Selling A House In Chiang Mai

Fynn

Can anyone tell me where or who to talk with about selling a house in Chiang Mai?

I have a 3 bedroom place which I am rattling around in and would prefer to sell it and get something smaller outside of town with maybe a bit more land for my dogs.

I just don't know where to start with selling it.

Anyone got any idea if it is better to sell privately or use an agent?

Many thanks.

Fynn

Thai visa classifieds, or www.jasminehomes.co.th is a good real estate agent.

Where's the house located and how much are you looking to get for it?

Hi Winnie.

Its in Pu Doi (not sure of the spelling on that)

Basically up the 1001 past Rimping Store and TMC (Thai Massage school).

Get to the lights, hang a right and then 500 yards take a left and your in Pu Doi village.

Mae Jo is like 5km further out.

Price wise I'm looking for 2.4 but to be honest I'd take less as I am getting short on funds.

Most of the houses in the area on similar size plots of land are up for 3.3+

Mine does need some work, floor downstairs could be retiled, Garden needs some TLC.

I could go as low as 2.25 maybe 2.2 at a push but that is leaving me with just enough to repay some debts and get something outside of town.

I'll check out Jasmin, I would rather bypass an agent if they charge a lot of commission and discount the price for the buyer to get a quick sale rather than put the price up to cover the commission and have to wait 4 months to sell.

If I had more money I'd finish doing the place up myself and put it up for 3.3m.

But as it stands I don't have it and I'm simply knackered and need a break from it.

You know how it gets sometimes.

Thanks for the advice Winnie.

Please use "Classifieds" (orange button, top of the page).

This has been a bit of a recurring theme recently in this down economy.

Lots of posts of items/homes/vehicles for sale on the forum.

While I have a great deal of sympathy for people who need to sell misc. items in these difficult times, the forum rules are quite clear.

I'm not taking a shot at this particular poster, and I wish him the best of luck in selling his home.

However, from now on when I see items for sale on this forum, with regret and sympathy....I will simply delete them. With no attached notes or explanation, as in this case.

Thank you for your understanding, and I urge all members to review the forum rules (top left of every page).