Retirement Visa Renewal

Hi Board,

I just completed my second visa renewal (original retirement visa and two renewals.)

Anyway, I took my bank balance certificate letter and "Pension Amount" letter from the US embassy, along with photo copies of my bank book and passport to Suan Plu in BKK.

Arrived at Immigration and went directly to the main lobby area and presented my completed TM 7 and paid my B1,900. Took about 10 minutes to process, then picked up the stamped form and proceeded to room 102 (ground floor.)

A desk was open and I handed my documents to a lady immigration officer.

She immediately started filling out a "Statement" basically all of the info from my TM 7. I forgot to make a copy of my re-entry stamps, but she cheerfully made the missing copy herself (word to the wise, the inhouse 1 baht copy center was closed.. something about contract renewal...)

It only took her about 15 minutes to complete my application. I was a little concerned, because I did not "top up" my savings account during 2004, but still had a B340k balance left. I had using my US ATM card and even stocked up on some baht before the dollar tanked.

Anyway, she handed me my file and advised me to wait for a supervisor to sign off. It was lunch time, so I waited another 10 minutes for a supervisor to appear. He gave my application a bored perfuntory glance, then signed off and that was that.

I then proceeded to get a single entry stamp in the main lobby area. I completed the TM 8, paid B1,000 and went for coffee. Fifty minutes later I was walking out with my new retirement visa, complete with a single re-entry stamp. Total cost B 4,315

Visa 1,900

Pension letter 1,200 (love those folks at the US embassy... Not!)

Bank Letter 200

Single re-entry 1,000

copies 15 (copies accross the street 2 baht /copy. Paid 50 satang

each for two copies of visa at my neighborhood copy

stand)

I think it adds up to B4,315!

Lance

One thing that I must ask you,  as this was a renewal why did you have to get another letter from the embassy?

I use the same letter every year.

Thetyim,

Er... uh.... can't answer that mate! I always assumed that I had to present a new "original" letter to immigration.

You keep giving them a copy of an old dated letter? It would be nice to save the B1,200...

U da man bro...

Lance

DId they require the health checkup also?

Last year, they said my physical should have been done within the last month or so (mine was 3 months old) but they let it slide.

Hi Farangene,

Maybe I've just lucked out, but I've never been asked for a health certificate or police check.

Lance

DId they require the health checkup also?

Last year, they said my physical should have been done within the last month or so (mine was 3 months old) but they let it slide.

Hi Farangene,

Maybe I've just lucked out, but I've never been asked for a health certificate or police check.

Lance

I remember reading about a police check, too, but I have some hazy memory at the time, thinking it only pertained if getting an O-A outside of Thailand, in your home country..... :o

BTW, according to first-hand reports, Thailand does issue Thai police clearance checks to Farangs in Thailand.

...I remember reading about a police check, too, but I have some hazy memory at the time, thinking it only pertained if getting an O-A outside of Thailand, in your home country.....  :o .....

For sure, you need a police "Criminal Record" (hopefully blank :D ) for an O-A visa obtained at a Thai embassy in your home country, but I thought the single re-entry permit was 1,900 baht and the multiple 3,800 baht? Can anyone confirm or deny?

...I remember reading about a police check, too, but I have some hazy memory at the time, thinking it only pertained if getting an O-A outside of Thailand, in your home country.....  :o .....

For sure, you need a police "Criminal Record" (hopefully blank :D ) for an O-A visa obtained at a Thai embassy in your home country, but I thought the single re-entry permit was 1,900 baht and the multiple 3,800 baht? Can anyone confirm or deny?

I should be able to confirm the multi price tomorrow...

...I should be able to confirm the multi price tomorrow...

OK, thanks. I've just checked this site, and there are indeed several references to 1,000 for a single and 3,800 for a multi. But I'm sure I was quoted 1,900 for a single at Phuket - the same as the extension cost - but maybe I've remembered it wrong. :o

Re entry is 1,000 for single and 3,800 for multi so unless you travel a lot multi is probably not worthwhile.

