give up - don't have the energy! From now on I will make sure that I try abide by your description of the expat and I will explain to my colleagues and friends just how they should be behaving. (I am sure that their wives and children will understand).

I just noticed your edited post - your argument for being allowed to express an opinion is a valid one, and isn't that what we are both doing?

P.S I think that you are not quite getting the content of my previous posts - in no way am I interested in your past conquests!

p1p has it all figured out...fair play!

Its near impossible for a woman to come to terms with p4p (pay for pleasure) , its a waste of time trying to figure it out.

Don't lay all of the blame on the Western male though please.

Chonabot, thank you. I simply tried to answer the question as posed by shopgurl
I really would like to know what is the facination with bar girls.  .........

Is it the submissive nature of these women that allures foreign men, or am I wrong and that these relationships are really formed through a undescribable latent connection?  

She did not mention the Thai chauvinist attitude to their womenfolk, or their use and misuse of prostitutes here and elsewhere and it is not really relevant to the question she asked.

I stand by my opinion of the majority of those who regularly use and get hitched to bargirls as being somewhat socially inadequate. The men who take every holiday in Thailand for year after year do tend to have problems communicating. This is simply an observation, not a criticism. Local expatriates who frequent the bar scene do not necessarily have the same inadequacies but many suffer from the belief that every woman should fall on her back at the end of a first date. I have arranged several dates for lonely Farangs with decent local ladies and, on only one occasion has the date been successful and a true romance bloomed, because he was able to keep his hands to himself for a few days.

I make no apology but I am one of the silent majority, (probable), who do not visit the bars. This is for many reasons but most notably because I would never be taken seriously by the Thai society in which I have to move if I was seen to be patronising such places. I have lived in Thailand for much of my life; I was first here in 1961/2 and have been involved with Thai businesses and academia all my working life. My wife is Thai and a graduate of foreign schools and a foreign university. We have a vast advantage over the huge majority of bar girl wives with their foreign husbands in that we are able to communicate fluently with each other (in three languages). There have been very many occasions when I have had to act as an interpreter between a man and his wife to solve personal marital problems which would never have occurred if they had been able to communicate freely with each other without a third party intermediary.

I repeat again, I only make observations, not critique. So please take them as you find them.

Shopgurl, thank you for starting this thread,  it is fascinating to see peoples reactions. Do not get upset when some contributors fail to comprehend you. It is always their problem, not yours.

???  :o

Thank you p1p for sharing your experience and views.

This is exactly the post I was hoping for.  I wasn't trying to feed into any stereotypes or generalization.  I merely wanted, for the record, to set it straight that bar girls are not to be only looked at as a guaranteed fall on their back quickly, gullible, submissive or any adjective used to describe them in a wrongly way.  But from my observations (that's the word!!!!) in this general forum (no offence to any posters but just my observation), I see many discussing the topic of bar girls in relation to dowry, ex or current thai husbands that they may or maynot have, trust issues, how to get in contact, questioning whether to get in contact, etc...

But you know what....it's okay, I'm tired and I rather not know anymore.  Thank you all for your contributions and good night.

Definitley not submissive. There is a real difference between Asian women (born and raised) and Western women. It just so happens that many farang men will have a hard time meeting non-bar girls unless they are here for a long time and put forth the effort. I would think you could compare it to American woman liking European men, no?

Herald - thanks for sharing your experience and rest assured I'm not in the bar scene (or maybe I should reconsider?? hehe)

You are maybe one of those guys (needle in a haystack) that doesn't look to bar girls, not that I'm saying it's wrong to or not to.  But I believe the majority is, in the course of an expat's time here I believe that they do at one time or another enlist the company of a bar girl.  

Perhaps they do....perhaps they don't... quantify "majority"... 51%??? That still leaves 49% that don't :o

Frankly, I never found it a problem meeting non-BarGirl Thai women. I was introduced to many very nice women of all ages during my travels in Thailand.

To me...men/women that spend their lives hanging around bars are not the type of person I am particularly attracted too.

Therefore, I'm simply trying to better understand whether is this out of convenience or are decent girls (Thai girls) really hard to find?  Because it surely seems that the decent expats are hard to find,  

Probably you are correct...it is an easy way for them to have sex...and that is usually all they are looking for....not a relationship.

Frankly if you want to meet a nice Farang it is you that will have to make the effort. Do as I suggested...strike up a conversation with an interesting guy in your shop, on the bus, in the market...I'll bet you will find a decent one in no time.

What a strange analogy. Comparing a girl to a car. I don't know, I never heard of a "tight" engine. What is it ? care to explain.

Budterfly,

You really don't have much imagination do you?

A loose engine would be one that has worn out from overuse. IE. The piston has worn the inside of the cylinder so much that now the engine requires a rebore therefore making the chamber larger. Luckily in a car they can also replace the rings with oversize ones so that there is now a snug fit again.

So the analogy with you and your "tight" fitting bar girl is that you would have to wear an oversized condom.

Maybe one big enough to fit over your head.  :o   :D

A loose engine would be one that has worn out from overuse. IE. The piston has worn the inside of the cylinder so much that now the engine requires a rebore therefore making the chamber larger. Luckily in a car they can also replace the rings with oversize ones so that there is now a snug fit again.

It's Butterfly, can't you spell or did you forget to go to school ?

and btw how old are you son ?

Budterfly,

You really need things spelt out for you don't you?

I think maybe most of your blood is busy in places other than your (big) head. IE. Below your waist.

The miss-spelling of your name is because you remind me so much of Captain Bud Zumwalt.

As for my age, I'm old enough to have matured beyond living my life as guided by my penis. Something that I'm sure that you have not.

Budterfly,

You really need things spelt out for you don't you?

I think maybe most of your blood is busy in places other than your (big) head. IE. Below your waist.

The miss-spelling of your name is because you remind me so much of Captain Bud Zumwalt.

As for my age, I'm old enough to have matured beyond living my life as guided by my penis. Something that I'm sure that you have not.

yeah I can tell by the nature of your replies that you must be no more than 15

Keep up the good work with your 10th grade level analogy.