Beware Pickpocket Thieves - Songthaews

mooro_uk

Yesterday my gf and I came down to Pattaya for a short break from Bkk. Unfortunately our first songthaew trip was marred by someones trying to pickpocket not only myself but another female passenger. I believe there was a gang operating, consisting firstly of an overweight thai lady aged approximately 40. She had a young child with her, I believe used to distract passengers with her various antics. The actual "pickpocketer" was a another thai lady aged around mid 20s and looked rather rough. I would just like to warn other people travelling on these songthaews about these criminals. Luckily I was wary of these people as soon as they stepped onto the songthaew and didn't have anything stolen. But I clearly saw the younger rough looking lady trying to steal something from the bag of the other female passenger.

BEWARE!

Don't ride the Songthaews, but I would like to add also beware of the same Thieves that will do the bump and walk in a crowded shopping complex. Two Ladyboys try this trick on a buddy just recently, good for him he was alert/aware and caught those sticky little fingers on his wallet and cause this a little pain, need I say these two bad boys fled the scenc QUICKLY :D:)

Yesterday my gf and I came down to Pattaya for a short break from Bkk. Unfortunately our first songthaew trip was marred by someones trying to pickpocket not only myself but another female passenger. I believe there was a gang operating, consisting firstly of an overweight thai lady aged approximately 40. She had a young child with her, I believe used to distract passengers with her various antics. The actual "pickpocketer" was a another thai lady aged around mid 20s and looked rather rough. I would just like to warn other people travelling on these songthaews about these criminals. Luckily I was wary of these people as soon as they stepped onto the songthaew and didn't have anything stolen. But I clearly saw the younger rough looking lady trying to steal something from the bag of the other female passenger.

BEWARE!

I've seen this group operating many times. The bus drivers MUST realize what they are doing. :)

You can have your pockets picked anyway. Men should invest 20 baht to have one of the many sidewalk tailors sew a button onto the back pocket of their shorts/trousers/jeans.

..........or carry your wallet in a front pocket.

I carry my wallet in my front pocket. I always have and whatever country I'm in, I do the same.

I'm not saying people who carry their wallet in their back pocket deserve to be pick-pocketed but I consider them foolish.

On Baht Buses I'm always extra vigilant, not only for myself but for other fellow farangs. I don't like to see newbie drunken farangs in Baht buses get dipped by ugly khatooeys. (Pretty ones, O.K.).