Best Place To Go For Long-distance Taxi?

I am returning to Thailand tomorrow and wonder where the best place is to pick-up a taxi for a long-distance trip to Lopburi. Is the arrival's hall recommended for getting a taxi?

wow Lopburi I was just there couple of weeks ago. my wife lives in the next town over. when I get to the airport my wife has already shopped around the taxis drive and find one to take use to her town. She as got as low as 1300 for the trip.

I am returning to Thailand tomorrow and wonder where the best place is to pick-up a taxi for a long-distance trip to Lopburi. Is the arrival's hall recommended for getting a taxi?

I may need a taxi from BKK airport to my place, 50 km from Khon Kaen again in the future.

I used a taxi last year. I was approached by one of this illegal taxi drivers in the airport and took the chance. 3'500 Baht at 20:00 in the evening. There where two drivers: one drove me to Khon Kaen, the other was then driving the taxi back to Bangkok. It was an old Mercedes with a changed engine to run with gas. It did not run faster then the allowed 90 km/h - which was OK with me. We arrived save and well at my home at 02:30.

Did you get a taxi - and if so, where?

How much did you pay and how much hassle was involved?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards

Thedi

I may need a taxi from BKK airport to my place, 50 km from Khon Kaen again in the future.

I used a taxi last year. I was approached by one of this illegal taxi drivers in the airport and took the chance. 3'500 Baht at 20:00 in the evening. There where two drivers: one drove me to Khon Kaen, the other was then driving the taxi back to Bangkok. It was an old Mercedes with a changed engine to run with gas. It did not run faster then the allowed 90 km/h - which was OK with me. We arrived save and well at my home at 02:30.

Did you get a taxi - and if so, where?

How much did you pay and how much hassle was involved?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards

Thedi

I always talk with the meter taxi's and set a price. I usually get one for 1800-2000 baht for trip 30 km north of Korat. The illegal taxi's are always at least 1000 baht over what a meter taxi will charge for trip.

Just make sure meter taxi is newer before you finalize deal. Older ones can have loud mufflers and bad suspension. Makes for a terrible trip if not in good condition.