Our Thai Friend Has Been Involved In A Very Bad Accident.

tomo22

Our friend has been involved in a very bad accident. Her car as a rite off. She has spent 3 months in hospital and will not be able to work for the next 3 months.

Insurance cover I believe she has basic 3 party.

Other driver same.

Other driver responsible for accident.

She has had to borrow money to pay for hospital bills. And will be taking her claim to her own insurance company today. Who have said they will pay. Sounds more like 2nd class.

However the people who caused the accident are refusing to pay for anything.

What should she do.

She has gone with two police officers and my wife to the police station today. To see what they can do.

Our friend has been involved in a very bad accident. Her car as a rite off. She has spent 3 months in hospital and will not be able to work for the next 3 months.

Insurance cover I believe she has basic 3 party.

Other driver same.

Other driver responsible for accident.

She has had to borrow money to pay for hospital bills. And will be taking her claim to her own insurance company today. Who have said they will pay. Sounds more like 2nd class.

However the people who caused the accident are refusing to pay for anything.

What should she do.

She has gone with two police officers and my wife to the police station today. To see what they can do.

Get a lawyer!

or something like that - there are solutions!

As it turns out no Solicitor or Lawyer was required. Yeasterday the local Chief of Police. Vistited the people on my request all of a sudden they found land they had and borowed money for the settlement.

The insurance company also payed the medical bills.

The insurance company also agreed to supply a solicitor if required.

As they say its not what you Know its who you no.

As for solictors and someone on the bread line paying for one where do they get the money from. Just travel costs for these people would be to much for them to afford.

Edited by tomo22

As it turns out no Solicitor or Lawyer was required. Yeasterday the local Chief of Police. Vistited the people on my request all of a sudden they found land they had and borowed money for the settlement.

The insurance company also payed the medical bills.

The insurance company also agreed to supply a solicitor if required.

As they say its not what you Know its who you no.

As for solictors and someone on the bread line paying for one where do they get the money from. Just travel costs for these people would be to much for them to afford.

I m happy for you. Decent policework and insurance company who payes. :) Hope your friend is recovering ok

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

One of my friends is in a similar situation. May I ask if your friend was required to give a donation to the police for their 'assistance' and how this is worked out?

Bankei

Some 11 years ago, here in the north, a Thai widow utterly refused to take responsibility for a debt of some 50,000b owed by her late US husband to my friend, a fellow farang. All concerned knew she had the money, no probs.

A local tourist police duo were approached and agreed to sort the whole thing out, guaranteed, for 10% plus (wait for it) 2000b to 'borrow' their bosses impressive police car to visit her at her home!

The matter was totally resolved in 2 days to the satisfaction of all, except the nasty Thai widow, of course. The 2 policemen even drove my friend to the bank and 'guarded' him while he deposited the cash.

Maybe no coincidence, but right now my wife is using a Thai lawyer to recover a similar amount (bad loan) and he is also on 10%. But no fee for a car!