I thought about that. I just want to have the option, and I figure I'll be going at least twice through local borders, and getting the multi just seemed like the most expedient way- unless I can purchase multiples of single entries? If I have to deal with immigration each time, it's not worth the hassle, for me.

Yep, at Bangkok I paid B1,900 for the Visa extension and B1,000 for my single entry stamp.

Confirmed the same prices in Chiang Mai today..

By the way, applied for and got a one year stamp for retirement. Unlike recently, today they couldn't have been more helpfull or polite, and couldn't have smiled bigger or worked faster... From the time I handed in my paperwork, it took all of 10 minutes before I was out the door with my new visa stamp for one year. And he apologized for keeping me waiting! :o

Yes, sometimes a friend can help to make things (and people) work as they're supposed to... :D

Yep, at Bangkok I paid B1,900 for the Visa extension and B1,000 for my single entry stamp.

Confirmed the same prices in Chiang Mai today..

By the way, applied for and got a one year stamp for retirement. Unlike recently, today they couldn't have been more helpfull or polite, and couldn't have smiled bigger or worked faster... From the time I handed in my paperwork, it took all of 10 minutes before I was out the door with my new visa stamp for one year. And he apologized for keeping me waiting! :o

Ajarn,

Good for you! Happy to know that your renewal experience was a pleasant one as well...

Lance

...Good for you! Happy to know that your renewal experience was a pleasant one as well...

Lance

Wouldn't it be nice to think that maybe - just maybe - word has come down from "on high" to the immigration departments to make those farang that still come here to live, actually feel wanted instead of viewed with suspicion?

...Good for you! Happy to know that your renewal experience was a pleasant one as well...

Lance

Wouldn't it be nice to think that maybe - just maybe - word has come down from "on high" to the immigration departments to make those farang that still come here to live, actually feel wanted instead of viewed with suspicion?

Can't speak for others RDN, but in my case, word did come from 'above' to get off my back :D

I've always believed immigration was pretty much straight-forward and workable for anyone with the paperwork and a bit of polite patience...

I now know that that was a bit naive. Shit sometimes happens to even the most riaproy farangs but, when push came to shove, the good-guy was treated fairly, in at least my case. I can still maintain my faith in goodness, I guess :o

:D

As far as I know all visa's are 1,900 obtained inside Thailand. Also on this note I must say well done to the officials at Kap Choeng Immigration,Surin. They have made life very easy for a lot of Farangs.They are charming intellegent people,and get things moving very quickly.And it's always service with a smile :D:D

As far as I know all visa's are 1,900 obtained inside Thailand. Also on this note I must say well done to the officials at Kap Choeng Immigration,Surin. They have made life very easy for a lot of Farangs.They are charming intellegent people,and get things moving very quickly.And it's always service with a smile :o:D

Nope, sorry - A year ago I got a single-entry 'O' (marriage) visa in Kuala Lumpur, (200 ringgit or 2,000 baht) as I thought I would have the 400k ready for the 3-month period of the visa. Unfortunately my wife decided there was enough money in the bank to build a house!

So I needed to change the 3-month single entry to multiple entry (still 3 months) I did this at Pattaya immigration and was charged 3,500 baht above what I had already paid. After this I got a one-year multiple entry to build up my finances again - Singapore - S$ 200 - about 5,000 baht.

So prices vary from place to place. And not just outside Thailand.

...As far as I know all visa's are 1,900 obtained inside Thailand...

Sorry frank, er.. lampard :o , we're talking about the cost of re-entry permits.

...but I thought the single re-entry permit was 1,900 baht and the multiple 3,800 baht? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Single Re-Entry is 1000 Baht, multiple 3800 Baht. Period. :D

Absolutely - as already stated by lopburi3 on page one :D .

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts, but please read the first page of this topic - it has been firmly established that the "single re-entry permit" is 1,000 baht and the "multiple re-entry permit" is 3,800 baht (which just happens to be two times the cost of a yearly extension).