Dtac Gprs Update

j634

Hi all,

Just for your information. Just went and got the DTAC GRRS package. Details:

Work permit and visa required

999 baht a month, you have to choose between time and download. It doesn't matter which you choose it is unlimited. The reason is for internal purposes.

250 or 350 baht a month extra for phone number. No choice in this. If you take the 250 no phone calls, 350 you get I think 100 minutes.

Sim card 199 baht. That is the only upfront money needed.

Bought the Sony Ericcson T68I. Not bad. If you want better downloads I suggest land line. The edge network not in all areas. I can't get it yet. Your phone must be edge compatable. They claim 256 mb from the brochure.

Setup was a pain in the ars. But did manage ok. Only thing I don't like is the pairing each time you turn on the computer and this is only because I am lazy.

I used a PCT before so the speed ect. is normal for me. Can listen to music but no video.

Reason you can't find anything on their website. " It is a promotion " Their answer when I asked.

That's all. I hope this will help anyone.

Hi all,

Just for your information. Just went and got the DTAC GRRS package. Details:

Work permit and visa required

not if you put it on your girlfriend

999 baht a month, you have to choose between time and download. It doesn't matter which you choose it is unlimited. The reason is for internal purposes.

same promotion before in 2003, canceled dec/31, start again this year, jan/01

250 or 350 baht a month extra for phone number. No choice in this. If you take the 250 no phone calls, 350 you get I think 100 minutes.

Sim card 199 baht. That is the only upfront money needed.

not, if you have a phone with dtac

Setup was a pain in the ars. But did manage ok

you tell them which phone you are using, they send the setup by sms

Only thing I don't like is the pairing each time you turn on the computer and this is only because I am lazy.

takes two seconds, disadvantage: some areas, some days, gors connection breking many times!!!

I used a PCT before so the speed ect. is normal for me. Can listen to music but no video.

f**king slow!

Reason you can't find anything on their website. " It is a promotion " Their answer when I asked.

correct, but they offer it, when you inquire about gprs

:o

still waiting for landline!! :D:D:D

If you're just using GPRS, the AIS data plans are much cheaper than DTAC (starting from 30 baht per month), depending on how many hours you want bundled (I think, max is 400).

But if you want to use EDGE, DTAC is currently your only option. Configuration settings are here if you end up having to set it manually.

Faster CDMA networks are (supposedly) going to proliferate this year.

im currently using the AIS GPRS ...

paying Thai Baht 350 +120 hours GPRS

250baht permonth for sim card charges

every month 600 baht...They best part is i could change the plan everymonth to a lower or higer plan...example if im heading to the US i could just inform the AIS operator to downgrade my GPRS plan to as low as 30baht for 4 hours usage..in this way if im out of thailand say about 2 or 3 month ill pay little every month instead of 350baht ofr gprs...