How's Life In Chiang Mai

standingroomonly

Allo everyone! how are we all??

I'm new on here and was just wondering what life is like in chiang mai is like at the moment,i will be arriving in Thailand on the 13th may will stay in bkk for a day or two then off the the place like alot of you call my second home.A few years ago the night life in chiang mai used to be top draw with the parties at randon places but since then i know things haven't been so good with just spicy being the place where most people go after hours,i don't know how you lot feel about it there but i have a mixed opinion,if your looking for an easy lay then it's the place to go but if your like me and you just want to have a dance and a chat there aren't too many more places to go,so my question to you lot is.... where is the place to party in chiang mai right now??? :)

Warmup, Monkey Club, The Cocktail Van (after midnight), UN Irish Pub, Fabrique, and tons of cute bars along Nimmanhaemin Road.

Thanks for the reply!! I have been to warm up many times but shuts at 1am i have to say that it's a really good night out there,my friend used to d.j in the small room but 1am in my opinion is far too early to close.I have been to the irish pub many times too mainly to watch the football.Bossy is also a good culb but also shuts at 2am or maybe even 1am now.I have never been to fabrique though,what is it like there?? Where do you normally go out?? and what about after hours i mean form 2am onwards is ther anywhere other than spicy to go to?? Thanxs!

I started a thread a few months ago about the new closing time of bars in Chiang Mai. The closing time USED to be 2AM, then it was changed to midnight... with a "bit" of flexibility. As far as I could determine the only place that stayed open after hours was Spicey, and that was because some policeman had some connection with the ownership. There were a number of good replies to my topic as well as the usual negative ones. There also was some mention of places where a younger Thai crowd hangs out, but I'm not familiar with many of them. Most of the older gang here have their own comfort level. They already have favorite places and know enough people with which to associate. Although I'm only a 5 month a year visitor in the winter I'm much the same as the expats here. I have my own group of select "Friends" and I don't really need to make any more connections.

Not knowing what really amuses you I can't be of any more assistance. Besides, if you've already been here before you already know the score. It only takes a few hours scouting around to find whatever you find comfortable with.

Life is alright here. Thanks for asking :)

life is only alright eh? thats pretty poor,not making the most of things then are we!

If you are looking for more than nice and alright please do not come here !!!!!!! There are other venues where you can get your rocks off. Your kind is not welcome here.

What do you mean, your kind is not welcome here? Are you speaking for yourself or on behalf of everyone else.

You’re just an arrogant snob.

Are you related to chiangmaioldhand who has a no riff raff sign on his door or maybe you are an old coffin dodger, well passed it.

And what’s wrong with as you describe, getting your rocks off. Life`s short make the most of it and jump down off that cross.

For nightlife, Chiang Mai is not what it used to be, most of what’s left are only remnants to how is was a few years ago, although it is around if you know where to look, but these days, expensive.

Good luck to the OP and if he wishes to get his rocks off or anything else for that matter, he can pm me. We can have a night of drinking, eating, behaving badly and debauchery out in the town.

Welcome to Chiang Mai, ole sport.

Are you related to Chiangmaioldhand who has a no riff raff sign on his door or maybe you are an old coffin dodger, well passed it.

Sassienie,

How do you know? Have you been trying to sneak in when I'm not there? :)

To the Op - sorry I can't help out too much with late night hot spots, but Chiang Mai is still a great place to be. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

From the little I know, Rasta bar seems pretty busy these days and there seems to be a new night club that stays open late near the old President Hotel.

Thank you to everyone whose sent serious replys thats all i was asking for in the first plcae!

As it goes i've lived in chiang mai year in year off for a number of years now but just wondered if any new pubs or clubs had poped up.Monkey club sounds like fun,i'll have to go along one day.It's not all about going out and partying theres time for sleep too! The thing is when i'm in this country (England) i have to work really hard and never go out as 1. i don't get paid enough to go out and save money to come to this beautiful country that is Thailand and 2 if i ever do go out over here most of the time you just meet idiots.

In Thailand i like to beleive that you can walk into any bar anywhere on your own and meet people from all walks of life and have a chat and a laugh, something i feel you can't do in England anymore.

I too used to have a group of friends over there but now all of those have got marreid and had kids and moved back to the U.K,i do know of people in chiang mai but you can never know too many people or have too many friends.

Have fun!!

life is only alright eh? thats pretty poor,not making the most of things then are we!

yeah chiang mai is alright. i earn enough to live a good life. my kids are in a good school. i have nice friends in the local bars to chat with. plenty to do here. i am sorry, perhaps i should have said fantastic, awesome, fabulous, mindblowing, out of this world, amazing, superb. is that alright for ya?

what would be making the most of things?

