Power Plug & Mounts

Wonder if there are any Thai solutions or Thai shops offering these things on the cheap.

PKT-091-54-B_p_319_webl.jpg

It's 129 USD WITHOUT postage :D I'm also looking at mounts for a phone too. For bikes I'd think you'd pretty much need clip/bolt on as standard.

RAM-B-174U.JPGRAMHOLAQ2U.JPGramb202.jpg

This setup is under 70 USD but again the postage from the states would be pretty hefty :)

Edited by momosan

Ahh found the distributors in Thailand for the ram mounts. But still pretty expensive! 900 THB for just the cell phone holder/cradle alone. I think I might try getting of those cell phone holders for cars that has the suction cup to stick to the windscreen and modify it to be a bolt on. They're only about 200-300 THB on DX and seem to be of OK quality.

Edited by momosan

Ahh found the distributors in Thailand for the ram mounts. But still pretty expensive! 900 THB for just the cell phone holder/cradle alone. I think I might try getting of those cell phone holders for cars that has the suction cup to stick to the windscreen and modify it to be a bolt on. They're only about 200-300 THB on DX and seem to be of OK quality.

^Would that be Gadget Trend? Would love to know if there are any other retailers because GT is very pricey!

Wonder if there are any Thai solutions or Thai shops offering these things on the cheap.

PKT-091-54-B_p_319_webl.jpg

I had a dual 12V plug put in at a motorbike shop in the Pathumwan area in Bangkok on my motorbike, and the cost was only 400 baht. It isn't as fancy as this one, but it does the job for GPS and charging a mobile phone.

I bought the RAM mount from Gadget Trend, though a bit expensive, the quality is good and my GPS is securely attached.

Edited by BaliHai

I had a dual 12V plug put in at a motorbike shop in the Pathumwan area in Bangkok on my motorbike, and the cost was only 400 baht. It isn't as fancy as this one, but it does the job for GPS and charging a mobile phone.

I bought the RAM mount from Gadget Trend, though a bit expensive, the quality is good and my GPS is securely attached.

Very cheap! How/which area is it mounted? You think most shops by the side of the road could do it if asked?

Very cheap! How/which area is it mounted? You think most shops by the side of the road could do it if asked?

I had a powerplug mounted for free with my local shop. I just bought one of those chargers that simulate a powerplug and you can put in any outlet at home. They just put it on my bike on the side. It works great with my gps.

I have a mount from gadget trent. I must say expensive but worth the money. I had a cheaper one before but it dropped my gps (thank god no damage). I must say now with this mount i feel totally safe.