Probation in employment contract.

Baaksida

I failed the probation in my current position, bad luck!!

But I still have some disputes with my boss...

I have a one-year contract, probation of 120 days with full pay.

My boss gave me the boot yesterday.

My question is: am I still employed, i.e. does he have to tell me, that he will not "renew" the work contract on the ...

a) ... last day or within the probation period. Or ...

:D ... can he tell me on the121st day, that I failed the   probation ??  

If a) applies, I may still have a job, having time to look for a new one... (I started on May 26, but may work contract starts on June 1 ...

30 days (June) + 31 (July) + 31 (August) + 19 (September)

= 121 days (one day too late!) ...

:o

But if B) applies, of course I would be without a job.

Anybody, who knows the labour laws ??

B)

To the best of my knowledge (which is pretty limited, I admit), there is no such thing as a "probation period" for farangs (I believe,in fact, that it's also illegal for Thais). If you are hired under these circumstances, then technically your company is breaking the law -- they cannot hire a farang without the due process of a work permit application and approval, which can take up to 2 months. In other words, your company is employing you illegally -- so don't expect any sympathy from the Labour Department people (anyway, they're all well taken care of and don't give a s**t about farangs). And as for your contract -- it's worth less than the paper you wipe your *** on. Sorry Baaksida (which is the Lao equivalent of "farang"), you're screwed, or wiped, as the case may be. There is a web site that has the labour laws in English, but I don't have it at the moment. If you IM me, I will try to find it over the next few days.

Cheers.

Dex.