In Thailand i like to beleive that you can walk into any bar anywhere on your own and meet people from all walks of life and have a chat and a laugh, something i feel you can't do in England anymore.

i do know of people in chiang mai but you can never know too many people or have too many friends.

Have fun!!

How is LIFE in Chiang Mai? Well truthfully, it is a whole lot better than DEATH in Chiang Mai.

That said however, I agree that it is easier in Thailand to just walk up to strangers and start talking. Some of the strangers might even be beautiful women which makes it so much better. If a falong stranger looks at you funny and replies in a foreign accent then all you do is laugh and give a thumbs up sign. I greet everyone with a smile and talk to anybody. I haven't been turned off yet. By contrast I would seldom walk up to a stranger's table in a bar in North America and just start talking. If I did I'd probably get strange looks.

I have never been to fabrique though,what is it like there??

Fabrique is pretty dam_n good, as far as nightclubs in Chiang Mai go. It's open until after 4am, has two big rooms (one Thai bands and then DJ, the other trance/dance music). There is also a very pleasant outdoor garden area with beanbags and lots of seating too, and a cafe too. It gets really packed at the weekends, mainly a Thai crowd, but some foreigners too.

Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for somewhere to go after Warm Up, etc... and don't want to endure the stink of Spicey.

yeah chiang mai is alright. i earn enough to live a good life. my kids are in a good school. i have nice friends in the local bars to chat with. plenty to do here. i am sorry, perhaps i should have said fantastic, awesome, fabulous, mindblowing, out of this world, amazing, superb. is that alright for ya?

what would be making the most of things?

To be honest mate i was just being a little sarcastic as some of the replys i was getting were siilly,

for me, making the most of things would just be being happy and content with where i am.

I have never been to fabrique though,what is it like there??

Fabrique is pretty dam_n good, as far as nightclubs in Chiang Mai go. It's open until after 4am, has two big rooms (one Thai bands and then DJ, the other trance/dance music). There is also a very pleasant outdoor garden area with beanbags and lots of seating too, and a cafe too. It gets really packed at the weekends, mainly a Thai crowd, but some foreigners too.

Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for somewhere to go after Warm Up, etc... and don't want to endure the stink of Spicey.

Cheers Keo fabrique sounds like it's worth a look.

What ever happend to maderlay because the last time i was there the police had shut it down but i have to say that was a good venue for a club.

If you are looking for more than nice and alright please do not come here !!!!!!! There are other venues where you can get your rocks off. Your kind is not welcome here.

What do you mean, your kind is not welcome here? Are you speaking for yourself or on behalf of everyone else.

You're just an arrogant snob.

Are you related to chiangmaioldhand who has a no riff raff sign on his door or maybe you are an old coffin dodger, well passed it.

And what's wrong with as you describe, getting your rocks off. Life`s short make the most of it and jump down off that cross.

For nightlife, Chiang Mai is not what it used to be, most of what's left are only remnants to how is was a few years ago, although it is around if you know where to look, but these days, expensive.

Good luck to the OP and if he wishes to get his rocks off or anything else for that matter, he can pm me. We can have a night of drinking, eating, behaving badly and debauchery out in the town.

I will hold you to that sassienie!!

Welcome to Chiang Mai, ole sport.

i do know of people in chiang mai but you can never know too many people or have too many friends.

Have fun!!

How is LIFE in Chiang Mai? Well truthfully, it is a whole lot better than DEATH in Chiang Mai.

That said however, I agree that it is easier in Thailand to just walk up to strangers and start talking. Some of the strangers might even be beautiful women which makes it so much better. If a falong stranger looks at you funny and replies in a foreign accent then all you do is laugh and give a thumbs up sign. I greet everyone with a smile and talk to anybody. I haven't been turned off yet. By contrast I would seldom walk up to a stranger's table in a bar in North America and just start talking. If I did I'd probably get strange looks.

I'm your man Ian "And we both get heaps of shyt from Rassuru" (so we must have something in common although I admit to the fact that you are "hansum man more than me") :):D:D:D

My apologies for the spelling of your 'pseudonym' K. Rass

Edited by john b good

I'm your man Ian "And we both get heaps of shyt [sic] from Rassuru [sic]" . . . .

My apologies for the spelling of your 'pseudonym' K. Rass

My goodness, K. john b good, but I find that surprising. I have never had any intention of of giving even small amounts of such to either you or Ian. Apologies for whatever it was that came across that way. Oh, and no worries about the misspelling.

Rass Tafari

• 2 months later...