Breakins And Theft

just had my bike nicked about 1 week ago.

My friend got his money lifted from his safe box in his hotel.

there was another robbery in another hotel in lamui.

just wondering if anyone else has been a victim of crime this month.

just want to get some real staticits rarther than from the newspaper.

i know that everything on thai visa.com has to be varified but if you your self have been a victims of crime then you can put it on here.

nearly everyone i know on this island has had some sorte of problem. more so during this world debt thing going on

Luckily I sold my house in Bophut in febuary but I have just heard that it has been burgled a few weeks ago. Apparently crime has increased dramatically on Samui since the wage earning opportunitys have slumped, so I hear.

HL :)

Luckily I sold my house in Bophut in febuary but I have just heard that it has been burgled a few weeks ago. Apparently crime has increased dramatically on Samui since the wage earning opportunitys have slumped, so I hear.

HL :)

which area ???

Motorbike, right? Was it new? A special breed?

Care to post a photo and license plate number so we can watch for it?

it would have been quicker off the island then a bar girl picking up her next gig at the airport :)

just had my bike nicked about 1 week ago.

Motorbike, right? Was it new? A special breed?

Care to post a photo and license plate number so we can watch for it?

thanks for the help but i am sure that the license plate would hava been un screwed and thrown away. it was white honda click. everywhere i look i see them. now i a getting bored now. i have tried my key in about 20 white honda clicks.

funny thing is that a few times my key worked !!!

it had stickers on it to hide a scratch. so either they removed the stickers which means that the scratch would be there or the stickers would be on there but they were not. cheers anyway

3 years ago I was contacting our clients on an almost daily basis about their properties being broken into. Lamai and Lipa Noi were the worst, with some properties broken into 3 times within as many months...dread to think what it must be like now....I remember one lady that lived near the golf range in Lamai, six times within a month broken into....beggars belief...bars on the windows and doors seemed to be the best deterrent, nothing else including alarms seemed to work...

my house has been broken into 3 times but not for about 2 years maybe i am due 1.

i am very suspicious of people walking buffalow, peopl chopping down cocnuts. just basic labours acting as farmers. once my house was burglered the neibours thought they were builders becuase they were dressed with builder uniforms.

i do know that thieves have to do surveillence before breaking in. so it is worth being aware

bars on the windows and doors seemed to be the best deterrent, nothing else including alarms seemed to work...

A dog works great- that's not really an option for a non-permanent resident, but for people who are on Samui full-time there really isn't a better choice for home security (it doesn't have to be a monster rottweiler or anything- any medium-sized dog is a good deterrent).

bars on the windows and doors seemed to be the best deterrent, nothing else including alarms seemed to work...

A dog works great- that's not really an option for a non-permanent resident, but for people who are on Samui full-time there really isn't a better choice for home security (it doesn't have to be a monster rottweiler or anything- any medium-sized dog is a good deterrent).

yes dogs do work good. until 2 of mine were poisoned. not sure if that was thieves of people looking for the dog that ate their chickens and blamed mine

I do have bars on all my windows but I think the lock on my glass terrace doors and my (wooden) kitchen door are a laugh for every burgler. I don't want to have a dog but does anyone know someone who can advice me, sell and fix proper locks? I live in Bangrak.

I do have bars on all my windows but I think the lock on my glass terrace doors and my (wooden) kitchen door are a laugh for every burgler. I don't want to have a dog but does anyone know someone who can advice me, sell and fix proper locks? I live in Bangrak.

Although not too pleasing to the eye, you can have metal cage doors inside of your terrace/back doors also...

Unfortunately crime is on the increase as people feel the pinch. Set you house up as secure as possible (or visibly more securer than than your neighbours). Other forms of theft will be an increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals, poor attempts at surcharging, extortion from Samui "lawyers and accountants" (used very loosely) and just the general feeling of poor quality and premium pricing.

This is not St Tropez this is Samui........and to be honest today it looks like a shit hole in the rain!

Unfortunately crime is on the increase as people feel the pinch. Set you house up as secure as possible (or visibly more securer than than your neighbours). Other forms of theft will be an increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals, poor attempts at surcharging, extortion from Samui "lawyers and accountants" (used very loosely) and just the general feeling of poor quality and premium pricing.

This is not St Tropez this is Samui........and to be honest today it looks like a shit hole in the rain!

yes true. before i used to come to thailand because of the live style and because it was cheap. now it is more expensive than england.

instead of lowering prices during this hard time. the price are starting to go up.

the island genorates alot of tax. yet the difference of quality of things like roads and electric compared to donsak. ( the ferry peir on the mainland) where not many people go for holdiay.

it seem here you pay more for less service. the more u pay the less of a service you get.

can the moderators but an accidents and crime forum. for each area. as the local paper has stopped printing statistics.

if people post them as they happen we might be able to do it our selves.

people have the right to know if the house next door keeps getting robbed or if someone they know has been in an accident.

it seem here you pay more for less service. the more u pay the less of a service you get.

That is the Samui way, but at one point there will be no more customer so another bunch of business will close down.

And judging from last february this winter there will be no businesses open at all OR the rent go down and there will be some new guys with onest service at the correct price....

Im pleased that I stopped smoking and very rarely drink anymore...the taxes this week increased a packet of LM by 23%, disgusting... how in a recession can a government justify an increase of that much....no wonder crime is on the increase

Other forms of theft will be an increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals...

An increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals is a form of theft? You lost me there.

I think it means the scams which the locals run with the BIB.

whats the BIB

Other forms of theft will be an increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals...

An increase in driving incidents/accidents with the locals is a form of theft? You lost me there.

I think it means the scams which the locals run with the BIB.

whats the BIB

Boys in Brown

That is the Samui way, but at one point there will be no more customer so another bunch of business will close down.

And judging from last february this winter there will be no businesses open at all OR the rent go down and there will be some new guys with onest service at the correct price....

i agrea. i reputation for being an honest businessman or woman might get you more business in the long run than the local weiler and dealer.

personally i have nearly broken my back to find staff i can trust and if i do find them. people normally head hunt them if they are not given a royal treatment. which is this country if you are 100 per cent honest and can be trusted with millions of baht of other peoples money then you should be treated well.

the fact is that someone that is not money motivated will just plane and simply do their job. with or with out extra treatment.

beleive me i have fianlly found some trustfull staff but i an't tell you lot my business in case i piss one of them off and the go work for someone else.

with my hot temper. people need patients of a saint to work with me . lol

Edited by BigC

My tenant woke up at 2am to see his gas being stolen from his rental bike, plus this morning he realised that they had stolen the handset from the cordless phone through the bars on the window - but not the base. Luckily we canceled the connection ages ago. Seems really desperate though...

with my hot temper. people need patients of a saint to work with me . lol

One needs the 'patients of a saint' just to read your posts!

shouldn't be a problem. if you are really a golf fish you'll forget what i write in 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 its gone