New Amazing Restaurant... Probably The Best In Chiang Mai!

bolx

My friend has just opened a restaurant somewhere in chiang mai, im not sure where it is, i think it's just outside chiang mai to be honest, maybe in one of the little provinces, it might be hard to find. I don't know the name of it and i'm not too sure where it is, and i've never eaten there, i don't really know what sort of food he serves there, but he's a nice bloke and i'm sure his food would taste really good. I bet it would be the best food in chiang mai, or definately in the top 10,000 restaurants in chiang mai. I definatley recommend everyone check it out as soon as possible.

Yep sounds great, and with 9,999 Restaurants in CM it is sure to be 10,000th.

Of course the food is gonna be great.....as you say your mate is a nice bloke !!!

Nothing to do with his culinary skills, he's just a nice bloke LOL

So let me see if I've got this right

You don't know where it is :)

You don't know the name of the place :D

You have never eaten there :D

Yet the food has got to be great as the owner is a nice guy :D

I don't think your future lies in the advertising world that's for sure. If you do ever find out what its called or where it is please let us all know wont you ?

Oh and as an aside. My mate is a really nice guy but even his soi dog wlil not eat anything he has had a hand in cooking :D

My friend has just opened a restaurant somewhere in chiang mai, im not sure where it is, i think it's just outside chiang mai to be honest, maybe in one of the little provinces, it might be hard to find. I don't know the name of it and i'm not too sure where it is, and i've never eaten there, i don't really know what sort of food he serves there, but he's a nice bloke and i'm sure his food would taste really good. I bet it would be the best food in chiang mai, or definately in the top 10,000 restaurants in chiang mai. I definatley recommend everyone check it out as soon as possible.

I don't understand why people have a problem with others being passionate about food and low and behold that food comes from certain restaurants. Why is that a bad thing, can someone please fill me in?

If you are bored with reading about food or restaurants there is an easy option - don't read them - do something else.

You don't need to look down on those that do, even though you are obviously superior to them.

You could also entertain us with an interesting topic of your own, maybe. That would be nice.

As some of you know, the Miele Guide is having a public voting for the best restaurants in Asia. Although I have not been there yet, this new restaurant really sounds like it deserves to be a winner. Public voting for The Miele Guide 2009/2010 edition has opened and will last until 24 May 2009. Cast your votes for Knobhead at WWW.MIELEGUIDE.COM. Every vote makes a difference. To thank you for your participation, the guide is offering each voter the chance to win one of three exclusive sets of Zwiesel 1872 crytal glassware (each with a value of up to US$2,100). By the way, you have to write in Knobhead. Show them we appreciate their efforts.

This is a HOT concept.

Restaurants called NO NAME always pull in the edgy hipsters.

But this is so much more less. A restaurant with NO FOOD, the culinary possibilities are very exciting. Of course NO LOCATION is needed to serve NOTHING, but your "friend" should really get a website and take booking deposits online.

Edited by Jingthing

since the finest restaurant thread was closed for very unobvious reasons i guess you are now in a total haze somewhere else and being very confused obviously forgot the last restaurant thread..... and the location, and the name of the finest....

first time ever on thia visa .com i am told no negative comments on people that actually dined at Chez Marcos southern mediterainian french restaurant in CM .

that is the name of the best mdeidterainian restaurant in CM and very possibly the world !!!.

the location since it seems you forgot is Loi Kroe street ......

i did not know you where his friend though but the chef is a friendly fellow..... enjoy!!!

Edited by gatorhead333

If you are bored with reading about food or restaurants there is an easy option - don't read them - do something else.

You don't need to look down on those that do, even though you are obviously superior to them.

You could also entertain us with an interesting topic of your own, maybe. That would be nice.

As usual Mr. Oldhand hit the nail on the head.

This is one of these people who can not just ignore threads that do not interest them. They have to show everyone how clever they are instead. They have the whining, complaining and insulting part down, but do not seem to be able to come up with anything that anyone else wants to read. :)

As usual Mr. Oldhand hit the nail on the head.

This is one of these people who can not just ignore threads that do not interest them. They have to show everyone how clever they are instead. They have the whining, complaining and insulting part down, but do not seem to be able to come up with anything that anyone else wants to read. :)

Yes that is right !!! do something else ... Like really try the restaurants ( if you have the 200-300 baht) ... ie. the Dukes or Chez Marcos is the best start !! These two in some peoples book are the two best restaurants in C.M. and most reasonable pricing for what you are consistantly served... but more important is: do not miss taking your much needed meds if this in fact applies.. and get out of your room!!!! then once mellow again,beath the outside air and go taste the best and then digest and wake up all happy the next morning ..... it is the first day of your so far oh so miserable life...instead of griping and crying ..try to have fun ,get some love and eat good food ....and may i personally suggest Chez Marcos for the finest mediterainian dining hands down and/or thumbs up and the Dukes for the best American food in CM !!! enjoy!!

Edited by gatorhead333

I pray that a Super-Moderator will soon descend deus ex machina and put this thread out of its misery before its howls echo any further.

best, ~o:37;

hey i am wonder the to me not so obvious... o.k. i am new help me out.. never had time to look at foroms before ....any comment the mods can delete and many times do but why shut down a informative thread that was coming back 100% positive for the food???

because ?? i replied to many times..

some poeple somehow wanted to talk about spicy fighting... or some slow man misstype a unacceptable word???Delete the post that do not apply or are rude but do not shut down somehting that rings true with many....

now the people of the world coming to CM will obviously suffer since the tread will disappear into space...not to mention the 10,000 of expats living in thailand....

why was the chez marco thread killed?? :" i ate it, i loved it!!" comments positive 100% but now the folks that would have enjoy fine mediterainian food at this inexpensive tasty tucked away place will not hear about this culinary treasure treat....

seems a crime.

I pray that a Super-Moderator will soon descend deus ex machina and put this thread out of its misery before its howls echo any further.

best, ~o:37;

hey i am wonder the to me not so obvious... o.k. i am new help me out.. never had time to look at foroms before ....any comment the mods can delete and many times do but why shut down a informative thread that was coming back 100% positive for the food???

because ?? i replied to many times..

some poeple somehow wanted to talk about spicy fighting... or some slow man misstype a unacceptable word???Delete the post that do not apply or are rude but do not shut down somehting that rings true with many....

now the people of the world coming to CM will obviously suffer since the tread will disappear into space...not to mention the 10,000 of expats living in thailand....

why was the chez marco thread killed?? :" i ate it, i loved it!!" comments positive 100% but now the folks that would have enjoy fine mediterainian food at this inexpensive tasty tucked away place will not hear about this culinary treasure treat....

seems a crime.

hey does anyone know of another restaurant other than chez marcos that calls itself mediterainian??? if so please post below.I think we need to do a taste test and cost test comparism... a vote or poll if you will >> doesn't the Mi Casa place call itself mediterainian ??? if so we are starting a comparism at opposite poles....so it would be good if there was more than two .... anybody knows anything about other mediterainian restaurants here in CM.

Edited by gatorhead333